“Disappointed”

Hotel Best Triton
Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We are just back from our stay at this hotel first impressions were lovely and the hotel it self was very nice unfortunately there was a few things I found unacceptable we did ask overva year ago for see view room if possible and I emailed the hotel saying if possible could we have a see view room as we were celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary and we like to relax and look out over the see still waiting on hotel emailing me back but didn't get what I ask for but not to worry you cant please everyone . On sitting on the chair drying my hair I nearly fell back on the chair it was very loose , our light on the wall was so loose it just swung round , the bath did look clean on first impression but sorry that didn't last long there was a tide mark around the bath but the toilet really bothered me I can honestly say that it never seen a brush down it all week . The bed im sorry to say wasn't change my husband was eating a bun the first night we were there and left a mark on the pillow that was wed it was still there on tue .when we told the rep on tue he was anoyed that we didnt say sooner my answer was I paid 1300 pound to come on holiday not to tell the staff or cleaner how to do there job and to be honest staff were not rude they just weren't that friendly the rep did speak to the hotel I don't know what the outcome was. However the food was lovely . Would I say this hotel is a four star maybe a few years ago but not now sorry

• Stayed August 2014
6 Thank patjoe1111
BestHotels2014, Gerente at Hotel Best Triton, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you reaching out to us on Tripadvisor to notify us of your concerns related to your recent stay at hotel Best Tritón and apologize if you experienced any inconsistency in our service. Your input is extremely important to us and we will be forwarding your remarks directly to the appropriate managers for further review.

We regret your dissapointing reading that you didn´t have a room with a nice view. We try to please our guest´s room requests but unfortunately that is not always possible, specially in high season with high occupancy.

On the other hand, cleanliness and hygiene are an absolute must for us and our housekeeping staff undertakes a thorough cleaning of all rooms on a daily basis, being to us of primary importance to give total confidence in this area, please accept our sinceres apologies if we do not meet your expectations. We will pass on your comments to our house keeping department for revision and improvement.

Thank you again for your visit and the courtesy of your time; our goal is to assure our guests feel comfortable and fully enjoy their visits. We are eager to regain your confidence during another occasion if you gave us that chance.

Kind Regards from Benalmádena.

Victor Alonso.
Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Polish first
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

On arriving at the hotel with my husband and 2 children first impressions have stuck! Not good. We arrived at 11am and the lady on reception couldn't find our booking, despite having all paperwork. She was incredibly rude, spoke to the Spanish behind us and basically sent us away. After 30 mins trying to sort over phone it turns out the hotel had me booked under my middle name, no apology from the rude lady just got told we can't have the room until 2pm. When we finally arrived at our room we were very please at the cleanliness and space, the only downside was we were on the 7th floor with two young children, we did request lower but once again this was snubbed by the reception staff.we also requested one extra pillow on 3 occasions and this never arrived. Location of the hotel is superb, 2 mins to the beach and harbour round the corner. The swimming pools and entertainment team were fantastic, the only downside is by 8am all the sunbeds have towels on despite rules saying 'do not reserve sunbeds' this was mainly the elder Spanish guests whom only sat on them for the best part of 2 hours per day!. I did speak with reception about this but guess what....They didn't care! Therefore I joined them and set my alarm to get
a sunbed! Food... breakfast was good - great selection however was only warm. Dinner - the themed nights were very good, however other nights the food wasn't to our liking so we ate out quite a few times. Nightly entertainment - to be fair only watched this twice, very focused for the Spanish and didn't really understand it but we couldn't complain as we had the marina on our doorstep, few nights in Arroyo and Benalmadena Pueblo. Overall I was
disappointed with the service of the reception staff, didn't find them helpful and this unfortunately will stop us returning to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014
9 Thank Jodie W
BestHotels2014, Gerente at Hotel Best Triton, responded to this review, 12 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our Best Tritón hotel; we regret we fell short of your expectations on this occasion and are grateful for your comments that will help us to enhance our future guests’ experiences among us.

First of all I would like to apologise for the incident in reception at the time of your arrival at the hotel, especially if you did not feel well treated during check-in.

I am aware of the importance it has the fact that everything works out well at the moment the guests arrive at the hotel. You gave in your passport as identification and there figured your married name, however the reservation was made by the travel agency using your maiden name. As no voucher or supporting document was delivered, we could not find, at first your reservation with the details provided. It is for this reason that we called other hotels of our group to see if your booking had been made in one of them by mistake.
We deeply regret what has happened with your reservation but honestly I do not think the hotel has had any responsibility.

As you well say the reservation of sunbeds is forbidden by our house rules, we sincerely apologize if this happened during your visit and commit to enforce the respect of our pool rules so as to avoid receiving this kind of feedback in the future.

We thank you for pointing out our pools area our location, right in the heart of Benalmádena Costa and with a wide array of leisure and dining options within short walking distance.

Please be assured that we took your comments into consideration and that they will help us to improve our services. We really thank you for your time and despite the issues you have raised following your stay, we hope that Tritón Hotel will remain an option for your next holiday and that we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in our company in the near future.

Kind Regards.

Victor Alonso.
Manager.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Nice hotel but we paid extra for sea view but we couldn't see the sea ! Complained but was not moved! Nice hotel except for the lack of sea view. Food was of a good standard bubbly nice touch for breakfast. Enjoyable hotel it would have been nice to have a sea view for my friend on holiday with us was celebrating her 50th birthday!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Gale E
BestHotels2014, Gerente at Hotel Best Triton, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We first would like to thank you for visiting Best Tritón hotel for your holidays in Costa del Sol and for sharing your opinion on Tripadvisor; we realize there is always room for improvement and your comments are crucial in this process. We are sorry to hear that you could not see the sea from your room. We deeply regret your disappointment specially celebrating your friend´s 50th birthday! July and August are the months with high occupancy and sometimes we are not able to provide the alternative option. On the other hand, we thank you for pointing out the quality of our buffets and the beauty of the property. Thank you again for your valuable time.

We hope to see you again in the near future and to have the opportunity to offer you a very enjoyable experience.

Kind Regards from Benalmádena,

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

First time at the triton spending 7 nights there.. After reading mixed reviews some good some not so good we decided to give it a go... The hotel was spotless,, staff actually really helpful ,, location perfect.. Then we got to our room, the dreaded annex.. Saying that the room was lovely BUT then we opened the curtains to our balcony and saw the lovely view of a brick wall..! Bit disappointed but as the room was spot on we didn't complain. Overall we did enjoy our holiday,, the beach is on your door step,, the marina around the corner. It would be Be better if they provided a kettle in your room so maybe a trAvel kettle would be helpful. I would definetly recomend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Emma C
Dear Emma,

Thank you so much for the time you took out of your day to share your satisfaction on your holiday experience at our Best Tritón hotel. We are pleased to read that in general you had an enjoyable time among us. We lament hearing that the room view we accommodated you in did not meet your expectations, please accept our apologies. On the other hand, we thank you for your kind words towards our unbeatable location, cleanliness of the hotel and our staff, their kindness and helpfulness being one of our hotel's main strengths and their contribution is essential to your wellbeing whilst staying among us.

Thank you again for making us your choice hotel when visiting the area and your recommendation; It will be a real pleasure to welcome you back on your next trip to Benalmádena.

Best Regards.

Víctor Alonso.
Director
Hotel Best Triton
Bury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Enjoyed a fantastic stay here in November 2013. Beautiful 4 star place. Nice & quiet, plenty of places to lounge around (including plenty of large leather sofa's inside), very helpful staff. Not for everybody, as they have a lot of older guests due to some sort of deal with SAGA, but as I was going strictly to chill out, it was perfect for me. The food (buffet) was basically average to be honest, and the "snack bar" consists of basically bags of crisps & peanuts (which for a guy like me who likes his food, was a bit of a downer). Unfortunately, it seems that unless you're a SAGA member, the most you can book here is half-board. A real shame & something that will probably lead to me looking elsewhere in the future. The option to go all inclusive would probably have seen me return here year on year for the foreseeable future. I've already booked to go back this November (2014) but unless the option to go at the very least full board becomes available, I'll likely holiday elsewhere after. Which is a damn shame. Because this place is oh so very nearly perfect for me.

Oh and the room was beautiful. Newly renovated when I went, and the sunrises & sunsets were SPECTACULAR! I'm not a morning person (especially on holiday) but I got up EVERY morning without fail at something silly like 6:30am JUST to watch the sunrise. Absolutely beautiful.

If you don't mind only being able to go half-board, and you're cool with a hotel which is mostly filled with older folk, definitely look here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank QWERTYOP
BestHotels2014, Gerente at Hotel Best Triton, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel Best Tritón for your family holidays in Costa del Sol and for the time you spent to share these nice comments about your stay; It is always rewarding to read that our guests have enjoyed their holidays among us. We are also grateful for your positive remark on your room, our goal is to provide comfortable accommodation and we thank you for letting us know you were satisfied with yours. We also greatly appreciate your kind words towards our staff. Finally, we would like to point out that the full board option is available for the guests all the year. Thank you again for your visit and very kind recommendation; it would be a great pleasure to welcome you again at your earliest convenience.

Kind Regards from Benalmádena,

wales
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This was our first time at the Triton Hotel, and must say it was Lovely, Good food and Spotlessly Clean, We had a room on the 5th floor Beautiful sea and pool view, Not far to walk to the Marina again a Must See just Wonderful, spent most nights here and went on the Sunset boat trip Wonderful! Only thing let it down was the Entertainment at night,

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tedWales
BestHotels2014, Gerente at Hotel Best Triton, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us at the hotel Best Tritón and we are sincerely grateful for the time you spent to share your satisfaction here on Tripadvisor; it is wonderful to hear we were able to meet your expectations of an enjoyable holiday experience here in Benalmádena.

We thank you for pointing out the cleanliness of our hotel and the comfort of our rooms. We also appreciate your praising comments on our restaurant. Finally, we lament your disappointment with our night entertainment; please be assured that your comments will be forwarded to our entertainment team to improve our service. Thank you for making us your choice hotel when visiting the area.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Triton for a week in July with my husband and 2 children. Check in went smoothly and first impressions were good. I had emailed the hotel to request that our 2 rooms were close to each other and was happy to find they were only a few doors apart. The view from the rooms was to the pool and the beach beyond so this was fantastic. No complaints about the food. Mostly to a high standard. A great variety at breakfast and dinner. Location of the hotel has to be its best feature. Its situated right on the beach promenade a few minutes walk from the Marina.
My only complaint would be the cleaning of the room. Although the towels were changed and beds made each day the room appeared very grubby by the end of the week.
Despite this I would definitely recommend the Triton to friends and would stay again if returning to Benalmadena.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank SCF77
BestHotels2014, Gerente at Hotel Best Triton, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Guest, First of all we would like to thank you for the time you took out of your day to review your holiday experience at our hotel; it is rewarding to read that overall you were satisfied with your stay. We loved reading your praising comments on our great location and our restaurant; we love gastronomy here at Hotel Triton and strive to make it one of the highlights of our guests’ stay among us. Moreover, we were very sorry to hear your comments on our rooms' cleaning as this does not reflect the usual feedback we receive on review portals and internal surveys; the cleanliness is one of the prime pillars of our company and we took good note of the weak points highlighted in your review and did not fail to share it with our head of department for revision. Thank you again for making us to be your hotel choice when visiting the area and for your recommendation; It will be a real pleasure to welcome you back on your next trip to Benalmadena. Kind Regards. Victor Alonso. Manager.