“"Great Holiday"”

MedPlaya Hotel Bali
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed in the Hotel Bali for a week A/L in July with my husband and 3 grandchildren aged 3,9+9 the entertainment for the kids was fab, kids never wanted to leave the hotel. Food was ok you could always find something to suit & the snacks in the A/L were fine for the kids. Rooms were average (but I don't go on holiday to sit in my room all day). most of the staff were very pleasant apart from one surly woman who looked miserable every time she served you & practically threw your drinks at you, I caught her shouting at the kids because they were taking a minute to make up their minds what flavour of ice cream they wanted, I gave her a piece of my mind and she even apologised next day. All in all we had a great holiday & have just booked the Bali again for me & Hubby in January. If your not looking for luxury then I'd recommend this hotel for a good value for money holiday

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank needaholday

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Just got back from a 7 night all inclusive let down! We've stayed in 3 stars before so wasn't expecting 5 star but this hotel is the worst ive ever stayed in! First of all the staff was totally ignorant never got what you ordered and when you did receive food/drinks it was just thrown on the bar.
The corridors are in bad need of updating and cleaning, our bedding was made daily but never changed, the balcony door and no lock or handle, at the end of our stay there was still the previous occupance rubbish under the beds, the food was very repetitive lots of fish stews which if wasnt eaten for tea was re-served for dinner the next day, would never stay here again.

1  Thank brentwright
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We just got back from a 2 weeks all inclusive holiday. Having been to this hotel before, we knew what to expect and have to say it was as good as expected. Stayed in a studio apartment which is very spacious even though there were 4 of us. Apartments include a fridge which is useful for storing bottles of water etc. Restaurant serves a good variety of food at all meal times. Bar staff polite & helpful apart from one female member of staff who looks like she hates her job, dislikes the brits & if you ordered 2 drinks were lucky if both of them were what you ordered. Anyone reading this going to this hotel will soon see who im talking about as other reviews have mentioned this person as well. The entertainment team deserve a special mention for their hard work through the day & putting on great shows in the evening.

Go to this hotel with 3* expectations and not 5* like some people seem to expect and im sure you wont be disappointed. Enjoy !!

4  Thank Lee M
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We returned yesterday from a 10 night all inclusive break. After reading a number of reviews before going I kept an open mind. I used a previous travellers room tip and emailed the hotel in advance requesting a quiet room with a pool or sea view. on check in they had my email and we were allocated room 2011 in Bali 2. We had a view of the downstairs pool and could see the sea too. I also had the added comfort that we were on the slowest floor and the metal awning from the sunny view cafe was directly below us which meant I was comfortable letting my 3 and 6 year old out on the balcony (something I've not done on previous holidays. Room location also meant we only had to go down 1 flight of stairs to our preferred pool and up 2 flights to the main pool and outdoor stage /reception. Room itself was fine though limited wardrobe space for a family of 4 but was clean. Cleaner came every day and made beds and changed towels.
Downstairs pool great for little ones as only waist high on my two at one end but then steadily gets deeper and deeper. Managed to get pool side lounger every day. Sunny view cafe great for drinks and light snacks if you didn't want to leave the pool
Restaurant staff very friendly. All made a fuss of the boys. As to be expected with all Inc. Food a bit repetitive but tasty and when you have boys who love pasta/ham/chips/ice cream/egg on toast with beans you can't complain lol. Good range of drinks and great that bottled water included. You can always eat out if you didn't like what was on offer
Previous reviews stated walls and corridors shabby.Lots of painting to spruce the place up while we were there so feedback is listened to.
Couple of slight niggles - cabinet in room contained pipes from other rooms so you could hear water running down but not too much to prevent you sleeping..walls are very thin between roons so you can hear raised voices from your neighbours. Thankfully ours were relatively quiet. WiFi needs to be improved. It's free in reception but frustratingly intermittent..didn't want to pay for additional access as guessed connection would be same..
Cardiac hill - yes it's a bit steep but not very long. I managed ok and had only had abdominal surgery 10 weeks before.
Now - the best bit of the holiday.. THE ENTERTAINMENT TEAM. Great shows / kids activities - all work so hard but special mentions to Sara, Tina, Isaac and Marek who thoroughly entertained my two boys.

In a nutshell, great t ok me, would go again - go with an open mind and if you've young kids you will have a ball!!!!

5  Thank Mumof2boyz
vandamed, Guest Relations at MedPlaya Hotel Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at the Medplaya Hotel Bali and for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel.
We are glad you enjoyed your holiday especially the entertainment activities. As you say, our entertainment team offers daily activities for adults and children as well as the night shows aimed toward to viewers of all ages.

Thank you once again for your comment and for being our guest and we hope to welcome you back to Medplaya Hotel Bali very soon!

Kind regards,

Vanda Lehnerova
Guest Relations Costa del Sol
Medplaya.com

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We arrived to find a run down dirty hotel, the carpets are stained and dirty the walls are cracked and dirty, I was in shock as its nothing like the brochure. The staff are ignorant and only speak to the Spanish the activities are over run with non English speaking ignorant Spanish, as for the sea view...what a joke! More like backs of hotels! Our bedding never got changed even though I'd asked twice as my niece was sick, I ended up washing it myself, there was no lock on our balcony doors there is bare wires hanging out of the walls on the corridor, to finish our week we all ended up with an upset stomach!
Before we went on holiday I read these reviews and thought there is some good ones so we will see what it's like, really wish I'd not gone totally worst hotel we've stayed in, check the photo's!!!

1  Thank Jennybav
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Just returned from a 7day stay at this hotel..and it was amazing..the food is great the pool and leisure areas are fab and the staff are plesant if you are plesant with them..manners gets you a long way..the entertainment staff need a pay rise..they was outstanding and the shows were great..my 2 year old and 6 year old loved it..all in all a fab place to go and I would go back tomorrow. .book it now..THE MORGAN FAMILY

1  Thank davemorgan11
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I have just returned from 9 nights at Hotel Bali and can honestly say I would never stay there again or recommend it to anyone. The room we stayed in had dirty marks and stains on the walls. There was also stains on the wall in the corridors and the carpets looked dirty. The selection of food was not great at lunch or dinner, the breakfasts were okay. The staff were friendly and helpful which was the only good thing about the hotel.

Room Tip: Book the studio apartment