“Fantastic place”

Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Preston
“Fantastic place”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

After reading the negative reviews on here, I was presently surprised at what we found when we arrived at the hotel.
A big inviting reception area, helpful Spanish staff on the reception desk, who dealt with a slight mix up with my sisters rooms.
I booked for 11 nights with my 10 year old son, and my sister booked for 7 nights with her partner and 2 teenage girls, on an all inclusive basis. Our rooms were all large with 2 double beds. The rooms were cleaned daily, and fresh towels left as and when required and air conditioning and a big fan in the ceiling.
The swimming pool was a small distance from the hotel and you needed your key card to enter and their was a security guy on the gate, this was fantastic as you knew that no undesirables would enter the pool area, some of the sun beds were a bit dodgy, but there were always plenty of beds, and never struggled to get 6 together, apart from one day, but we sorted that. There was always plenty going on round the pool, aerobics, games with the entertainment staff, paella for snacks, and plenty of snacks and drinks round the pool.
Food... I can't believe that anybody could fault the food at this hotel (and may I add that myself and my sister don't eat rubbish) Each day was standard bacon, eggs, omelette station, pan cakes.. all types of fresh fruit and bread, vegetables, beans, meats and cheeses.. the list goes on... all fresh and fly free.. the waiters/waitresses were smart and always around and attending tables.. the food was constantly wheeled out fresh.. Lunch and Tea... always 3 types of fresh meat cooking fresh at the meat counter, also a few different types of fish, king prawns.. the standard chips.. fresh meats, cheeses, plenty of salad.. the list goes on, you could never want for anything and everything was fresh, and full dishes replenished, not added to like other places I have been. The sweets again were fresh and tasty.
The waiters were very friendly, and in the family area and the bar they served you at your table
The entertainment was more towards the younger children, my 10 year old loved it and made new friends every day.
This was a multicultural hotel, a lot of Spanish guests and the entertainment was more for the Spanish but they tried to incorporate everybody. My two teenage nieces were a bit bored with the entertainment, but coped with it.
We caught the bus into Fueingirolla one night which was about 20 mins on the bus, which stops outside the hotel. We didn't really venture out of the hotel much as we didn't need to.. There are a few restaurants at the bottom of the road and shops.
All in all a fantastic holiday, and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

3 Thank Nuttiechick
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please Know that it is our aim that you spend the best days of your holidays with us and this is what we are working for and trying to improve every day.

Gerente

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Me and my children arrived back yesterday and I was glad to be home!! The room had no air conditioning just a ceiling fan. I was told this was air conditioning!!!! The pool is ridiculously tiny for such a big hotel and there is a disgusting aroma of rotten milk that comes and goes. If you don't stand in a queue at 9.30am outside the pool gates you won't get a sun bed or umbrella. Even if you do manage to get one most are broken and people decide to steal and switch your beds whilst your'e at the bar or swimming. The bar doesn't open till 11am at the pool, so take a drink with you. I have never encountered such rude individuals as the Russians, which the hotel has lots of, they refuse to queue or be civil to an English person in any way. The children's mini-club is excellent and the staff are very friendly. The night entertainment is dire and if you are all inclusive you are trapped there really.The food is fantastic for meat and fish lovers, but poor for vegetarians. On check out the receptionist tried to charge us for drinks which we never had too. I can safely say we would never return and think twice before booking. Other 3 star hotels offer a much better holiday.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better sea view
1 Thank Laura G
Dear Guest,
Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately there is no one hundred percent satisfied stayed at our hotel, of course we will take note of the points indicates for improvements. Hopefully us a second chance.

Gerente

Travellers are raving about these Benalmadena hotels

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed with friends at this hotel 18 July 2013 for ten nights. Three Adults and Five children aged from 9 to 12. I don't usually leave feedback, but having read a lot of reviews before and travelling, I feel I should.

I was very worried about the comments on the food and even packed a few bits in my suitcase for the kids, however, I was very surprised to find the food was excellent. I know it is a matter of 'individual taste' but all five kids never struggled to find something that they liked. All food was changed regularly and displayed in small portions; the variety was excellent. The hotel was predominantely Spanish, which is what we loved and the food reflected the Spanish diet. Breakfast was our favourite meal, fresh croissants, chefs to make fresh omlettes, full english or continental and lots of fruit/yoghurts, whatever you wanted. Lunch and evening meals again were excellent, lots of choice, chefs cooked meats and fish on demand, fresh bread, salads, desserts (which I didn't really try because I was too full, but kids loved the freshly made crepes with lots of topping choices). I also have to recognise how hard the staff at this hotel work. They are so, so friendly, helpful and polite, they are certainly a credit to the hotel and are responsible for the smooth running of such a busy environment.

The hotel and pool area/beach was exceptionally clean. The rooms were cleaned every day and on the odd day when me and the kids had a lay-in and missed the maid service, she had returned later that day to make the room up. My only critism of the Delux Family room was the size; however, very little time was spent in there. Also, the room descriptions vary upon booking, but my friend had a Single Parent room, which was identical to mine, two double beds, desk with mirror, mini fridge with draws below and a case stand, also a wall of mirrored fitted wardrobes with lots of hanging and drawer space, two bedside cabinets and all rooms have a balcony and safe. If you have young children who go to sleep early, make sure you ask for a room away from the entertainment stage; our room was above it but with older kids this was ok; the entertainment finished at midnight. It was all Spanish, which I read complaints about, but I have to say, when in Spain and it is a Spanish hotel!!!!!!!

This hotel was fantastically located. The hotel itself was on the beach, two beach coves to choose from, one with sun beds and shade which you had to pay for. If you do have your own parasole and want to be on the beach, take it with you or they are between 9 & 12 euros to buy (which is what I did). Beaches are clean and the coastline is amazing. The pool area was very busy, it had life guards on constantly and bar/food area was easily accessible. My only recommendation here is that when the hotel is full, this area is packed and could do with being expanded. That said, we had the choice of the beach and the pool. The pool area has security on it and is controlled by key cards, so I felt very comfortable allowing my children free range of the pool and hotel area. Staff could all speak English and we practiced our Spanish which they were very patient in humouring us. There was a life guard on the beach also, with traffic light flags to indicate the safety of the sea/weather.

Just one tip for those of you travelling with children, our children played in the sea a lot. I recommend water shoes, as there were urchins and lots of injuries to the feet. These spikes are easy to remove with tweesers, once you soak your feet, but very uncomfortable. Also there are Jelly fish, which my son lost a fight with (ha ha), go straight to the pool area where they will treat the sting with vinegar. My son said he had been stung but nothing was visable for quite a while and due to me not getting treatment quick enough we ended up at the hospital. The first few minutes are vital apparently, so go straight to the pool area where they have Medical staff. The shop in the hotel have shoes/parasoles, there is a local shop 5 minutes walk, but also in Benalmadena there is more choice and it's a little cheaper (not much).

Hotel on a great bus route (bus doesn't always turn up on time)!! We went into the centre of Benalmadena to the markets, harbour and walked along the coastline, eating out a couple of nights - all in all fab holiday and I would definitely go again - excellent value for money. Taxi's were 10/12 euros each way, which is double the bus fare if you are on a budget. Hope this helped.

Room Tip: All rooms have sea view. Some rooms are above entertainment stage, so if you have young children ma...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank sam d
Dear Guest,
We appreciate the confidence placed in our hotel and the time dedicated to write your experience with us. We will continue working on the same line to the satisfaction of our guests. Thank you and happy to see you again in our hotel.

liverpool
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stayed from the 6th - 13th August. The hotel is on the outskirts of Benalmadena in a quiet location. Bus runs every 30mins to Benalmadena costing 1.80 euro's each. The Marina is lovely and 20 Euro's for 2 gets a lovely 1 hour boat trip with free drinks.
The Hotel is above average. We were first confused as you are given a swipe card instead of a wrist band for your all inclusive. The swipe card is also your room door entry card.
Tip. If you want anything over and above your all inclusive deal i.e say a Jack Daniels you will sign a receipt to be charged to your room so no sign no additional cost. You can even ask for a bottle of house wine with your meal at no cost, remember no sign no cost. The restaurant offers exceptional views on the 7th floor and one morning we seen the dolphins during breakfast. Comfortable lounge area on the 8th by reception. Food varies and caters for all, we enjoyed the lamb and steaks and all very hot. Loads of room with no waiting for tables, as soon as you sit down the waitress asks what you would like to drink during lunch and evening meals, I opted for the bottle of red wine at no charge. When we arrived we were told the hotel was fully booked and even though we paid for a superior with sea views we were given a room on the fourth floor with no sea view, we were told we will be moving the next day to a top room which they did and given a free safe for the week saving 20 Euro's.
Pool nice but busy and if you want a sun lounger on the beach is 9 euro's for 2 people.
Just be careful of the rocks in the sea i cut my feet on sharp rocks so if i was with kids i would get them wear sandals.
We only went to the entertainment twice, it's really only geared up for kids and not english.
After reading mixed reviews i would honestly say it's very good value especially when booked through jet2

Room Tip: upper rooms give exceptional view
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank goshawk100
Dear Guest,
It is our pleasure to receive your comments, surely words like yours help us to continue working hard so that our guests' experiences at our hotels are enjoyable ones. We hope to see you again in our hotel or any other of our chain. Yours sincerely.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Just back from a great 4 night B+B break. 3 adults in 2 rooms. Just a 10E 10 min taxi from the Marina this hotel had a quiet location away from the main town. Torremeule train is just up the hill which is an easy option for frequent and quick access to Fuengirola and Malaga (including airport). Breakfast choice excellent and overall service great. Would be ideal for young families with great pool area and beaches

Room Tip: All rooms face beach . Reception is on 8th floor with restaurant on 7th
Dear Guests,
It is a pleasure for us to know that your stay in our hotel as pleasant as you indicate. Your comment makes us feel proud of the work done on a daily basis, with the only aim of satisfying the needs of our guests.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Only booked this two days before going and were a little skeptical after reading the reviews, and just before I start, the latest review on this hotel is about someone just going for a meal there, why you would go to this hotel just for a meal is beyond me so not sure if they have got the right place. I wish there was an option to vote 3 and a half because cant make my mind up between three and four stars!!

To begin with I will start with the good points;

1, The views are absolutely amazing, overlooking the beach and the ocean with all the boats and jet skis flying past in the distance from every room and right on the beach!

2, As soon as you sit down for lunch and dinner a waitress is with you within seconds asking what you would like to drink.

3, The all inclusive drinks selection and the bar sevice is good, good lagers including bottles, branded spirits not cheap rubbish!

4, Rooms cleaned immaculately and fresh towels every morning.

5, Go to the Marina, ten euros in a taxi, day or night it is a great place to go, excellent restaurants - if you enjoy steak go to 'Angus', one of the best steaks we have ever eaten.

6. The outside seating area in the restaurant is brilliant along with the outside bar area next to reception!

7. The all inclusive is how it should be, you can go up and get the drinks you need not one at a time.

8. Good lifeguards keeping an eye on the pool and slides, one child got into a bit of trouble on his stay and by the time the father was running over the lifeguard had already recovered him - on the ball to say the least and well needed for a busy pool!

OK points:

1. Air conditioning and a lovely cold fridge in the room is free which is well needed.

2. The food is OK! Well....sometimes its rather good sometimes bread and butter is the best option, but you wont starve!

3.Pool is slightly overcrowded, the pool area doesn't open till 10, so you don't need to be up at 7am to lay towels down, however - if your not there much long after don't expect a sun bed.

Bad points

1. Restaurant area - If you arrive early its great, the restaurant is empty, if you arrive late its like a school dinner hall where you have to queue/fight to get to the dishes! If you arrive early morning and the sun is beaming through the windows the only thing spoiling the view is the hundreds of kids finger prints all over the windows - please management - get them cleaned!!

2. Entertainment - if your not spanish then don't bother, the kids may get by but the only thing that will get the grown ups through is a stiff vodka OR TEN!

3. I hope you like walking up stairs - the lifts are busy and not very big so the quicker option is to take the stairs so theres a hell of alot of steps to walk and when you do get to take the lift your card seems to deactivate or if its by your phone and then if reception is busy you wait fifteen minutes to get a new one!

To conclude - a good hotel but could be so so much better. It has the location, the views and the facilities, just needs that little bit more UMFFF!
The thing that would make it so much better to the British tourists - Some English entertainment - I understand its in Spain and a Spanish hotel but a vast amount of the guests there spending there hard earned cash are British. Overall a good week!

Room Tip: The higher the better! Reception is on the 8th floor!
6 Thank Mike B
Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for your comments, as it is through them the best way we can improve the quality of our service, understanding the perception of our product and most important the quality and friendly service we provide.

We thank you for your comments to which we will bear your impressions in mind, we will work in improving the marked points in order that in a next visit your perception of the products received is totally satisfactory.

Yours sincerely,

Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

All inclusive 1 week stay, last week in July. Although when approaching on the first day, the hotel looked as though a good painting would,nt go a miss. Don't let this stop you booking. Very clean hotel, great friendly staff. Good selection and variety of food. A very Spanish family hotel, but very good. The laid back style with the Spanish is shown in this hotel. Late dinner, late entertainment. The shows at night are not fantastic but enough. With the family swimming pool being a good 200m away, the selection of food at lunch could be better. Overall a very good hotel and would recommend.

Room Tip: Use the all inclusive
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family