“Good time at Hotel Triton”
Review of Hotel Best Triton

Hotel Best Triton
Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Suffolk
“Good time at Hotel Triton”
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Stayed for one week with my 15 year old and 12 year old. In my opinion, hotel is definately worth the 4*rating for its facilities, food, cleanliness and location. People who think that it will be like a 4* in England are wrong because standards in Spain are different to England. Meal times were a bit manic but this is to be expected as the hotel is very large and it is all self service. The food choices catered for every nationality which made it very interesting. One night there was a table laid out full of fresh seafood. There was a microwave in the dining room to use if you like food piping hot as usually by the time you have sat down the food has cooled down. Room was clean, spacious and nicely decorated. Could only get euro sport channel on TV in English. Location is fab, great beach, shops, bars and (expensive for a drink, harbour ) Bus stops are right outside hotel and the aquapark outside Torremolinos runs a special bus mon-fri which picks up at the stop 3 times in the morning and drops back 3 times in the afternoon. For us the downside was lack of English guests so children didn't make any friends. The daytime entertainment programme was better than I was expecting but evening was disappointing as English guests not catered for here. Also for the size of the hotel only one pool table and one table tennis table is insufficient as it was nearly impossible to get on them. Didn't play tennis as it costs 10 euro's for racket and court hire (non refundable) Reception staff always helpful and friendly, bar and restaurant staff could smile a bit more but I think this is how they are in Spain and nothing personal. Yes I would stay there again, no problem.

3 Thank GoldenGirlSuffolk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Annalong, Co Down, N.Ireland
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We stayed at Triton hotel from 12-19 July, 2 adults and 2 kids (under 10). Our room was located overlooking Plaza de Ole - a lovely peaceful square with bars. We could also see the beach and pier. The rooms are spacious, and very adequate. We had two double beds, with fridge and TV (english channels BBCnews24 & eurosport). We left one of the room keys in the electric switch and this left the air conditioning on permanently - so it was lovely and cool when we returned.

We stayed half board, but only ate in the hotel twice for our evening meal. There was a great selection and something for everyone, but our kids found the selection poor. We like to go out and explore, and would definately recommend a visit to Bonanzo Square (only €4 in taxi ride away) or a walk up a steep hill opposite hotel, where you can get 3 course meal and bottle of wine €11 - great atmosphere and plenty of lovely restaurants.

The swimming pools are a great size and our two boys really enjoyed them most of the time as the regular lifeguard was excellent ensuring everyone's safety, however on two days (16th & 17th July) the Lifeguard from hell was on duty and spent all day parading around the swimming pools - he must have a radar for laughter - anytime he heard laughter the made sure it soon stopped, and prevented anyone wearing glasses sitting beside the pool. He would not allow my kids to use their water squirters in the pool (even though the squirters can be purchased from the hotel shop) - he was just OTT with the rules and really spoiled my kids fun for these 2 days. There was lots of complaints among other guests sitting by the pool.

There is a gateway from the pools direct onto the promenade and you can use your room key to get back in through this gate. On the promenade there are lots of shops and cafes and bars etc to have lunch or a less expensive drink! The Marina is only a few mins walk away and it is fantastic!

The only things we didnt like about this hotel was the following:
(a) There were very few english speaking guests and our children missed having other kids to play with.
(b) Another drawback was the entertainment seemed to be in Spanish so we didnt stay any nite in the hotel. But we found lots of other places to explore and really enjoyed Benalmadena.
(c) To get a sunbed we had to take turns and get up at 7am to put down our towels. We didnt bother the first couple of days and ended up with no sun bed!

All in all a good hotel & perfect location. We went to Aqualand (water park) and Tivoli World (fun park) - recommend both!

5 Thank BURDY
brighton
Reviewed 22 July 2010

This hotel is right on the beach and is in a fab location . It has clean large rooms and although other reviews said it was run down I thought it was better than I expected. The food was good with something for everyone . The only negative thing is the staff are very grumpy and don't smile very much especially in the poolside bar !

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank wellerooBrighton
Chester
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I stayed here with my partner for two weeks b&b just before the end of june until a few days ago. On arrival we were given a great room with a balcony double the size of everyone else's, it was in the corner of the hotel so we also had a great view of the sea and pool. Breakfast was full of choice not sure why people moan about it to be honest don't really know what they expect?....Location was really good right next to the marina with some great places to eat American Jacks was our favourite :) During the first week it was fantastic sunbeds were always available and the people staying were mostly spanish and friendly....second week more and more people came american, german, english so beds all gone by 9!! had to go the beach which was roasting!! More beds should be available my partner had to get up at 8 to put a towel on the beds for our last day....Also watch out for pool police you arent allowed to wear sunglasses when swimming or use lilos, rings etc so just for swimming really not fun for the poor kids that had them.. i actually saw one lady shouting at the guy for telling her to take off her sunglasses as she had an operation and needed to wear them. At night it could be quite noisy we did'nt mind though we r in r 20's after all and spain were often playing football so as they won everywhere went mad lots of beeping all night long, good atmosphere though. I would stay here again but in the last two weeks of June before it gets crowded and people get more moody! Also go to selwo marina its just behind Paloma park and is great you can have photos taken with dolphins and sea lions and all sorts it is small like people have said but still very good!

2 Thank HolidayLove20
Manchester
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I would like to write a fair and honest review for the Triton.
We stayed for 10 days towards the end of June. I must say this was my first time staying in a hotel, in the past have always preferred self-catering.
I was most happy with the room we were allocated overlooking the Plaza Ole. The room was very clean and the maid service very efficient, we had no problem with the towels as mentioned in earlier reviews.
The pool areas were very nice (would say you have to be up early to get a decent sun bed though) - although we did not use them, preferring the beach with the biggest deepest sunbed mattresses I've ever seen and which I thought was well worth the 4.50 Euros!
The bad side for me were meal times, as I've said it was my first time in a hotel and I am not used to the buffet style restaurants. All I can say was it was like feeding the 5000, people were like locusts. The choice of food on offer I thought was mainly more geared towards other European guests staying at the hotel. The food choice was mainly cold, although you could wait for certain dishes to be cooked. In the end we did go out to eat quite a few times - finding some really good local restaurants.
On a serious note I was unwell whilst staying at the hotel and I cannot fault how I was looked after from the reception staff who called the Doctor, the Doctor himself and the staff at the private hospital I was referred to. Fortunately it was not serious just precautionary and I was able to enjoy the rest of my holiday.
On the whole I enjoyed my stay at the Triton Hotel and would have not problem is staying there again, as I thought the location was excellent, the rooms fine, the maid service good. The hotel is suitable whether your a beach person or a pool person. The only thing I would change is probably just stay for bed and breakfast, and give the feeding of the 5000 a miss

5 Thank Wardley1
Barnsley
Reviewed 7 July 2010

where do i begin old tired hotel ,you will spend half of your holiday waiting for the lifts to come rooms are ok but the towels are like cardboard and a grey white colour .The staff are not friendly this hotel is full of spanish at brreakfast it is like a cattle market everything is flat cold drinks machine s are useless juice gets more watered down each day, if you are having half board be warned you have to have long trousers for dinner i went for dinner the first night and was met by a very rude member of staff refusing me dinner because i had 3/4 trousers on i was livid and had to purchase some trousers for the rest of the holiday, the food is very poor and mostly cold.The bar upstairs was closed for some reason there was only a pool bar open the decor is very dated and there is even a work wear shop inside the hotel so that says it all.The only plus side was the pool and garden but be warned the pool attendent takes all the dingis and airbeds off the children. If you go down on the beach it is 4.50 EURO for a bed a bit steep if there is a family.Would not recommend this hotel it is terrible

3 Thank r_whitelam
Conwy
Reviewed 3 July 2010

This hotel has a fantastic location. The rooms are large with two double beds and a nice big bathroom - we upgraded to a sea view room with a large balcony which was superb and the housekeeping cannot be faulted - the room was kept immaculate and we were given fresh towels daily. The mini bar in the room which is free, was restocked on our second day but not after that - but that may have been because we stocked the fridge ourselves with water and fruit juice from the shop across the road - I was just delighted to actually have a fridge in the room in the first place ! Though the hotel was quite full, not once did I have a problem getting a sun lounger and found the sunbathing areas so peaceful - it was heaven not to be midered to play games or to have music blaring - which is the norm when I go away with the kids and great fun then - but I wouldn't say that this hotel is suited to families for that reason - and as I was away without my lot - it was absolute bliss !!! The pools were immaculate as is the rest of the hotel and wonderful to swim in without having to dodge kid's and lilo's all over the place !! You can access the prom and the beach through the hotel gardens using your room card to open the gates - the prom is lovely and lined with shops selling all sorts of jewellry and crafts and lots of bars and restaurants - a short walk takes you down to the marina which is a hive of activity and a great place to grab a coffee and people watch. If you go out of the front of the hotel and cross the busy road - you will find a lovely pub which is only a euro a pint. Walk further up the road and up a steep hill and you will find a lovely square full of pubs and eating places. If you want fags or tobacco buy them from the goverment regulated tobacco shops - there is one round the corner from the hotel which is only open in the mornings. Also the best place to change your money is at Reubens - you will not be charged commission there and once again is just a short walk from the hotel. I have no complaints about the food served at the hotel, we only ate there one evening as we prefered to eat out, but the food was of a standard buffet self service that I have experienced at many hotels. At breakfast you can have your eggs cooked to order - the coffee from the machines was good - and you can help yourself to cava if you wish which is located by the coffee machine next to the outdoor patio. As for entertainment - well we went out every evening though I think the entertainment would have been aimed at the older generation rather than at families. I found all the staff helpful and charming and cannot fault any of them. All in all - if you want a quiet relaxing holiday or a romantic getaway then this is the hotel for you. Belamadena is beautiful and Torromolinos is well worth a visit - we took a taxi which was only 10 euro's - though there is a bus stop right outside the hotel. The spa treatments were fantastic, around the same price as hotels charge here, but well worth it ! Not sure if you can get free internet connection - though there are two computors in the lobby which for 1 euro you get 15 mins to check your emails etc.

5 Thank LorraineConwy