“Good hotel”
Review of Hotel Best Siroco

Hotel Best Siroco
Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Reviewed 21 September 2011

This is my second stay here. The hotel is abit away from the beach, but not far and it is more centralised as you can chill out in bonanza square which is fab for drinking or chilling or you can go shopping in aroura. The hotel is very nice, more for the German clients but don't let that put you of. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are of a good size, balcony's not very big but have great views of the pool. The pool is of a good size and the gardens are very pretty.

Entertainment is ok. The restaurant gets quiet busy, so go after an hour as it's a bit quieter, the food is ok also, I would stay here again as would my family and friends.

Room Tip: Visit Whans just up the road as his tapas is to die for and it's cheap.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zen3
There are newer reviews for Hotel Best Siroco

Reviewed 19 September 2011

we have just got back from the siroco and were to start firstly when we arrived our room wasnt ready even though it was 12-30 lunch time we had to wait till 2-30 and watch all the spaniards arrive and get there rooms straight away. we had requested a low floor and were given a room on the 5th floor there are only 5 floors so that was a good start, the room had a view if you can call it that of the garden which was awful because that is were all the mosquitos live in a bloody awful stagnant pond. the food is awful and we have never come across more ignorant bloody staff, every night you could hear them shouting and arguing in the restaurant and banging about. the food was crap unless you like hotdogs hamburgers and kebabs, it was really bad.must say we got sunbeds ok but that is because they have just had a load delivered WHAT A DISGRACE it is like going back 30 year. no fridge and no hairdryer

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This hotel is great, okay it could do with a little updating, but the bad reviews that some of the people give this hotel, are unreal. My husband and I went here beginning of Sept, our first holiday without the kids for 20 years. We thoroughly enjoyed it, and would definatley go back to this area and hotel. The food was not bad either, the pancakes at breakfast were great. The staff were friendly, and the room was cleaned everyday. I would not be afraid to recommend this hotel to friends and family. Great Time was had it was like a second honeymoon.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank dledge
Reviewed 30 August 2011

its was our 2nd trip to the siroco 1st one being 3years ago hotel was good but does need updating abit food was fine always found something to eat kids meals could be a bit better some of the staff are lovely some are not there is a very big problem with people keeping sunbeds and not useing them to late afternoon pub are great went to banaza bar that is in the sq people reserve there seat when leaving the bar for the next night and agian come in late and gets all the good seats best place to go is the pub over the road from hotel called the jolly pirate very friendly staff good food and drinks are cheap

Room Tip: last time we were there we had a lower floor room and its was abit noises but this time had a room...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank doneathy
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Having read some poor reviews we had low expectations but were very happily surprised by the hotel. The breakfast and evening buffet were excellent and it was great having a chef on hand to cook fresh fish, burgers, omlettes etc at every sitting. The dining room and staff were good as well. We stayed in room 304 (4 beds) and it was fine. The A/C worked well and the room was cleaned every day. The pools were good and lots of palm trees made it feel very exotic and the staff even brought round skewers of fresh fruit to the people there on a couple of occasions! The walk down to the beach was really easy and quick with a fab beach and sea. Benalmadena was lovely. We were very happy not to be surrounded by lots of other brits, most people at the hotel and local area were Spanish, hurray! Would happily recommend the hotel and area to friends.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Marc S
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Having read previous reviews I was apprehensive about our stay and rightly so. We had requested that one of our rooms was suitable for a wheelchair user. When we arrived we were greeted by a smiling, welcoming gentleman and the hotel looked great. I began to relax and assumed that the complaints had been over exaggerated, that was until they showed us to our room. Room 184. Ground floor, a box with bars on the windows looking out on a grey wall approximately 12 feet away. The walk-in shower for my disabled sister was just that. A tiled box with a shower head. No seat, no grab rail, nothing but an accident waiting to happen.
I showered as an experiment and slipped. Nothing for it but to ask to be moved. The original smiling gentleman was not smiling when I explained (not complained) that the room was unsuitable. He explained that the disability legislation was different in Spain (thought they were in the EU). We agreed to wait until the next day as he promised us a more suitable room. We didn't unpack and went out to explore. Came back and went for dinner. Ugh! I am well used to hotel buffets but this was appalling. Great if you like mussels, veal, a poor impersonation of paella or cold ham and cheese. This did not bother us as we had agreed that we would eat out if necessary and there are some great eating houses in Benalmadena. We were more concerned about finding a suitable room.
Next morning I was informed by a very arrogant female receptionist that the move was impossible. I informed her that I would not be moving from reception until it was sorted as we would not have stayed overnight had we not been promised a move. Eventually the gentleman from the previous day arrived and took control. Told us to come back after 2pm and we could have another room. Still no suitcases umpacked we went out to explore for a few hours. Came back and were given the keys to another room - 4ft bed to share with my disabled sister who also has brittle bone disease.
On my next visit to reception I was informed that there were no other rooms in the hotel, however, on production of my debit card I was informed that for another 15 Euros a night we could have a Suprior Room.
The room was great, spacious with a balcony not barred windows, however, two days of our holiday were spoiled. The food was mediocre, the staff surly or were worked too hard and felt resentful. The standard of cleaning in the bedrooms was poor and I used my beachtowel instead of the hard, grey things they put in the bathroom.
I agree with others who complained about the reservations of sun loungers, the hotel is geared to people from the Spanish Cities on short breaks. The staff are overworked and consequently resentful when you complain. Best Hotels should take notice.
On the bright side, we booked with Express Bookers and are in the process of having a refund of our additional costs. This was investigated by the Spanish Reservation Company and we have also had an apology from the Siroco management. Mobility Abroad provided a scooter and their service is A* Benalmadena is great not the Siroca.

Room Tip: Spray the room with insectiside, take your own plug in and spray yourself . Take your own towels.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Elgra4
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Staying at the hotel siroco i would say its an experience i would much rather forget. The holiday was booked for myself, a friend and my sister when we got to the hotel we were constantly being bit by mosquitos, the hotel provided us with plugs for our room however they didnt seem to help. We had a poor cut while there and the room cleaner was rude and would not mop the floors properly. The hotel staff were rude all except the loveli gentlemen who would start his shift at midnight who was very kind and helpful. The night before we would fly back home we were told we had to check out by 11am
And our flight was departuring at 9pm we were told that their was no way we could pay extra and had to wait in the lounge area till our coach arrived. The night entertainment was okay sometimes a little cheesy and the food is awful.

• Stayed: July 2011