“Staying at the Sunset Beach was like having a little piece of heaven”
Review of Sunset Beach Club

Sunset Beach Club
Ranked #10 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Reviewed 27 March 2009

Hotel staff all very helpful and friendly.Accommodation excellent. Views from balcony superb.Ideal if you want to visit other places along the coast or to see Malaga itself.Shop on site very handy and activities for children and adults very enjoyable. Panoramic Bar hosted beautiful views but was rather pricey.Excellent place for a holiday.

1  Thank ScottieSunsetBeach
Write a ReviewReviews (2,998)

Reviewed 26 March 2009

Liked Sunset Beach that we have had our winter holiday there 3 years in a row. Staff friendly & very helpful. Poolside kept exceptionally clean & tidy every day. Caters for families, couples - young & old. Would recommend to family & friends.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank bonnieAyr
Reviewed 25 March 2009

Spent a week there 13th - 20th March. The room was nice & clean & we were on the second floor, but would have preferred one higher up as it's better for the sea views. No noise at night so we slept well even though it was single beds, the kitchen it a tad small, but does the job, the fridge is quite big, so you can get plenty of drinks in there. The only drawbacks were having to pay 30 euros for the electric for the week, which I though was a bit steep, & we bought a welcome pack which consists of, 2 cans of beer, 2 cans of coke, a loaf, tea, coffee, milk & butter which was very handy if you are arriving late & need some form of refreshments. The other downside is the RCI reps, which are a bit of a nuisance & pester you with appointments to give you the hard sell, we were told that she wanted to see us as she was doing a survey for RCI & just wanted our opinion on the rooms & resort etc. It is annoying when you are on holiday & someone keeps putting cards under your room door saying an appointment has been made for you, we didn't bother going. But putting that aside, the happy hour is great from 6.30pm to 7.30pm, & a good way to meet other holiday makers, we had a few good nights in there :), it is lovely & clean & a good view too, also a big TV for the sports fans. I would be back there like a shot though, it was a good holiday. We didn't try the breakfast at 8 euro's I thought it was a bit pricey, but it is a buffet breakfast & there was always a queue.
Just one bit of advise, if you hire a car & go to Seville, just watch the "uniformed" parking attendants as one charged us 10 euros for parking when it should have been only 1 euro, we were saved by a lovley Spanish family who noticed he was ripping us off, & gave him a good telling off. Needless to say we got 9 euros change back.

1  Thank rockrose
Reviewed 23 March 2009

Our second visit to SunSet Beach Club, and it was lovely, and we look to visiting again, but , for longer next time, a week is not enough to take advantage of all the things we want to do. An enjoyable walk to the Marina. Visiting the beautiful park, trips ,or just relaxing.
The only negative I have is the busy dual carriageway which is very noisy, the first time was acceptable but to have almost the same room on our next visit was disappointing, but reception moved us the next day to a quieter side which was good.
Same high standards maintained. We look forward to returning again

1  Thank Crissy50
Reviewed 22 March 2009

Just returned from 5 days at the Sunset Beach Club. Got 2 Cheap flights for £10 each so just had to find somewhere to stay - Got to say we struck sooo lucky with this place in terms of the cleanliness, facilties etc. Can't fault anything about the hotel itself or the staff. The breakfast was good and plentiful, the apartments are excellent, the maid service is brill - what more could you want for £50 per night for 2 of us......only 1 thing - for us, and I admit it is just for simplicity but if the hotel was slightly nearer the marina it would be a double bonus. Its a 20-30 minute walk so we took a cab each night - 8 euros each way - worth every penny to enjoy the ambience and atmosphere of the Marina . At first I thought the bar prices were a little expensive ( Im a Greek holiday person and this was my first visit to the 'Costas') but once we had been out and about we quickly realised that the hotel bar was no different to any other bar or restaurant. 8 euros for a JD & Coke so we just lived with it. Huge number of golf players there - but I quickly realised that at this time of year that seemed to be the main type of tourist. All in all if I wanted to go back to Benalmadena I would stay here again but I doubt I'll be back and thats no reflection on the Hotel but I see the whole coastline as a concrete jungle - I'll stick to 'Anywhere Greek' thanks. For anyone who likes to hire a car I used 'Do You Spain' and we got a cracking deal on that too - 5 days totally inclusive of fuel and CDW for under £70 - collect and return from Malaga Airport - that made the holiday a little better as we were able to drive up into the mountains and get out and about to see some of the real Spain. Sunset Beach Club is a really nice place and I chose it based on reviews on this site - I'm pleased I did and was not dissapointed.

2  Thank JD-n-C
Reviewed 17 March 2009

we stayed here for one week, the hotel is very clean and lot's to do . It is abit far from the main shops and bars, but if you can make it along the seafront you will come across a bar called NEWZ it is very cheap for drinks loverly sea views but best ,the food is out of this world. The chef cooks the best menu and when I asked if I could have a sauce with my Salmon this was no proplem. Loverly staff only 12 euros for a 3 course meal. The marina is lovely plenty of bars, places to eat. If you can go on the Lakes trip there is a great place to have Roast Lamb in Honey go to the little hotel there it is beautiful 20 euro for 2. You will not miss it as there are only about three places to eat there and the Lakes are well worth the trip.

1  Thank millieCardiff
Reviewed 17 March 2009

The hotel is very clean and there are taxis waiting at the front door. I dont understand why it is called a beach club there is no beach. I had a nice room on the 11th floor and a great view of the sea but there is no sandy beach, just rocks.

The services are run on Spanish time. The travel desk opens at 10 AM and there is only one person working at the desk. The market on the 1 floor closes at 6 PM. When people are returning from golf and from tours 6 PM is not a good time for the market to close.
I requested an envelope and two sheets of paper at the front desk. after much eye rolling the woman actually said to me..are you a guest? I thought of saying,,no I just popped in from the street to get a free envelope!

The hotel is the agent for day tours. I went on five tours. They were expensive and not very good. We had the same tour guide everyday and he was less than people oreinted. the tours were rushed and the important things were not shown. We didnt even go in the catherdral in Saville!

If you want a tan and play golf I guess this is the place for you. I found the Costa del Sol over built and a forest of empty flats.

The television did get stations in many languages..the market did have papers in various languages.

I did find it odd that the hairdressing was closed on both Saturdays and Sundays??? This hotel says it is a good place for weddings..I guess if you dont want your hair done!

1  Thank agatha