My wife and I had reason to go last week for three days to Benalmadena to visit a friend who was seriously ill. Benalmadena is where he lives so that is where I looked for a nice hotel. If you know Benalmadena it is not the place where one would necessarily choose to go for a holiday but for us it was necessary. Even though i have been in the travel business for 20 years i did not know of a hotel in Benalmadena where i would be happy to take my wife! she is fairly particular. however needs must and I chose the Vincci Aleysa which opened in August last year.
15 minutes from Malaga airport and a 25Euro taxi ride brought us to the hotel.
This is nice, I said to my wife when we arrived. Quick as a flash the receptionist said 'and this is only reception!' She was right! The hotel was full - yes in April - all 35 rooms were taken and we had to settle for a standard room as we had booked late.Our room was better than many junior suites I have stayed in. Throughout the hotel the finish was exceptional, tasteful and under stated. Apart from the usual shampoo and conditioner the bathroom offered about 20 other complimentary bits and pieces. It had bath, wet room, toilet and bidet, fluffy gowns and above all space.
From the outside deck there were settees and tables and a view of the beach and sea below.
there is a lovely pool and jacuzzi with the usual loungers. We never did get to see the spa but other clients raved about the massages.
Breakfast! Wow! As I said I have traveled a bit and the only hotel in which i stayed that came close in terms of selection is the Arabela western cape South Africa and it didn't have a chocolate fountain. On our last morning I indulged by dunking a profiterole - decadent!
We didn't dine but I am sure that the high standards throughout was also reflected in the standard of cuisine. By the way, a short walk along the promenade below is the St Tropez fish restaurant. superb at lunch time. The staff throughout the hotel were charming, smiling and helpful. What more can I say other than if you want a restful few days in the sun in superb surroundings don't let the thought of Benalmadena put you off. This is a real gem - we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel will be opened late July 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Vincci Seleccion Aleysa Hotel Boutique & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vincci Seleccion Aleysa Hotel Boutique Benalmadena
- Vincci Seleccion Aleysa Hotel Boutique And Spa
- Aleysa Playa Aparthotel málaga
- Aleysa Playa Aparthotel Hotel málaga
- Vincci Seleccion Aleysa Hotel Boutique & Spa Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol