“apprehensive but enjoyed”
Review of Hotel Best Siroco

Hotel Best Siroco
Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Reviewed 17 June 2011

stayed for 12 days was apprehensive because of mixed reviews.
We found it hard to fault to be perfectly honest. Found staff to be very friendly,can't understand why other guests would say otherwise, chefs smiled bar staff were attentive, restaurant manager very friendly did not have any problems with staff.
had a superior room that faced pool which was a nice view could also see the sea.
would not have liked a room facing road, prob a bit depressing. some rooms did have a very small balcony but the superior rooms were adequate.
The food was great, lots of choice, meats pastas rice potatoes, fish,salads etc, kids loved the burgers and hot dogs but there were other choices that they would eat also.
brakfast was not cold, good choice,even cava which made for a holiday treat on the odd morning or two.
gardens in hotel were beautiful lots of fish, turtles,frogs great for kids.no problems with mosi in rooms
good location, central to beach, bars restaurants, bus stops, short walk to the beautiful Paloma Park .
pools were clean enough sunbeds if you waited around for a bit although there was the usual towel business but that is everywhere.
entertainment was ok really lovely friendly animation lady, but the bar area was a little lacking in atmosphere, same lighting day/ evening not particularly plush fairly basic but clean
hotel was very good value for money and I would go back. we had a lovely relaxing holiday

Room Tip: ask for pool facing
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank mum1london
There are newer reviews for Hotel Best Siroco

Reviewed 15 June 2011

Stayed here for 3 days with a group of girls, all of the rooms were clean and basic for a 3 day stay, the hotel provided plug in's for the mosquitoes, air con in the rooms was great. Location is just a short walk away from the beach and the marina which is lovely and ofcourse 24 hour square where you can drink and dance all night. The hotel staff need to smile more, and the service in the bar area is shocking we had to queue for ages to buy a drink or a toastie. When they see you approach the bar they disappear and huff on their return. Its far too much effort for them and not once did they smile and we felt as if we had just asked for the world. They do not like the English and made that obvious! We went half board and wish we never, the breakfast was ok and a variety of choice with freshly made pancakes but the food was cold and Dinner time very little choice and again the food was cold, so we opted to eat Dinner out at the Marina which was beautiful. Would definately stay here again as a base as rooms ar5e clean comfortable and great location but nothing more. Dawn Birmingham

Room Tip: Great Location, clean & comfortable rooms
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank DawnLocke0121
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We upgraded to a superior room this time and it was worth the extra £100 - we previously found the standard room a bit of a squash for a family of 4 and a bit tired looking, but this room was spacious, well presented, equipped with a fridge and the balcony had pool and sea views.
We also thought the food had improved since our last visit - very good selection of salads, meat, fish, veg etc, but also 2 different pasta dishes and a rice dish on offer every night, as well as burgers and hot dogs on the grill every night (kept my fussy 6yr old happy!) and lots of seafood, beef, ham etc on gala night.
The pool area is nice with a paddling pool for the kids and the 2 main pools were also suitable for the children (6yrs & 4yrs).
Didn't see much entertainment - although the kids did enjoy the mini disco and parrot show one night - but the hotel is only a short walk away from the harbour area, or paloma park in the other direction, so it's easy to go out and about to find things to do after dinner. The hotel is also only a short stroll from the beach so it really is in a great location.
I agree that the staff aren't the friendliest in the world, but they were still helpful - our son was feeling unwell on the day we were flying home so we checked out the room at 1pm instead of 10am at no extra charge and it was no problem at all.
My only criticism would be that you have to involve yourself in the 'towels on sun loungers' game at this hotel in order to get a spot near the pool - which is obviously a must when you're trying to keep an eye on young children! Towels would start appearing by 7am meaning you're forced to do the same. But other than that, this hotel is a great value find and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Getty95
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My wife and i stayed here from 9 to 16 may we found this to be a good hotel the food was excellent as we were on a half board deal the hotel location is also good for easy access to the marina with just a short incline

2  Thank billy54scot
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We arrived at the hotel early and not only did we get our room but it was also upgraded for free.

Staff were hard to talk to, sometimes rude but I guess that happens. Facilities were good, nice pool and great location to beach and bus stops etc.

Only faults I had were the rude guests and the shower not having much water pressure. Neither of which would put me off going back again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Belfast23
Reviewed 3 June 2011

just come back from holiday at siroco after reading other peoples views on this hotel if you want 5 star pay for it the hotel was clean staff helpful our air con was not working reported repaired within 15 mins food lots of choice and it seems to have agreed with those who ate 6 plate fulls !! the area is near sea and marina but not suitable for people who cant cope with steep streets mid day went to restuarant ole on sea front for snack 3 euro sbought bagette small fries salad + choice of wine coffee tea lager or juice
coffee +brandy 1.75 euros los brothers on marina 80cents coffee

3  Thank annatommk
Reviewed 1 June 2011

After searching for a last minute getaway, without our children, my husband and I came across this hotel. The area was recommended by friends, so we thought we'd give it a go. When reading reviews about holidays I always look further into the ones that have more positive comments than negative. And I'm so glad I did! I have been all over Spain and Majorca and I think the food and cleanliness of the hotel were one of the best I've come across. The rooms were clean, maid service daily, staff friendly, excellent pool area. It is only a few minute walk to the beach, but there are quite a few steps, so the less mobile may struggle a little. I am a very fussy eater and even fussier about restaurant cleanliness, but I couldn't find fault with any of this. There was so much to choose from, which was maintained excellently by the kitchen staff and it was all very hot and fresh, even the french sticks were straight from the oven! The entertainment was lacking, but there is a lovely promenade to walk along at night, with lots of bars, so we didn't miss it at all. I don't normally go back to a hotel I've previously stayed at, but I sure will go back here. We had a lovely time - and I can't think why this is not a four star (I've stayed in some four stars that should have been two!) Not sure where the negative review people stayed, because I can't see how they could fault it, so it can't be the same hotel!!

5  Thank ClaireRoberts2016