Just returned from a 2 week stay at the Triton hotel in Benalmadena. The pool area was big and well maintained we never had a problem getting a lounger either in the sun or in shade
Our room had obviously been recently refurbished with good furnishings and plenty of storage space. The room was well serviced by hard working and friendly staff.
HOWEVER our room was in the ANNEXE ( probably the grade booked by our travel agent) At check in we were directed to our room and told that our luggage would be delivered to our room. When we eventually reached our room we realised why our luggage would be delivered to us. This was our first experience of the Triton and after waiting for 30 minutes we called reception to ask for our luggage to be deliverednd then with still no luggage after a further 20 minutes we went back to reception to repeat our request - it was only after this that we received our luggage.
To get from our room to the dining room and using the lifts in the annexe and then in the main building we still had to trek approx. 160 paces and negotiate 3 flights of stairs totalling 32 steps - definitely not advised for anyone with mobility issues.
While the main hotel building balconies were lit at night the annexe was left in the dark - when we asked about this at reception next day we didn't get much of a reply and were only given a ' couldn't care less' shrug of the shoulders by the charming man at the reception desk. How much would cost per guest per night to have 5hrs light on the balcony - not much
Our first experience of the dining room was terrible - we eventually managed to find a table - but after finishing 3 courses and with all the dirty dishes still on the table we were unable to order a drink - this happened on another occasion and on 2 more we were midway through dessert and still with 2 course dirty dishes on the table we were belatedly offered a drink. At first we thought that this service and generally not too friendly staff was down to the number of tables that the staff had to cover but later realised that they were only following the example set by their boss and mentor the head waiter. Displayed in all lifts and throughout the hotel were notices saying that men were not allowed to wear shorts at dinner, we also had this stated on a leaflet given to us at check in, despite this shorts were fairly common at dinner with the head waiter simply admitting diners without any word of caution
The food was OK - quite repetitive and not really a wide selection - the ladies who restocked the buffet from the kitchen were the hardest working and most friendly staff in the dining room
While the minority of bar and restaurant staff were pleasant enough the biggest majority were certainly not welcoming. The pool bar staff were possibly the worst they also seemed to have an aversion to keeping the area clean especially in late afternoon and evening
Two days before leaving we thought that we needed some more Euros, asking to change English bank notes at reception - we were told that this was not available in the hotel and told 'go to bank'
Being fortunate enough to holiday 2 or 3 times a year in 4 star hotels we would say that the Triton is not worthy this standard and is possibly only a 3.5 star at the very best.
The Triton is part of the Best hotels group but is not part of our group of best hotels we most certainly won't be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the well known "Costa del Sol", at the tourist centre of Benalmádena and facing the sea. It's just a few metres away from the harbour. Comfortable rooms with terrace, fully fitted bathroom with hairdryer, satellite TV, security door lock, telephone, fridge, heating, air conditioning and optional safe-deposit box. Buffet restaurant with show cooking, national and international cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Best Triton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Benalmadena Triton Hotel
- Triton Benalmadena
- Triton Hotel Benalmadena
- Hotel Triton Spain
- Hotel Triton Benalmadena
- Benalmadena Hotel Triton
- Hotel Triton Costa Del Sol
- Hotel Best Triton Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol