Just returned from a week at the Triton Hotel and had a wonderful stay. We were in the annex in a spacious room which was spotlessly clean with lovely shower. Just what you need at the end of a day beside the large pool and beautiful surroundings.Great air conditioning too which is a big bonus. Slept well and not woken by noise at all.
The food was plentiful with lots of choice. Coffee machine was a bit haphazard so eventually opted for tea using teabags provided (they were a bit on the weak side so usually used two) and added water from machine. Dining room did get busier towards the end of our stay but this is probably the same in most hotels now that the school holidays are upon us. Plenty of choice for evening meal although do be aware that the dining room does not start serving until 7.30pm which was a bit late for us. However, you just go with the flow.There was a microwave to heat food for those who liked it hotter. The dining room staff work extremely hard and efficiently. The kitchen staff were constantly out ensuring all dishes were replenished as needed.
There is a gate in the grounds that leads to the promenade and beach and the hotel has a little cafe terrace where we enjoyed a coffee in the afternoons most days.
We took a trip to Gibraltar on the express bus (Julia travel) which we booked through the travel agent over the road from the hotel and up the road to the left. Cost 26 euros for the two of us. Left at 0900 and got back about 6pm. There are plenty of tours on offer to see the rocks and apes which were far more expensive than the £9 each we paid to take the cable car to the top. The cable car entrance is along the main street heading towards the rock. Bit of a walk to get to it but plenty to see along the way. The tour guide on the coach gave lots of interesting information as we drove through Puerto Banus and Marbella. Great scenery on the way and takes less than 2hrs,
Booked the holiday through Jet2.com and really have no complaints. Takes less that 30 minutes from the airport. Great "recharge the batteries" break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the well known "Costa del Sol", at the tourist centre of Benalmádena and facing the sea. It's just a few metres away from the harbour. Comfortable rooms with terrace, fully fitted bathroom with hairdryer, satellite TV, security door lock, telephone, fridge, heating, air conditioning and optional safe-deposit box. Buffet restaurant with show cooking, national and international cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Hotelopia, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Best Triton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Benalmadena Triton Hotel
- Triton Benalmadena
- Triton Hotel Benalmadena
- Hotel Triton Spain
- Hotel Triton Benalmadena
- Benalmadena Hotel Triton
- Hotel Triton Costa Del Sol
- Hotel Best Triton Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol