“This wonderful place just gets better.......”

Vincci Seleccion Aleysa Hotel Boutique & Spa
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Manchester, United Kingdom
“This wonderful place just gets better.......”
Reviewed 6 October 2012

We eagerly awaited our return to the Aleysa after our first visit last March.Upon check in we were told by the reception staff that we had been allocated Room A21, the Grand Suite and the biggest room in the hotel. It was fantastic in every respect, massive and oozing quality everywhere. The place is easily the best hotel we have stayed at, and the friendly reception staff are an absolute joy.......We doubted that it could be better than our first visit, but they really do read these comments and act on them. The breakfast is taken in the beautiful restaurant in an unhurried, waitress served environment, overlooking the sea through the panoramic glazing. The full english breakfast has now been modified to remove the salad and green beans which seemed a little out of place on our last visit. The choice is absolutely stunning, and I found myself enjoying spanish delicacies, and Cava, resulting in our Breakfast becoming a true "Luxury" experience. The Hotel sorted out our transfers in an Audi A8 which was so spacious after the "battery hen" budget flight experience. A big Thank You to all the reception staff who really do make you feel happy at all times - I found myself doing a little dance when they greeted me they are THAT good. We are suffering sever "post holiday depression" and are preparing to book our return in May....we really can`t wait..........

Room Tip: You really don`t have to worry - all rooms are fantastic.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dave W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I stayed here around 4 or 5 weeks ago. It's by far the best hotel that I have ever stayed in. Excellent from start to finish. A week before I arrived I received an email from the hotel asking if I would like to book an airport transfer. €25. I also availed of this service when returning to the airport. The chauffeur driven cars were a top spec Mercedes Viano, and on return, a top spec Audi A8. Amazing value at €25 e/w.
On arrival at the hotel we were greeted at the door and quickly checked in. Our bags were taken to our room while we went on a tour of the hotel with one of the staff from reception.
The rooms are far superior than the average hotel you would normally expect in this part of the world. Excellent facilities in the room and plenty of toiletries in the bathroom.
The terrace is a great spot to have your breakfast every morning offering great views. Food was also great.
Guests have free access to the spa. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful.
Nothing bad to say about this place. You can also access the hotel from the beach via a private entrance. Nice vibe around the pool and jacuzzi.
I will definitely be returning here for several more visits.

1 Thank Trip_C0nsultant
New Jersey
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Do not think about it twice. Book your stay at this hotel and you will not regret it.

The rooms are modern, clean and spacious. The bathrooms are out of a catalog picture. Just incredible. The view to the ocean is spectacular and the air conditioning was perfect. The beds were comfortable. Hands down this hotel is top 3 on my list from all the hotels I have stayed in North America, Europe and the Caribbean.

There is a mini bar that is well stocked and attractively priced. This hotel does everything right.

The staff was incredibly attentive and polite. Every evening housekeeping would leave a candy with my daughter's name and a nice drawing. The smile and excitement that this small gesture brought to my daughter was indeed priceless.

The pool was amazing. It is very clean and towels are readily available.

The RESTAURANT: AMAZING! Do not waste your money anywhere else. The food at the hotel restaurant was far superior than anything around. AVOID the Argentinian Steakhouse at the plaza. it was just terrible.

I wish someone would have given me this advice prior to my trip. I would have saved myself and my family quite a few average and below average dining experiences.

5 star hotel and a 5 star restaurant.

Area:

The beach is very nice. Very Active. They rent jet skis and other water crafts 5 minutes away. If you exit from the FRONT of the hotel make a left. It is a 10 minute walk. Lots of Fun.

The have an amusement park (Tivoli World) near by. It is a 7-8 euro taxi ride. The rides are a bit outdated but still fun.

They have cable cars right across the street from Tivoli. It was a fun, scary ride. It goes very high. It was worth the price. (2 adults and 1 Child about $40 euros.)

There is also a water park called Aqua Land that is a $10-$12 euro taxi ride. We had a great time.

Tip: The hotel offers a private pick up from the airport for $25 euros. It is worth it. It is priced the same as a taxi.

This was an amazing hotel and I highly recommend it. It is worth every single penny.

Safe Travels!

Room Tip: You just cannot go wrong here!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank MJRTZ
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2012

This hotel is excellent. Our deluxe room was very well furnished and the bathroom was fitted with high-end fixtures. Our balcony/terrace was huge and overlooked the sea and the garden which was directly below it. Our bed must have been 8 foot wide! The restaurant food was good although very expensive. That said, the breakfast, which was included in our price, was fantastic with a tremendous choice available. The house wine we had with dinner was very nice indeed and very reasonably priced at only €3. The service we received from all the staff was very helpful and polite without being ingratiating or over the top.

The location is horrible. I probably should have done some more research myself because the location could not have been worse. Benalmadena was a shock to the system. I cannot understand why such a lovely hotel would be in such a dreadful place. It is mile after mile of cheap restaurants touting good ole english food - pie and mash, chicken in a basket, fish and chips and a huge variety of Irish bars. We took to walking about a kilometre uphill to find somewhere a little more authentic. I would just add that once inside the confines of the hotel we did not hear any noise from outside at all - not even the traffic from the busy road the hotel sits on.

I should also mention the marina. Usually marinas are quite pleasant places however this one was surrounded by tacky kiss me quick souvenir shops aimed specifically at the Brits and nasty cafes desperately trying to persuade you to part with your money and consume more carbs in one meal than the average Spaniard probably eats in a week.

If you can afford to eat at the hotel's restaurant for the duration of your stay, then brilliant. Just don't venture outside of the hotel and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room that was spacious and had a private terrace. Rooms overlooking the pool do not...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Trg43
Oxted, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2012

This is our second time here & in August we had our blessing at the Hotel with our friends & family that came out to share our special day with us, the food that the chefs did was out of this world as was the set up provided whist we were there celebrating, we had an amazing time as did our guests & all of the staff are so lovely & helpful & could not of wished for a better day,

I can honestly say that this is one of the best hotels that I have stayed in, in the world & we are looking forward to having a small reunion again next year, the rooms are clean, spacious & the hotel is so accomodating to your every need,

A BIG thank you to you all for making our stay so memorable,

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kirsty E
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of this wonderful hotel. The welcome on arrival was warm and friendly, and was nicely complimented with a personal greeting from the manager a couple of hours later. The room (a Junior Suite for ten nights) was immaculately clean and very impressive. As one who struggles to sleep in warmer climes, I was very appreciative of a massive, comfy bed and great air conditioning. The bathroom was superb (loved the steam free mirrors) and had ample, high quality toiletries. The view from the balcony was first class too.

The food was excellent at all times of day, probably the best food we had in the whole area. The pool area is first class too. Not the biggest, but in a hotel with only 35 rooms, it never felt busy. The location is great too. Right on the beach with dozens of bars, shops and restaurants just a stone’s throw away. Genuinely one of the best hotels I have ever been in anywhere. I will definitely return, and soon

Room Tip: Although the suite was excellent, I'm not sure that there is a bad room in the place
2 Thank PatBateman316
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at this fabulous hotel. We arrived and we were greeted so warmly by the staff (and those warm greetings continued for all of our 10 night stay). We were upgraded to a suite and chilled champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries met us upon our entrance. How about that for first impressions?

Our Junior Suite was spacious, tastefully decorated and with the best hotel bathroom I have ever encountered. A bath that would easily fit 3 people, a separate, huge walk-in shower, the 2 sinks and the separate toilet/ bidet compartment area. The finish on the bedroom and the bathroom just screams high-quality. For example, the lighting is brilliant, especially the 2 steam-free mirrors. And I agree with everyone else - the choice of toiletries is wonderful. Nothing has been forgotten.

Our room had its own terrace that led onto the garden area and overlooked the beach. What a view! The garden area is lovely and has its own collection of sun loungers and towels, but we found that the late August high temperatures meant that we spent a lot of time by the pool instead. The pool isn't the biggest I've come across but it is perfect for a boutique hotel. The cooling jacuzzi is just lovely. Do be careful of some guests who place towels on sun-loungers early in the morning, pre-breakfast, and then only spend 1 hour at the pool before clearing off for the day. If you encounter this, the staff are very accommodating. The hotel has an agreement with one of the beach areas so you can enjoy time at the beach for free (i.e. not pay for a sunbed and parasol).

As regards food, the Aleysa did not disappoint. We enjoyed the Friday night BBQ - what a selection of fresh fish and meats, cooked to order, along with the massive buffet of salads, breads and dessert choices. We tried the room service on one occasion too - a club sandwich and a burger. The club sandwich was really delicious but the highlight of the meal was the burger - no minced beef for the Aleysa. Instead you receive a proper steak burger, cooked to your preference. Best burger ever! The breakfasts are wonderful - so much choice (who ever thought of apple cake or a chocolate fountain at breakfast time?) and you can also order something fresh from the menu - fresh eggs, omelettes, full breakfast, etc. My only little niggle was that there is only freshly-squeezed orange juice to drink and it runs out very quickly so I'd like to see a better selection of fresh juices.

Finally, the hotel's location is brilliant. You can take the stairs or the lift down to beach level and it is an easy walk along the promenade into the Port (10 mins) or away towards Torrequebrada.
There is a small corner shop across the road from the front of the hotel where you can buy water for your room or there is a supermarket at the Port.

All in all, this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in (and it certainly deserves the 5 stars). My husband and I had the holiday of a lifetime and we have already decided that we are going to book our return next summer.

Thank you to Sara and all her staff at the Aleysa for an unforgettable holiday.

Room Tip: Choose a junior suite for your own, private terrace.
6 Thank GildaNI