Hotel Palmasol
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Best Siroco(Benalmadena)
  • Restaurant
1,720 results
All reviewspool areastar hotelplenty of choicetwo double bedsbeautiful marinafantastic locationentertainment staffmeal timesevening entertainmentcleaned dailyplenty of sunbedsshort breakroom numberbit datedlots of shopsa lovely holidaychoice of food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed in mid-march after returning from a day trip to Gibraltar before heading to Malaga airport the next morning. Close to bus station and marina. Average sized room for the area. Booked same day that I stayed and got a decent rate. Everything cost extra except for breakfast - safe, wifi, etc. Receptionist was friendly and helpful. Paid extra for wifi, but it didn't work or it was so slow that it was useless.

I had breakfast at four different hotels in different cities during this trip. In comparison, breakfast at the Palmasol was terrible. Plates, glasses, and silverware were filthy. I had to look through stacks of plates/silverware to find ones that didn't have small pieces food caked on them. "orange juice" was actually tang or koolaide. Yogurt was watery and terrible. Large selection, but low quality food.

Hotel caters to senior citizens although there were a few people under the age of 65. Not sure if this is par for the course at this time of year in Benalmadena. In general, Benalmadena was dead at night.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank standerd
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Went for a friends 40th. Crap overnight flight, got to hotel after no sleep at 10am, not a fab welcome, rudest reception staff I've ever encountered! Room wasn't ready which we expected but it was an drama just asking to store luggage.

Hotel cleaners very polite and try very hard. Pool area however, dirty and unloved, we never got a sunbed in the 5 days we were there. Usual scenario, towels down for hours, no one using them. Pool was freezing anyway.

Food hall was like a free for all! Staff tried hard. Some miserable as sin, others polite. Food was ok.

We went to beach most days, short walk, very nice.

Late out a few nights, big scary security man locks the door so you have to knock. Stood there fuming as he opened the door to us... I'm 44, eldest in group 50 yet we felt like naughty school children. This happened every night. Awful, and completely unnecessary.

Overall ... Ok for short break if you don't want to use pool. Rude staff. Ok food. Ridiculously strict security guard. Typical 3* with plenty of room for improvement and much needed customer service skills. Wouldn't return.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
16  Thank Dee W
Reviewed 26 October 2013

First of all I don't understand why my review was not put forward on this web page before but hopefully this website will add this in because I feel people who have worked all year round for a holiday needs to read comments like mine. I stayed at this hotel from sep29_oct6 and all I can say is what a awful hotel this is.. The rooms are small very small. The bathroom you could not even swing a cat in there. The reception staff are not helpful what so ever. They could hardly speak English. They were rude and will not help you with your needs.when me and my friend went up for a drink at 22.55 a barman jump from the back and shouted No no no you have to pay now no more free drinks. What a disgrace for an employee to do this to the customers. When I spoke to the lady manager about this she kept saying I don't understand. She was to busy having her 60 fags a day and ordering her own coffee. She is a joke. My room was hardly cleaned by the cleaners no clean towels as well. I understand this is a 3 star I get that but this is no way a 3 star I would only give it a 1. The only thing I can say on a positive is the entertainer was great. Can't remember his name but he put a smile on our faces and he took away the pain of this awful hotel. So please don't ignore reviews like this. Stay away stay away

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
20  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We do not understand why some people are writing such negative reviews about the Palmasol as their experiences are as far away from our own as could possibly be. The staff are great, always helpful without exception. We have however witnessed hotel guests being rude to staff, showing no respect whatsoever. Such people make demands for TV's with all channels, rooms exactly where they feel they must be and one man even moaned loudly that the 'hotel water was giving him a sore throat!' Instead of enjoying a lovely hotel with beautiful gardens and pool, such individuals seem intent on making their break as far from relaxing as possible so that they can moan about it for years to come. Please stay in Britain and moan there!!
To those who enjoy getting away for a retreat to a cosy hotel with character and be looked after by hard working staff, good food that is always hot enough when it should be hot, a high standard of cleanliness and is extremely good value, then please do not be put off.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
25  Thank LeicesterBethany
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel from 6-13 October, with another couple. This is a lovely 3 star hotel. Rooms were on the small side, but adequate for our needs and kept spotlessly clean. We were on lower floor, view from large balcony not the best we've had but ok for what we paid, probably would ask for higher floor overlooking pool if we come back.

Food was great, large selection of the usual buffet fayre, plus extras like fresh pancakes for breakfast, even champagne if you wanted it. Fresh salads were beautiful, and plenty of meat dishes, the warmth of the food was never an issue for me.

Pool area is lovely, we were last week of the season, so plenty of sunbeds to be had at any time of day. All public areas clean and tidy. The staff are friendly, and helpful especially the entertainment team Renato and Erika.

Location is fantastic, five minute walk to the Marina or beach, plenty of restaurants, and bars (recommend Baby Murphys) nearby. There is nothing like a drink overlooking the beautiful marina in the evening.

Would definitely come back to this area of Spain, and would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends