“A great place for families.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sunset Beach Club

Sunset Beach Club
Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Belfast
“A great place for families.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We travelled as a family of 3 adults and 1 child and wanted somewhere with space so we wouldnt be on top of each other - and this was just the place.
We were given a 2 bed 2 bath apartment with 2 balconies and an amazing rooftop terrace !
It was spotlessly cleam and towels changed every day.
The staff were just brilliant, nothing was too much trouble. They even left me a bottle of champagne for my birthday.
The on site supermarket was well stocked and not overpriced as many are.
Breakfast was the usual hotel selection but not WOW.
We dined in the hotel restaurant a couple of nights and werent disappointed. They could be a bit quicker asking if we wanted more drinks etc (if only for their own extra business) but then it was nice not to be hastled.
The on site entertainment was above average (if a little cheesy on occasion) - but hey, we were on holiday -it was fun.
The only down side was it was a little far from the bars/restaurants at the marina, but 3 euros in a cab sorted that and its worth it for the selection of great bars etc.

Room Tip: I emailed in advance to ensure we had a sea view which was fabulous.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (978)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Sunset beach Club is one of the bigger hotels in Benalmadena. We have just come back from a week there; and thought we would post our opinions

Generally, a very nice location, but with a couple of negative points. So here goes;-

Positive points;- very clean (spotless !) in public areas and guest rooms, excellent staff who are extremely helpful (front desk, waiters, bar staff cleaners, all of them), lot of entertainment every night with daytime activities as well, a very well-stocked supermarket on-site, a variety of bars and restaurants

Negative points:- the standard 1 bed apartments are a bit on the small side and the "bedroom" is effectively a large "cupboard inside the main room so it is a wee bit like a large studio rather than a proper 1 bed apartment, the location of the Sunset Beach is actually on an area of "reclaimed" land so there is no proper beach in front of the place, the premises next door is a large derelict hotel.

One additional Very Negative feature that requires a WARNING - try not to get involved with anyone from Diversified Hotels who will try to sell you RCI Points and if you already have any RCI points, they will try and con you out of the investment you have already made and try to sell you RCI points through their own "Platinum" scheme. Do Not Touch This With a Barge Pole !!

Apart from that last point, it is a good place for a break and I am happy to recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms either face the beach at the front or have a view of the mountains and main road from the bac...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlanBA2
SunsetBeachClub, Community Manager at Sunset Beach Club, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for taking the team to write a review of your holiday and for your very kind comments about our hotel and facilities.

Regarding the size of the apartments, I fully understand that our 1 bedroom apartments might be a little small for some guests, that is why we recently converted 30 of these apartments into Junior Suites which, although they have the same surface area, are completely open plan and have a completely different distribution.

I was sorry to read of your problems with the team from Diversified. Whilst this is a completely separate company, they have been operating in the hotel for more than 15 years and have a very good reputation within the industry. That being said, I will certainly make sure that they receive a copy of this review to ensure that all their team are working within the established guidelines.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and I hope we’ll be able to welcome you back to Sunset Beach Club again in the the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Just back from a two week stay at the Sunset Beach, this is our 3rd time at the hotel and all I can say is that it just keeps getting better! All of the amenities are there in one place or a short walk away. My most favourite entertainment was the Jersey Boys and the Flamenco dancing which is free. The addition of a good supermarket opposite the hotel is a good plus as we were self catering with two little ones. The place is spotless as always and extremely well cared for. We went to the La Cala restaurant which is a short stroll to the right of the back gate of the Sunset Beach where we had paella whilst listening to the sound of the ocean, perfect! Happy hour was also nice for a couple of drinks before heading out for dinner, what can I say the list keeps going on....

Will be back next May to celebrate my 40th, counting the days down until I'm back!

The Barrys

Room Tip: We had room 146, on the ground floor, was an interior room however its good for small children as it...
Antrim, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I would just like to thank The Sunset Beach Club for making the occasion of my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary stay so memorable. Our extended family had the pleasure of staying in the beautiful hotel, the surroundings, staff, food and the facilities on offer were excellent. A very enjoyable holiday was had by all. Thanks again. P Graham & families.

Room Tip: Pool View a must!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor and for your kind comments about our hotel facilities and staff.

I’m delighted that you all enjoyed your parent’s 50th Wedding anniversary and that you chose Sunset Beach Club for such an important and memorable occasion.

Our most sincere congratulations to your parents on reaching such a significant milestone in their marriage and I hope you will all come back and visit us again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

My daughter and her 2 friends stayed here in august 2013, on arrival my daughter thought this hotel to be gorgeous and in a perfect location, the room was fab, they had one looking out to the sea Front, the entertainment wad excellent,staff were lovely, only down side was, the first morning at the pool my daughter beach bag was stolen, they went to the toilet and the bag was gone when they came back, she rang me to tell me , there was thankfully only €70 and suncream and an expensive purse, one of the other bags had over €1,000, so they were lucky it wasn't that bag, the reason I am writing this is because I emailed the hotel to tell them, within 20 minutes, I got a call back from the manager of the hotel, I am sure his name was Miguel, what a lovely man, he got the doctor to see my daughter because she had a rash and was a little shaken, and kept an eye on them for the rest of the holiday,they loved this hotel, just a pity some bad apples around, but just eant to say a big thank you to Miguel and his staff, I would think of going here next year, but watch your bag.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank celine D
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor and for your kind words about our Operation Director, Miguel.

I’m very sorry your daughter was the unfortunate victim of thieves. Whilst I am happy to report that our security team and cameras serve as a good deterrent, and these incidents are rare within the hotel grounds, there are some instances where these ‘bad apples’ get away with it. I am just pleased that Miguel and his team were able to help and that your daughter could enjoy the rest of her holiday.

Thank you again for your kind comments about Miguel and I will be sure to forward a copy of your review on to him.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

What else can I say but the Sunset beach is brill, everything you need for a family hoilday, cant wait to go back again, rooms were clean and spacious, pools were great, my kids loved it, thank you again for a wonderful holiday. :-)

Lincolnshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Two of my friends and I have just spent 3 nights at the Sunset Beach Club. We had an amazing time. At first we were allocated an interior room, which to be fair we paid for, however being on the beach front we wanted the amazing view so we paid an extra 12euro a night for a sea view room. It was well worth the money. We was on the 3rd floor which we thought was a perfect spot.
it is quite far from the marina but there is a bus stop right outside the hotel. For one euro and 5 mins on the bus it is not a deal breaker at all. You can also walk down the road where there is still a good selection of restaurants. We ate at the Oriental Palace and had a Chinese set menu. It was gorgeous and extremely good value for money. We also had an Indian at Harry's Place, which was amazing and for 10 euro's for 3 courses you can't go wrong. There is a massive selection of restaurants on the marina but they are slightly more expensive compared to the quieter area. For bars / cocktails the Marina is def the way to go.
The rooms are lovely and have everything you need. The kitchenette is well equipped and the walk in wardrobe is big enough for everyones clothes with the added benefit of an iron and ironing board.
As we went at the start of the summer season we had no problems getting a sun lounger and the pool side bar is really nice.
Overall I would happily stay here again, oh the chocolate croissants in the hotel supermarket are worth a try.

Room Tip: Request a sea view room floors 3 and above.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bellaboo175
SunsetBeachClub, Community Manager at Sunset Beach Club, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you so much for choosing Sunset Beach Club for your recent 3 night break and for your very kind comments about our hotel facilities.

I’m most grateful for the restaurant recommendations, we’ll be sure to add those to our list. Oh, and your comments about the chocolate croissants are perfectly understandable, a few of my colleagues have been known to give in to the temptation!

I hope you’ll come back and stay with us again soon; hopefully for a little longer this time.