“excelent apartments”

Ranked #9 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“excelent apartments”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Just had a wonderful 7 days at the resort, the apartment , hotel, and pool area etc was spotless
we had a room on the third floor overlooking the pool with a sea view.
Entertainment in the moonlight bar was very entertaining at night ,this is the fifth time we have stayed here and will certainly stay there again.
Getting about through out the day was easy as the hotel was near bus stops,

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side overlook the sea,.the higher floors give you a better sea view.
1 Thank carmevel
SunsetBeachClub, Community Manager at Sunset Beach Club, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for choosing Sunset Beach Club for your recent holiday and for your very kind comments about our hotel’s facilities.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and can’t thank you enough for your continued loyalty. I look forward to welcoming you back for your 6th visit!

Community Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,023)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
galway
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed here for 8 nights recently.had stayed before a number of years ago remember the "ash cloud"!!.we stayed on the 6th floor in an exterior view.its worth the extra to book the exterior apartment.the apartment was immaculate,we could not fault anything in relation to the cleanliness of room,pool area,bar area etc.there is wifi in certain areas & in one respect I think this works well.the library is also great with a wide variety of books that other travellers have passed on.

• Stayed April 2014
West Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Had a wonderful 3 weeks at Sunset Beach Club! The small pool side apartment was great, the staff was wonderful - especially the cleaning staff! The restaurants in the hotel were excellent and the evening entertainment at the Oasis was very enjoyable! This is definitely a hotel I would stay at again and recommend to friends! Loved the Happy Hour - it is an added bonus to meet friends!

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor by the pool with a view of the ocean - it was lovely!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank AdonaDunn
SunsetBeachClub, Community Manager at Sunset Beach Club, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you so much for travelling all the way from Canada to stay with us and for your very complimentary comments about our hotel.

I’m delighted you enjoyed the food and entertainment in our Oasis Restaurant and will be sure to pass your comments on to the restaurant team.

I hope you’ll come back and visit us again next year… perhaps with friends?

Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We booked to stay in Benalmadena and I had seen this hotel before in passing. Its location next to the beach and near to the shops/restuarants etc was the main reason for staying.
Upon arrival at midnight we checked in easily and quickly and were given a sea view room on the 1st floor, this was a little disappointing as it has a view of the pool but vey little of the sea, I will ask for a high floor next time.
The hotel wasnt too busy for school holiday time and was kept clean and tidy throughout our 3 night stay. We didnt try the food but many people did and it seemed good. It impressed us so much that we have already booked for October for a family holiday with the children.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view, high floor
2 Thank Adrian C
N Ireland
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just returned from Sunset Beach where we had a group of sixteen staying for 4 nights. The location of the hotel is excellent, far enough away from mainstream Benalmadena to be peaceful yet close enough to the local restaurants.
One couple in our group had to change rooms after discovering they were sharing with several cockroaches!!
The quality of cooked breakfast was very poor. It was very well presented and at first glance looked impressive but was always cold. Breakfast times were 8.30-10.30 so it was difficult to understand how the food was cold before 9.00am.
The food served at the pool side was good. Staff at the hotel were in the main friendly and helpful. Susanna at the golf desk was especially efficient and helpful.
It is rather off putting when you forward a rooming list in advance to have 5 couples allocated twin beds.
I probably wouldn't stay there again for the reasons outline above however hotel represents reasonable value for money.
I would highly recommend both Friends Bar and La Cala restaurant both of which are located nearby for the quality of their food.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a sea view room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

I was sorry to read of the problems you and your friends experienced with the rooms and the breakfast and just hope these issues did not inconvenience you too much.

Our breakfast buffet is available at 6€ per person and we’d like to think that this offers great value considering the range of “Full English” on offer. That said, it needs to be served hot as you quite rightly point out. We are taking immediate steps to make sure this does not happen again.

Regarding the beds in the rooms, the hotel operates both twin and double bed units; however, allocation depends on availability on the day of arrival. Our reception team always try and help guests with their requests but, unfortunately, sometimes it’s impossible.

I understand that the problems you experienced during your stay proved disappointing; however, I hope you will give us the chance to redeem ourselves by staying with us again in the future.

Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Cant fault staff or the resort in general.All staff fantastic friendly helpfull.
The problems only 2

Bedrooms.in my mind they are studio rooms with a box added in with 2 single beds and a sliding door . yep if your a couple you have no choice single beds unless you want the hassle to use the uncomfortable sofa bed

The so called promenade bar nice and serene during the day.At night the promenade bar becomes a mini sports bar where people shout and swear at the television when football on and dare you move in front of a screen or stand up and block the view of people well the abuse you get .Glad I wont be there in 50 days time when world cup is on
As for the happy hour why oh why do they need one it only entices unruly behaviour and the people who have to control the situation is the security guard
Would these people like it if people were swearing in front of their children as they were doing alot of families left the bar and went else where

Sorry to say we wont be returning as the clientel are off putting at certain times

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Rick H
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Tripadvisor.

I’m sorry that the apartment you stayed in did not live up to expectations. Whilst I understand that the layout of our standard one bedroom apartments don’t appeal to everyone, there are those who like the ease and simplicity of having the separate room with sliding doors. That being said, this year we have actually gone ahead and converted 30 standard rooms into Deluxe Junior Suites which have an open plan layout and also have a double bed.

Regarding your experience at the Panorama Bar, I fully understand your frustration. Whilst we do all we can to deter unruly behaviour, especially when there are children around, this is often difficult to police. Showing the TV on the large screens is one of the attractions of the Panorama Bar and a service which many guests enjoy; however, I assure you we do not encourage anti-social behaviour and our security team have strict instructions to put a stop to any such behaviour.

I’m sorry you left with a negative impression of our hotel; however, I would urge you to give Sunset Beach Club another chance in the future. The comments and reviews here on Tripadvisor are proof that the majority of our guests enjoy their experience and I am sure that, if you were to return, you would too.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

Lisburn
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We booked this holiday as a week away not expecting much. The weather was good for the time of year. We found all the staff very helpful and the cleaner looking after our apartment was fantastic. though out the week no matter where you where. I saw staff cleaning everything in site. We had a fault with our holder. I reported it to the reception by the time I returned to my apartment in less than two hours it had been repaired.

I like the rule no booking Sun beds until 10 am so there was no panic trying to get a bed as we were leaving the hotel was getting busier and the staff kept bringing out more sunbeds and keeping the place tidy. Over all I would return to the hotel. I think I would see the availability of the larger suites.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the suites as this will give you more room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Neil R
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor and for your very kind comments about our hotel and our great housekeeping team. I’ll make sure they get a copy of your review as they take great pride in their work and will be delighted to read that their efforts are appreciated by our guests.

If you do return, I would certainly recommend you consider our new Junior Suites as they are getting rave reviews from guests who stayed in them.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.