Playabonita Hotel
Hotel La Fonda(Benalmadena)
US$169
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Casa Rosa(Benalmadena)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$164
US$157
US$130
Hotels.com
US$98
  • Bar/Lounge
MS Alay Apartments(Benalmadena)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$114
US$105
  • Restaurant
1,303 results
All reviewsplaya bonitasea viewsound of the wavesbeach barprivate beachbus stop outside the hotelquiet locationmain townevery half hourfamily holidaybranded spiritstwo double bedsindoor poolcleaned dailytapasgreat holidaymeal times
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a 5 night stay here with my son aged 5 have to say we both didn't have a very good time. It definitely was not worth the money I spend on it. It says this is a 4* hotel but I'd personally rate it as a 2/3 the decor is run down needs sprucing up the food is very basic an not much variety for people with children who are fussy eaters. Ended up having to go to macds an eat out most days. The all inclusive does not include ice lollys which is the only hotel I've been to that charges for this. The staff were friendly but the english was very basic. The entertainment was all in Spanish which really upset my child as he couldn't join in. This hotel definitely do not cater to the english at all. I found a few people quite rude. The pool area was nice but a battle to find one unless ur there early. I was asked by a Spanish person to move so they could sit which I thought was rude as I was there first. Also a couple I made friends with had their bag stolen at the pool an none of the staff seemed bothered at all. Overall my stay here was not enjoyable at all an will never return to this hotel in the future. Unless u can fluently speak Spanish do not go here.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Leanne J
P-Stor, Gerente at Playabonita Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Dear Guests,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all what it could have been.
We regret not covering your expectations and we will be delighted if you offer us the opportunity to return to have you back in any of our establishments.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

my wife and my son aged 7 booked this for 2 weeks in july 11th to the 25th. however after 3 days we asked the lovely jet2 rep for a move.nobody spoke english entertainment was all in spanish.nobody tryed to get us involved in any activities around the pool.we were sold this as a family favourite its not that at all also never a four star in its life lucky if its a 3 star.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank steviek24

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Travelled with my wife, daughter, son in law & 2 almost 5yrs old grandchildren. First appearances from the roadside were encouraging, smart & tidy. Reception was pretty much typically Spanish. Upon being allocated our rooms we were a little disappointed with the standard. Originally my wife & I were going to have a grandchild stay in our room with the other one being with their mam & dad. Two double beds were just crammed into a room clearly designed as a twin/double, so space was a premium. As it happens our daughter didn't want to split the kids up so she took them both.
The beach area was excellent & the pool area good. However the appearance of the hotel beachside was quite shabby, paint peeling & dirty looking.
Whilst there one of the lifts broke down making journey's to & from the room frustrating.
The Dining Room was quite nice, some tables having sea views, but the whole set up was chaotic. Foodstuffs that go together were miles apart, there was a decent selection, pork being a particular favourite of the chef as it was present everyday.
The vast majority of the guests were Spanish & this was reflected with the entertainment ( if you can call it that ) The staff however were quite friendly & helpful although not all could speak English to a good standard, but I musn't complain as my Spanish is rubbish as well.
There is a bus stop to get into Benalmadena centre just outside the hotel & the train station is just a 10 minute stroll away, both offer excellent value for money.
We travelled with Jet2 & I feel the brochure write up doesn't reflect the actual hotel but they never seem to, do they ?
Would I go to this hotel again ? NO.

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea view, which is the hotels saving grace. The higher the floor the better as outdoor entertainment at night is quite loud.
5  Thank PATNSAN

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was our 1st time at this hotel it was very friendly clean & the staff were very helpful , , we did not use the kids club as English was not really spoken :( hotel is right on the sea front outdoor pool was also excellent , the food was of a very high standard but as in most all inclusive holidays it became repetitive after 7 days but there was always plenty & well stocked staff kept the tables cleaned of dirty plates ect very quickly , Bus stop right outside the hotel & train station a 10 min walk........ only down sides the TV in the room was useless so at nite wen back in the room we could not use it cudnt even get BBC news on ( although we watched the world cup matches :) ) & i would have liked a kettle in my room to make my own tea & coffee, we would recommend this hotel for famlies & couples just wish English was a bit more catered for

5  Thank Karon S

Dear Guests,
I would like to thank you for your comments, as it is through them the best way we can improve the quality of our service, understanding the perception of our product and most important the quality and friendly service we provide.

We once again thank you and are looking forward welcoming you to any of our establishments

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed at the end of July with husband and grandson aged 7. Usually holiday 4* in Greece but thought we would return to Spain this year, what a disappointment!
The hotel, although clean inside, and the rooms were very clean, was very run down,shabby and basically dirty outside. No outside space really at all-some torn and delapitated crazy golf,,and an outside cattleshed with basic tables and chairs for evening entertainment ( if thats what you can call it - very poor and in Spanish - no attempt made for English speaking guests at all) .
The outdoor pool area - set aside from the hotel opened at between 09.00am and 09.30am despite saying on the gate 10.00 - the battle on a morning was not for sunbeds, but umbrella,s, which all disappeared incredibally quickly. The pool area was very small and very dirty, it was never washed down all week as the same stains remained - one morning sick of cigarette butts around the sunbeds, i took the brush myself and started sweeping up as i couldn,t stand it any longer, much to the surprise of the male cleaner who brought the brushpan over to collect the pile i had swept!
I booked this hotel for my grandson who usually enjoys the kids club on holiday - waste of time - no one spoke English - no one took the time to try and include him in miniclub, or in any activities - basically if you,re not Spanish forget it!
The dining room was nice and the food was ok, no better or worse than we usually get on holiday.
The friendliness of the staff didn,t bother me,they were neither friendly or unfriendly, the receptionist was basically disinterested, just doing her job then moving on to the next client, English was poor but not a problem.
The beach was on the doorstep and the views from the room really nice, but it got very busy with Spanish families and half their house contents that used to descend, especially at the weekend.
All in all, i would never return to this hotel, in my opinion a very basic 3* hotel!.

Room Tip: All rooms have sea view.
2  Thank yorkshire060