“A lovely hotel with lovely staff…”

Hotel Apartamentos Vistamar
Coventry
“A lovely hotel with lovely staff…”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I’ve just returned from a week long holiday at this fabulous hotel. My wife and I went half board, the food was buffet style for breakfast and evening meal. There was plenty of choice, and I must admit it was cooked really well, if fact, I would say delicious. The room was a studio with lots of room, there was a settee that can be made up into a third bed. Kitchen area was ample for cooking, which we did not use, and a full sized fridge was excellent to store our treats – beers etc. The hotel was spotless and quiet which is a massive plus for this resort. Finally, I must congratulate the staff, they were magnificent from reception, to restaurant and cleaners; they are a credit to this super hotel. I will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Coco's bar is just down the road, it is spot on for watching sport in the evening and the food i...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Beloved58

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just returned from a last minute budget week and what a fantastic place Vistamar is. We couldn't believe how clean, friendly and how good the food was. We had 2 one bedrooms apartments which had everything in and more - cleanliness was of a particularly high standard and our room overlooked the pool which we would recommend asking for - this was at no extra cost.
Just opposite a lovely spot on the beach- brilliant.
Would highly recommend this venue and will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Therickfamily
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We booked an apartment at Vistamar and although it wasn't very big there was enough space for three people. The apartment had a kitchenette which we didn't use because we had booked three meals a day at the hotel restaurant. We got a nice view of the beach and there was a little balcony where it was shady and cool during the day. The rooms were very clean, bathroom was nice and spotless, but the only thing I didn't like about the apartment was the sofa. It turned into a really hard, uncomfortable bed. The mattress was lumpy and it was the only negative thing I have to say about the room.
On arrival we waited at the reception for a bit before getting our room. They were very nice and quick, although the receptionist seemed to have trouble speaking English, so I ended up talking to her in Spanish. Maybe she was new. There was someone else at the front desk the next day and she spoke English just fine:)
I thought the food was good and the service was great. The waiters were very nice and attentive. Some days we had our lunch on the terrace, overlooking the pool. There were many different dishes. We stayed for a week and everyday they would serve something different. We were really pleased with the hotel restaurant.
The pool area is small but it wasn't crowded. There was no fee as we had the all inclusive package. There was a stocked bar where I had a few good cocktails after coming from the pool. There was also a tiny library. I got a hilarious book to read on the beach:) I preferred the beach as it was only minutes away and it was really beautiful.
The hotel's location is great, we had a very pleasant stay and the service was excellent. Overall, it was a great holiday.
A little tip: the Paloma Park and the Selwo Marina are not far from the hotel. They're across the street from the Bellagio hotel. I loved both! I highly recommend a visit, especially if you're bringing the children:)!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Alexandra P
dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Myself, husband and 2 boys stayed here over the Easter from the 16th-23rd April in a one bedroom apartment. My mother also stayed in a studio apartment. We arrived at about 11am and were promptly checked in. We found our room to be clean and big. We had requested a room near to my mother and we were situated on the 7th floor, rooms 709 & 714 which was the top floor. We were booked in as half board which we found great, it can get a bit monotonus towards the end of the week but it is great when you are travelling with kids. We always found something to eat. Any encounters we had with the hotel staff were pleasant especially the chamber maid on our floor. She was so friendly and our room was cleaned everyday and fresh towels everyday was great. The pool area was also very well kept and clean. We only used the hotel bar once but again the service was very good. All in all we loved the hotel and will probably return. There is a hill at the entrance but once you can access the car park it makes it easier the only draw back is that the gate is closed quite early approx 10.30pm.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank MBrowne78
Riga
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Our family members had booked their holidays already when we decided to join them and booked the same hotel. On booking I added request to have our room close to the rest of the family or at least on the same floor, however on arrival reception didn't have any records of my request and we were given a room 2 floors higher. When I pulled out my printed booking confirmation with request on it, reception girl absolutely ignored it and just handed our keys, no apology or excuse...
Room was nice and clean with a small balcony facing neighbouring hotel's pool. Bed was quite hard and there were lack of pillows. Bathroom clean and well stocked.
As we had a Half board booked, we had a breakfast and dinner every day. Restaurant staff were absolute opposite to unfriendly reception, every day we were greeted with a smile, hand shake and very friendly attitude. Especially Antonio - he wouldn't have been more friendly, welcoming. Breakfast/ dinner buffet was always very well stocked with variety of food/ fresh vegetables/ fruits available to satisfy everyone. In six days menu never repeated.
Almost every night there was an entertainment show at the bar - live music, magic show, flamenco show, nice when you want to relax, have a drink after hot day at the pool.
Pool was great, well maintained and not overcrowded.
Our holiday was lasting great until I decided to buy an internet voucher. It was €5 for three hours (!!!), I was asked my room number by receptionist at the time of the purchase which I gave (top 8th floor), he took the money and printed a voucher. When I went up to my room, my phone wouldn't even pick up WiFi signal. I went back to reception (4th floor) to ask for assistance when the same guy explained me that Wifi signal can not be picked up on higher floors and I will need to use it in the bar or at reception area!!! Why did he ask me my room number if he knew it's not going to work in my room?!? And again - no apology or anything. And then he came up with the "best" - he told me if I have any complaints, I can fill out the form in my room and leave it there on my departure!!! This type of attitude is absolutely unacceptable, I work in a hotel industry myself and if there are some issues we are doing everything to fix them to make sure there are no guests leaving unsatisfied!
I would stay there only because of such a nice restaurant staff - I would give them 10 out of 10, but reception staff let this hotel down by their unfriendly, unhelpful and rude attitude - that's why I'm only giving 3 stars.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank RigaBaby
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a week over Easter and room and bathroom were clean, rooms were big, at breakfast and dinner there wasn't a great selection and it could've been warmer, also it could've had free wifi at reception like some of the other hotels near by, it was good that there were shops and a Burger King just round the corner

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank _Tourist_217
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Are seconed visit to this hotel and we have already booked to go back in August. Very clean brilliant receptionist, fab location. Huge supermarket just behind burger king lot's of lovely restaurants. Can always get a sunbed even in August can't praise it enough worthy of its 4stars I'll be coming here time and time again!! For the price it's outstanding. Lovely relaxing holiday

Room Tip: Ask for a pool or sea view otherwise you will be looking over the road
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family