Booking was easy online and afterwards the helpful hotel staff ensured my room was located adjacent to the other family I travelled with but who had booked separately.
The rooms are clean and well equipped (to a 3-4* level). A good lounge area with a generous and comfortable sofa bed, balcony with chair & tables, and small but sufficiently equipped kitchen. The main bedroom area is separated from the rest of the room by sliding louvred doors and has twin beds, but you can put them together and the housekeeping continued to make them up as a double.
The hotel is just 20 minutes taxi from the airport (28 euro) and located on the sea front with a very minor road between it and the beach (see later).
The hotel has 2 pools plus a toddler pool, a bar / snack bar (which served quite good food for lunch) plus an outside restaurant (which we didn't try). There are plenty of loungers and a great rule that you can't place towels down to reserve a lounger before 10am !! Great!
There is a supermarket in the hotel that is good for most things, plus just 4 minutes walk away is a cheap and extensive supermarket called SuperCor. If you want more, further away in Fuengirola is a larger supermarket (Euroski?) and a shopping centre (18 EUR taxi).
The hotel's main restaurant looks unpromising but was surprising good. 200m along the beach is a wonderful traditional restaurant called Cali that we went to twice. Highly recommended.
Other restaurants nearby were a bar a few doors down from the Supercor where we had nice tapas, next to that is a traditional spanish resturant (dishes looked lovely but a bit difficult for the kids so we didn't go there) and a fabulous traditional Spanish restaurant in the marina (avoid all the pizza & Italian restaurants)(can't remember the name, but it's near Ben and Jerry's and starts with an "E" (possibly)).
During the day, we walked to the hotel's beach front cafe called Pierinos for lunch (recommended). And rented loungers on the peaceful beach.
When we had a bit too much sun we took a 10 minute taxi ride to the cablecar that goes to the top of the mountains nearby. Here there are short walks and, to our surprise, a sanctuary for birds of prey, complete with entertaining and educational displays.
Tips: virtually nothing in the hotel takes credit card cards, so you are advised to take plenty of cash. There is a cash machine in the lobby, but it ran out of cash for two days. Alternatively there is a machine in the SuperCor.
There is free wifi in the main hotel bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Beach Club, Benalmadena, is a popular beachfront 4 *** resort featuring: two spectacular open-air pools, bars, restaurants, shops, a bakery and much more! The perfect setting to enjoy Costa de Sol´s immaculate climate; year round live entertainment; modern and fully equipped apartments with one bedroom, private balcony and individual climate control. Sunset Beach Club, your complete holiday destination on the Costa Del Sol! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sunset Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Club Hotel Benalmadena
- Sunset Beach Benalmadena
- Sunset Beach Spain
- Sunset Beach Hotel
- Sunset Beach Club Spain
- Sunset Beach Club Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol