“Sunset Beach Club Benalmadena Costa Del Sol”
Review of Sunset Beach Club

Sunset Beach Club
Ranked #10 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I returned to this resort in late August. Once again I was not disappointed, this is still the best resort I have visited on the Costa Del Sol. Our holiday was at the end of the holiday season. Many are not as well maintained or look as good at the start of the season. An example is the large pool area encompassing 4 pools and extensive sunbathing area's. This is thoroughly cleaned daily by 6 staff { Jet Washed.} and the pools cleaned to the highest standards. There are plenty of activities on site for all ages, supervised by a well motivated entertainment team. I have noticed that they do skimp on staff for any of the facilities they provide. A visit to their Web Site details how extensive those facilities are. The food in the Oasis restaurant is okay but I think it should include a wider choice and include a childrens menu. Their Luna beach restaurant produced better quality and had proper salads. The reason I did not give 5 Stars above, is there are not enough 2 Bed Apartments and I think it should not be a lottery whether you get a sea or moutain view. Perhaps a wider pricing structure should be considered. We had an excellant holiday and will definitly return again.

2  Thank tonycbradley

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Great hotel , spotlessly cleaned every day , fresh towels and extra towels provided everyday . Hotel is suited to all ages it really seemed to cater really well for kids . Plenty of life guards at pool and plenty of sun beds no matter what time you arrived down at . The buffet breakfast was also very nice .All the staff were very accommodating . We would definitely return in the future .

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stef B
SunsetBeachClub, Community Manager at Sunset Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review here in Tripadvisor.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your holiday with us and sincerely hope you’ll come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one week in the middle of August with my husband and two children aged 9 and 7, and a week was just not long enough. Hotel is spotlessly clean especially the pool and surrounding areas every morning it was jet washed and every morning one of the life guards was in the pool scrubbing the tiles and steps. The hotel is in a nice position right by the beach with a few bars and shops but you need to go down to the marina it's stunning and loads of bars and restaurants. There's a fab family run restaurant right opposite the hotel on the beach stunning food, very good portions and reasonable we ate here a couple of times when the children wanted to getc back for the kids mini disco and games which started at 9.00pm which I think is a good time then at 10.30pm the entertainment would start, which wasn't too bad, mostly tribute acts the children's Mary poppings was good. The rooms are quite small but everything you need is there, sofa bed in living room not as awful as they sounded in some of the reviews, we had a lovely view from our balcony overlooking the whole of the beach but I did pay extra when booking if u can afford it I highly recommend it as the internal ones looked awful no view no sun light. The hotel is very big, we had a fantastic time and would go back just wished I was there longer.

Room Tip: Have an external not internal
3  Thank lisav037

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a complimentary review of your holiday at Sunset Beach Club.

It’s a shame you were only able to stay with us for a week on this occasion but, by the looks of things, you managed to get lots done. I only hope that next time you come and stay with us, it’ll be for longer.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We went here during July 2013 and we loved it. It was clean, the staff were helpful and the hotel had everything we needed. The beach was across the road and we had views of it from our balcony. Entertainment was outside and inside everynight, which included tribute bands. Could not fault the place and will definately return.

Room Tip: get a room in 240-248 cause u can see sea and beach on balcony its lovely at night and if you walk a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank kelleyandpaul
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I stayed here last year and went bk the 20th-27th august this year.

PROS
The hotel is lovely and very clean. The new pool with the umbrella was fab. My son is 3 and he loved it. The food in the hotel was ok but the food down the marina was much nicer. Luna bar and Stalios bar are lovely and the play area for the children was handy.

CONS
We were on the 4th floor which was dark. I booked it in December and emailed Justin to request a 6th floor up as we were going back and knew the lower floors were dark but obviously 8 months notice wasn't enough. Wish i had a nice room as my mother was 50 and hadn't been abroad for years so was a special holiday for us.

The mattress on the fold out bed wasn't brilliant.

I bought my 3 year old son a Swansea city kit, (Century one) a one off kit and the shorts went missing from my room he didn't get to wear them. I put them on the bed ready for him to wear one night and then decided to put something else on him. When i packed to come home i realized they had gone. I went to reception and the laundry and they couldn't find them but said because they were white they could have got caught up with the sheets when the cleaner was cleaning. They gave me a form to fill out so they could try and claim something back for me and i haven't heard anything since and i have been home over 2 weeks. I am really not happy with how the hotel dealt with this as i payed £50 for a kit and my son was landed with it and now its gone.

Room Tip: lower floors are dark
1  Thank howells3
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Just returned from 10 night stay here. Mixed Bag really!! If it was a 3*, i would think it was a really good Hotel..but as a 4* it is slightly disappointing! Positives: Staff friendly, efficient & helpful. Rooms and whole hotel kept spotlessly clean. Good location right by beach & local bars/restaurants. Air con very good in rooms. Negatives: Rooms need updating: furniture old and dated.Prices at pool bar, other hotel bars & restaurant way too high! Kids club: my 9 year old walked out halfway through a session and no staff noticed, it was lucky i had just come out the lift and spotted him!! So NOT a secure kids club at all! DO NOT leave your children there unattended...even after i had signed a form an hour earlier saying he was not allowed to leave until i collected him!
The hotel supermarket is very good: fresh bread, milk etc..lovely bakery!

Room Tip: The club is on the 5th floor (kids disco and entertainment) so if you want quiet evenings do not get...
1  Thank AMPUk
SunsetBeachClub, Community Manager at Sunset Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor and for your constructive feedback.
I have made a note of your comments about the rooms needing updating and will pass them on to our Facilities Manager. That being said, we are constantly refurbishing rooms and common areas (as part of a general refurbishment plan) and it is quite possible that the apartment you were allocated is one of the ones which is due to be refurbished.

Your comments about the prices in our restaurants and bars have also been noted. We review our pricing at the start of every season and always try to ensure that they are at a level one would expect from a 4 star establishment.

Thank you once again for your comments and I hope to welcome you back to Sunset Beach Club again soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

fantastic place good restaurant staff had a really good time the area was a little out of the way from the main entertainment areas but was only a few euros in a taxi plenty of restaurants and bars close to the sea

Room Tip: the higher up you are the better
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business