“Great hotel 😊” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Limerick
“Great hotel 😊”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I traveled with 4 kids, I was nervous as I hadn't stayed here before, but it exceeded my expectations. The pools , kids entertainment, kids discos, evenings shows for parents all fantastic. I have recommend this hotel to family & friends as soon as I got home. Rooms were spotless staff were very nice I didn't like the view of first room but after a day I was moved and was very happy. I will defo be returning next year kids had a fab time.

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Mizzcarol
SunsetBeachClub, Community Manager at Sunset Beach Club, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a complimentary review of your recent holiday at Sunset Beach Club.

I’m so pleased that you and your kids all enjoyed your stay and that the entertainment and shows were enjoyed by all.

I look forward to welcoming you all back again next year.

Community Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (959)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Kildare, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

lovely hotel but a bit pricey. same prices as ireland. lifts were very slow which caused cue's waiting for them. pool area was lovely and the location was great as it was right beside the beach and other facilities. there's a bus outside that goes to malaga for 3 euro. it's the 110 bus or the 120 goes to the airport which is handy as taxi's cost 25 euro to the airport.
the room was for 3 adults which had 2 twin beds and i fold out sofa bed. it was a small room for three people but was nice as it ment we got to go out more to see places. we had a lovely view of the sea from our room so make sure you ask for that view if possible.. the hotels is more for older couples and families but they do have a happy hour between 6 and 7.

Room Tip: go for the sea view room as it's got a balcony you can sit out on and it's lovely to hear th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank blueyBarns1
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Ok...gonna give the good and bad points but the good out way the bad. We got home on Saturday 21st June so good points check in was quick, we asked through our travel agents to have apts next to each other we got that but raging there was a brick wall between us not saying thats the hotels fault we were just raging apts were grand plenty of space, plenty of places for clothes and even room for a buggy we didn't see why we had to had to pay 3 euro a day for a travel cot never had to anywhere else, we were only told this on check in 21 quid for a week but how and ever, hotel food and drink wasn't cheap, nearly as dear as home, we didn't mind that the pool only opened at 10am, actually found it hilarious the running for beds once the pool opened, but hey ho each there own...lifts were a pain in the bum....we were on floor 2...we would get in and press 6 for reception and end up on floor 14....why? Have to say the entertainment was brilliant..especially mary poppins and adele...plus always something for the kids...we were with an 18 month old...a 4 year old and a 12 year old and all enjoyed it. Restaurant in the hotel was only alright...we had dinner twice...food only ok...breakfast once for good reason was awful....in fact did not have a nice breakfast anywhere the whole week. i recommend buying a baguette and bacon in the hotel supermarket and making it in the apt....the strip near the hotel has a few restaurants which are nice but not buggy friendly....marina much better and recommend La Tasca/Olive Restaurant..we ate here three times ...fab. Taxis outside hotel all the time which was great however had 2 incidents where taxi drivers were on the phone with my 18 month old in the car....not happy told one to stop till he got off the phone...refused to get in to another while he was on the phone and he chose not to take us.....we went to sea life....selwo and tivoli world....very little for 18 month old in tivoli world and had to pay in twice.....once to park and the again for tag to take baba on rides....there was only a few for the baby.....sealife was great but again not buggy friendly....best was selwo and dolphin show was great. Locals mixed bag...some very friendly some quite rude. Lovely taxi guy to airport chatting away about the World Cup. All in all good holiday but not sure id return.

Room Tip: Deffo request low floor as pool is on floor 1 and pool view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank michellecarson1976
Thank you for taking the time to write a quick review of your recent holiday at Sunset Beach Club.

I’m glad that, in general, you all enjoyed your holiday with us and that the entertainment – both for adults and kids – lived up to expectations.

Regarding the food in the restaurant and, in particular, the breakfast, I will be sure to pass on your comments to our Operations Director so that he is aware of your experience and can take them into consideration.

I hope that, as you pointed out, the good really did outweigh the bad and that you’ll come back and stay with us again in the not-too-distant future.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

My self and my family 4 kids aged 9 -7-5-1 booked our 10day package holiday with a travel agent in Dublin ,arrived at the hotel after a 4am start we were looking forward to getting into our 2 interconnecting rooms,but as we gave our names at the reception the lady said she did not have us down under that name atfer 10 mins of trying to sort out what was going on the lady showed us a fax cancelling our booking by our travel agent we were very shocked and she said she would phone them up for u.,They left her on hold so my wife phoned from her mobile and was told that they had not cancelled our booking and we were on their system we explained that we were looking at a fax from them that cancelled our booking at which point they told us they would phone back so mysef and my family were left in a hotel that was fully booked with no idea what we were going to do. My wife and kids were crying at this stage.There is a lot more that happened that we found out later off the manager of the hotel about what the travel agent had done but I want to get to the part were the hotel went out of there way to help us out.Operations manger Miguel Marcos offered us a very large time share appartment in the hotel as all the rooms were fully booked it was perfect for us and the reception staff helped us with the kids and made sure we had everything we needed. They were so nice,the next day we met Miguel in the bar were he got us all a drink and explained what had happened and it was nothing to do with the hotel it was all the travel agent back in Dublin,he told us we could stay in the time share or the next day move to 2 rooms what ever we wanted and he would like for us to go for a meal and drink on the hotel to make up for all our trouble even though it wasnt any fault of the hotel we had a great holiday and enjoyed the hotel. I just want to say to all the staff and Miguel from myself my wife and kids thank you so much for helping us you are the best .

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank mum4149
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

I was sorry to hear that your holiday got off to a shaky start due to a problem with your travel agency; however, I’m glad Miguel and his team were able to sort out the problem so that you could enjoy the rest of your holiday.

I’ll be sure to pass on your thanks to Miguel and the rest of the staff and hope you’ll all come back and stay with us again soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Have just had a week here on our first visit to Benalmadena,. The rooms were adequate , we had one on 13th floor overlooking the street and had mountain views which was nice but I would have preferred a sea view. The oasis restaurant served beautiful meals I could not fault it and they had entertainment on most evenings with singers serenading us , the nice touch was a small blanket ready to put over you if the air turned chilly , luckily didnt need that .The Pool opening hrs was a disappointment and I hope the management get this sorted before the main holiday season, as people are queuing from 8:15 until 10 am when the pools open , to get their spot, the reason why the pool is closed off is due to new legislation that pools have to be supervised by life guards , hence the 10 oclock start. There are still plenty of beds available after the big rush. Being on the 13th floor was ok but the waiting for lifts was frustrating , on the main 3 lifts , there are others dotted around if u want to use them, . People were friendly , rooms cleaned well, take out menu from the Oasis if you wanted it, the supermarket across the road called DIA was very reasonable with wine less than 2 euro and it was pretty good stuff. Many people took thier own drinks around the pool which is a great saving, You are well placed here for transport , to anywhere just taxi, open top bus, small loco train or bus will get u about. It cost approx 9 euro to go to the marina , very very nice place beautiful buildings. Dont discount this Hotel if you are thinking of going you wont be disappointed Enjoy

Room Tip: If you get 6th floor room , you are on the level of reception and entrance to hotel , and to the mai...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank angela k
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Where can you get blue skies, blue pools and the blue Meditteranean Ocean while looking out one window? At Sunset Beach Club of course! This was our 10th visit - but with a gap of 5 years since our last trip I was a little anxious if things had changed. We were delighted with the changes both inside & out of our apartment. Basic things like better quality crockery, an easy to use tin opener, a scissors - may sound trivial but essential on a 2 week family holiday. The apts are spotlessly cleaned & fresh fluffy towels provided every day & fresh crisp quality linen twice a week. Such a treat to arrive back to a spotless apartment. In the morning the pool area was closed until 10 am so everyone had a chilled morning with no drawn run to put the towels down!! We ate in the open air restaurant one breezy evening & were provided with fluffy fleeces to keep us cosy!! What a lovely touch. The staff on Reception so helpful & professional. Thank you Irene & Baz. The supermarket on site is very well stocked & competitively priced. The Aer Lingus strike forced us to stay an extra night and because the all apartments were booked we moved into a Junior Suite. What luxury!!!! Towelling bath robes, linen napkins, 32" TV, iPod docking station, even clothes pegs for the clothes horse!! Simply nothing overlooked. I want to thank Sunset Beach Club for a super wonderful holiday. I can honestly say that I enjoyed every moment of my 2 weeks and yes, I fully intend to return next year because I KNOW I will not be disappointed! :-))

Room Tip: 6th floor rooms have wifi; pool / sea view apts breath taking
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank MariaGalwayIreland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Just come back from a week stay and it was wonderful. Rooms were very well equipped and kept clean. The views from the panorama bar were beautiful. In my opinion drinks were slightly over priced but the food in the oasis restaurant was good price for the quality. The supermarket was slightly more expensive than the one right opposite the front of the hotel. Location was good, close to the beach, bars and restaurants however it is a walk to the marina but there is a taxi rank just outside the hotel. All in all lovely stay.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Bethany H
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your holiday with us and that our hotel services and facilities lived up to expectations.

I hope you’ll come back and visit us again soon.