“Excellent stay”

MedPlaya Hotel Bali
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband and I have just had 5 nights in the Bali, a good quality 3* hotel in need of a bit of TLC, but very clean, friendly helpful staff and good food. Handy to all walk to the beach and up into Arroyo de la Miel and train station.Will stay again.

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms in Bali II
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
vandamed, Guest Relations at MedPlaya Hotel Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear guest,

We are delighted to here that you liked your stay at Medplaya Hotel Bali and that we could exceed your expectation. Looking forward to your return visit, next time you visit Benalmádena Costa.

Kind regards,

Vanda Lehnerova
Guest Relations Medplaya Hotels

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed for a week and had a good time BUT NOT in the hotel,
The staff are excellent as is the location , the food on the other hand left a lot to be desired, I'm not a fussy eater but but I found hard pushed to eat it,as for the drink you expect to get the cheap stuff in all inc but the beer was good heartburn and the vodka I would not clean paint brushes in it.the hotel (in my option)is to big and outdated.like I know you get what you pay for but a lick paint would go amiss .when we stayed there were hen and stag parties ok in the day but 4.30 in the morning no thanks.this is for sure a marmite hotel and yes we come into the .sorry to all the people who like it

Room Tip: Half way down the hill left hand side is Lilly Langtry great food and drink.
1  Thank tinaandrich
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife & I have just returned from a week staying at Bali Hotel. This is a massive hotel situated up a short steep hill from the main drag. We had no complaints regarding our stay: we stayed in a Self Catering Studio & the facilities were more than adequate and the room was extremely spacious(worth paying the little extra for). All the staff were good & there seemed some good effort in keeping guests happy throughout the day with entertainment quizzes etc, the bar closes at 1am. A separate quiet ish room is popular with those wishing to play cards and board games or watch TV(Spanish football). Sky Sports available in main bar area and Sky News available in the rooms. All in all a great stay in this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DudleyLen
vandamed, Guest Relations at MedPlaya Hotel Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear DudleyLen,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Medplaya Hotel Bali and for taking the time to share your comments with us through the TripAdvisor.com. We are happy to hear about your satisfaction with the Studio room. As you say, the room is spacious and can accommodate up to 4 people. Our staff daily strives to offer excellent service in friendly atmosphere.

Once again thanks for reviewing Hotel Bali and we look forward to welcoming you soon.

Kind regards,

Vanda Lehnerova
Guest Relations Medplaya Hotels

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here for 7 nights on half board basis. Rooms we were allocated turned out to be self catering, which offered masses of space, and obviously the means to have a brew and snacks withou being overcrowded, even though there was 6 in our group. Very large comfy beds and spotless. Plenty of wardrobe space and large bathroom. Cleaned 4 times during our stay by fiendly staff. Food was of high quality with mounds of choice for all tastes. Even though a large majority of Spanish persons use this hotel, I repeat that food matched all tastes with some picky eaters in our lot. Not me, I can devour most things or at least try to. Entertainment every night for those who require, 2 good pools and leisure areas. 200 yard stiff climb from the main coast road, but even with an active 82yr old ok at slower pace. Nice and handy for all facilities.

Room Tip: Block 3 is for self catering and are large smart rooms. No much sunbathing this side as it faces ea...
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We go to Costa Del Sol every March for some winter sun. The weather was certainly hot (except for last day).. We had not stayed at the Bali before but we knew it was very popular with british guests. I have never stayed at a hotel that was so packed before. There were Hen parties, stag parties, golfers, footballers, couples and a large amount of Spanish. As l understand this is their holiday week..The hotel catered for every different client. The staff were professional and efficient. All were great. Special mention goes to Pedro on reception. What a massive smile he has. Nothing too much trouble. Thanks Pedro.
The food was a selection to suit every taste. All food was fresh and well presented. The entertainment team were very good. Inviting everyone to join in all activities during the day and evening. They work very hard. The professional entertainment was varied and entertaining. My husband and l never stay in hotels and watch the entertainment. However, at this hotel, we stayed every night. I cannot believe we did it. The bar area is very large to accommodate everyone. All seats had bums on. It was really good. Even though it was "all inclusive", there was no trouble at all. Even the hen and stag parties were well behaved.
The ro om was basic and clean. We had an amazing sea view. Bathroom a tad small but we managed. Always hot water. Room cleaned every day.
I must say, l think Benaldamena has seen better days. I'm not sure how busy it is in the summer but in March ( when we go) we find more places are closing down. Although the Marina is always a joy to see.
In the Bali, we were in a happy hotel. The atmosphere amongst guests was electric. Everyone was so friendly My husband and l don't usually mingle with guests except to say hello. It was different here. We mingled and chatted with so many people. Everyone we spoke to was planning on returning "same time next year". I can see why..
To spend a week at the Bali is a holiday in itself. You can be in the "Bali world".....
Only 1 downsdie for us was the room we were given was in the annex and we would have preffered the main building. We were offered a swap but declined as we could not be bothered to pack again and we loved our sea view. The youngsters were in the annex and in the afternoon (when we like to take a nap), it was quite noisy. I have to say however, they were very quiet at night.......
All in all we would go back to the Bali

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view
3  Thank eileen7127
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My friend and I have just returned from a weeks break ,we found the hotel very clean but thought it could have done with a bit of a brighten up ,the staff were wonderful and very helpful ,the room was smaller than we were use to but comfortable ,the food was lovely catering for everyones taste ,we went A I so every thing was found so no extra expense ,over all a nice break , would think twice about going in the height of the season as the hotel is so big one little gripe the time went too quick

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed at the Bali hotel last June (a bit late leaving the review sorry) with my husband and two boys aged 11 and 7. We'd never stayed All inclusive before so were a bit weary and having read a few bad reviews, really didn't know what to expect. But to our delight, the hotel was fantastic, the food - plenty to choose from and not repetative, the service was excellent, and the best of all was the entertainment staff who worked very long hours and were always happy and polite, the kids loved them especially our youngest. We didnt have any complaints whatsoever, the rooms are quite basic, but hey, we were only there to wash, change and sleep. I would definitely recommend this hotel, well worth your money. Oh and as for the hill, I needed it, to walk off all the lovely food I'd eaten!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family