Having read many of the reviews here, we were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Yes, it's not the quality you'd expect from a 5* hotel in the UK, but it is certainly head and shoulders above many hotels you'd find on the Costa del Sol. It is clean, comfortable and set in lovely landscaped grounds, overlooking the sea. We found the service to be polite and efficient, especially the housekeeping staff, who uncomplainingly brought us an iron and ironing board every evening when requested!
The breakfast buffet was one of the most extensive I have seen, although at times the staff seemed unable to keep up with clearing the tables and serving tea and coffee. We didn't eat any other meals in the hotel, but it has several restaurants and bars and offers an excellent choice. We also watched one of the evening entertainment shows in the hotel's nightclub and were extremely impressed by the quality. There is also a casino on site which we visited several times. The hotel spa seemed expensive, and the fitness room was very basic, but the indoor and outdoor pools were both lovely and very clean. Guests are given pool towels each day at no extra charge, so there is no need to take your own beach towels with you. There is a private beach, but it is extremley rocky, so not recommended - but there is another very nice beach about 2 minutes' walk from the hotel. There were relatively few children in the hotel, and it didn't seem to have a huge amount of children's facilities. We were also pleasantly surprised to find it was mainly frequented by Spanish holiday makers, rather than British people - which is usually a good sign!
Several reviews complain about the location of the hotel as it is not in the centre of Benalmadena, but we found it to be ideal as it was away from some of the tackier bars and cafes. There are at least four very pleasant restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel (particularly 'La Cala' where we went for lunch on several occasions) and the Marina, with plentiful bars and restaurants, is 8 Euros in a taxi - which seems reasonable, considering guest car parking is 10 Euros a day in the hotel. There were always taxis waiting outside the hotel. There is also a bus stop 30 seconds walk away with buses every 20 minutes that go through Benalmadena and on to Torremolinos and Malaga. The fare to Malaga was 2.50 Euros, so you really can't complain about the location.
Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet, and I would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing break. It is by no means the best or the worst hotel I have stayed in, but we certainly had no complaints.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your best bet for Leisure and Business Ideally located on the beach-front of Benalmadena Costa, and with a sophisticated atmosphere, Hotel Torrequebrada is your best bet for both Leisure and Business. It offers a wide gastronomical variety of delicious food, peace and tranquility in its extensive gardens, Shows in the Sala Fortuna, fun and entertainment in the Casino, spacious, fully equipped conference rooms, activities and entertainment during the summer months and Wellness area for relaxation. All of this together with a relaxed atmosphere on the shore of the Mediterranean Sea and only 30 minutes from Marbella and Malaga, right in the heart of the Costa del Sol. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Superbreak UK, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your THB Torrequebrada Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torrequebrada Hotel Benalmadena
- Hotel Torrequebrada
- THB Torrequebrada Hotel Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol