MedPlaya Hotel Bali
  • Restaurant
Aptos. San Carlos(Benalmadena)
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
Royal Oasis Club(Costa del Sol)
3,120 results
All reviewscardiac hillbar staffsunny viewdirty dancinghalf boardentertainment teamcrispy baconplenty of choicestar hotelmed playasea viewbonanza squarespanish pensionersmain barfussy eatergreat holidayself catering
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife, 16 year old son and I stayed at the Bali from 2nd to 7th June-a short stay for our 25th wedding anniversary. This was our second visit and the fact that we booked the Bali for such a special occasion should speak volumes. We loved it and were not disappointed.

We emailed the hotel prior to depature and on arrival got the pool/sea view we requested.

Our room was fairly basic and on the smallish side for 3 adults (as we knew it would be) but was spotlessly clean, more than adequate for our stay and what we paid for it. The Bali is at least a good standard 3 star hotel.

We went for the all inclusive option before travelling as this really is a no brainer and excellent value for money. The locally produced drinks were of a good standard, e.g. San Miguel/bottled house wine and the food was good although perhaps the childrens choice could be extended by having a couple of trays of things like chicken nuggets,pizza,burgers etc. Don't get me wrong, the food was great but other hotels have small children's buffet's which work well.

The staff were very friendly, hard working and really couldn't do enough for us. The entertainment staff were particularly hard working and talented.

We thought that the public areas were well kept and the pools well maintained and clean. We had no problem getting sunbeds and there was plenty of room.

Having heard about the hotel from us, our relatives booked a weeks stay (they're still there at time of writing) and like us, enjoying themselves.

There were no hen/stag parties when we were there. There was a football tournament in Benalmadena and some children's teams staying in the hotel at the weekend but they were well behaved so no issues there.

Overall, a great hotel, great location and well worth trying. Would we go back? Absolutely!

Room Tip: If you have any special requirements, email the hotel before you travel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
vandamed, RRPP at MedPlaya Hotel Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear BigSteevo,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Bali as your holiday accommodation in Benalmádena Costa and for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your All Inclusive holiday and that the hotel met your expectations in every aspect. Our priority is to offer value for money and enjoyable holiday for all ages.
We look forward to welcoming you again, hopefully very soon.

Kind regards,

Vanda
Guest Relations Medplaya Hotels

Reviewed 27 July 2014

i stayed in this hotel 15th july for a week overall it was ok did have some problems we were in a party of 15 and spread out all over level 1 block 2 and 1 room on level 2 which was me asked for the same floor as the others and reception were very good and changed me bad points i did have a problem with th food although there was several choices it just wsnt for me so ended up eating out alot the bar staff at the entertainment side never smiled and just seemed moody alot of the time my main problem was the lifts i have a wheelchair and there is only 2 small lifts for the whole of block 2 and the resturants you could only get the wheelchair and the person pushing in the lift waited over 25 mins one day to go down for lunch and when the lift did eventually stop on our floor there was always people in it so couldnt get the wheel chair in it my friend went to reception and told them our problem and the answer he got was we carnt do anything about it which meant we missed lunch that is the other reason we stopped going down there good points it wasnt far to the beach shops and resturants i hired a mobility scooter for the week which easily got me up and down the big bank although we were only on floor one in block 2 we had a beautiful pool and sea view and was really quiet apart from one night overall would i stay here again maybe yes if the lift situation was sorted but not all inclusive

Room Tip: go for block 2 lovely sea and pool views
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Allison S

Dear Allison S,

Thanks for being our guest and for reviewing Medplaya Hotel Bali. We are sorry to hear that you had a problem to get into the restaurant. Most of the times guests don't wait for a lift, however it may happen that on certain hours we experience congestion. Regarding the friendliness of our staff, we pay attention to politeness and commitment in all we do and this reflects in the rating of our services. We daily strive to offer best service possible to all our guests and make improvements.

Thanks again for reviewing Hotel Bali and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Should you have any questions or doubts, do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Vanda
Guest Relations Medplaya Hotels

Reviewed 25 July 2014

definitely 3 star. don't expect 4 star standards; the food is generally very good buffet style but you can't get coffee or tea with your evening meal. You can't even buy one at the restaurant bar. The breakfast 'fruit juice' is just sugar flavoured cordial. There are no hot drink making facilities in the rooms, (coffee, tea) and no free Wi-Fi at all. However, the price I paid still made it a good deal so you need to get 1/2 board as cheaply as possible.

Room Tip: if you want quiet you need a room NOT overlooking the pool or entertainment area.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Went to this hotel in July with 2 children aged 9 and 12. We had booked half-board but upgraded to all-inclusive on arrival as it was such a great deal. I was very glad we had as the kids could eat and drink whenever they liked. We have been to many all-inclusive hotels and this has been the best. I would rate this hotel a 4 star at least. I must thank the barman Juan Martin for being so personable and fun. The entertainment was the best we have ever come across, the nightly shows went way beyond our expectations. Dan, Murray,Tina, Precious and the rest of the team were fantactic. We would definately go back to this hotel and anyone that finds fault are just too hard to please.

Room Tip: The market in Fuengirola is worth a train trip.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank SmythFamily_33
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

A lovely clean hotel, the room we got overlooked the pool with a sea view.
Surprisingly there were ample sun loungers & parasols and the expected morning towel reserving wasn't required.
The entertainment on an evening was of a good standard.
Children's entertainment jumped from little ones to adults teens need to make friends or go with one to keep themselves entertained.
Bar prices are not ridiculous if you opt for half board as we did. We certainly didn't spend the difference between half board & all inc prices.
There were no stag or hen parties in residence just families.
The dining room was immaculate the food was variable only 2 nights out of the seven did I have to take my son elsewhere to eat (I guess that fantastic looking at it like that) I can always find something (willing to try anything).
There is a short steep hill to where it levels off to the main road where bars shops etc start cross over the road down some steps to the beautiful sea front .. A 10 /15m stroll will take you to the marina & shopping arcade.
We took an hours boat ride and saw the dolphins for €10 each and got a drink on board.
I would return again but would like reassurance I was in Bali 2 there are 3