Benalmadena Palace Spa
Very Good 4/5
Good 3.5/5
  • Beachfront
2,388 results
All reviewsindoor poolsteep hillself cateringsnack barkids clubsloping ceilingmini clubshort cutsauna and steam roomthe underground car parkburger kingfootball pitchhalf boardgames roomfoam partyparrot showone bedroom apartment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 April 2014

brilliant hotel, cannot fault one thing, clean, tidy, great staff, good food, great coffee, clean rooms and more.
would recommend fully.
just went in march with myself and mother but booking to go back again in september with all the family.
the hill is a bit steep but me and my mam managed it everyday, sometimes twice and shes 67, good exercise !!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tracy955
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Fantastic hotel. Staff excellent. Cannot fault it at all.Very helpfull. The only downfall was the hill, especially after a few litres of sangria!! Would deffinatly stay at this hotel again. Room 507 was nice and quiet. sun in the afternoon till evening. Room kept spotlessly clean. Excellent!!

1  Thank noonoo67
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I had a 3 nights stay with my husband for his birthday at the end of March. The hotel is up a fairly short steep hill although once you have checked in and have your room card you can enter through the indoor car park and up in the lift which takes away the steepest bit of the climb. The hotel appears clean enough. The rooms are cleaned 3 times a week. We had clean towels, beds made and bins emptied daily. Pool towels can be hired with a 10 euros deposit which is returned to you when you take the towel back to reception.
All the staff we encountered were friendly enough. Service at the bar and restaurant was efficient. The bar had a happy hour from 5 till 6pmThe food was good at breakfast with plenty of choice of hot and cold food. Dinner was not quite as good. The meat was not always cooked to my liking. I did however always find something I could eat. The desserts were quite nice.
The pool area was ok. I preferred the older sun beds as the new ones were very hard and uncomfortable. The hotel is located at the far end of the resort. About 2 miles from the marina. It is walkable though in around 30 minutes. It's a nice part of the resort with a few nearby bars in the area. I probably would stay at the hotel again if the price was right.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We have just returned from a 3 week stay for the third year running. Every year we find something that has been improved upon as this hotel has a constant programme of improvement and maintenance. As always, we were very pleased with all aspects of our stay. All staff are very pleasant, the hotel is spotless and apartments have the beds made and bins emptied every day. I would have scored an "excellent" but just a few small points keep me from scoring higher. Firstly, new sunbeds were provided last year and although they look very stylish, they are far too hard and uncomfortable. This was evident this year when most people went for the older style beds. Maybe they could be improved by supplying soft mattresses. Secondly, although the apartments are superb they are a bit dated and could be improved by updating the kitchen doors (there is just too much brown wood). Lastly I have to say that the entertainment in the evening, although great if you only stay for one week, gets a bit tedious after seeing the same acts doing the same thing year after year as they only have a one week programme. However, we cannot praise the bar staff enough - Sergio, Simon and Manuel kept us entertained every night and Patrice from the entertainment staff is a great guy. However these negative points are very minor and certainly do not put us off going back year after year as the staff more than make up for them. We didn't use the restaurant this year but the food is excellent and reasonably priced. We visited lots of places this year using the public transport system which is excellent and reasonably priced. Be sure to visit Mijas, Benalmadena Pueblo, Rhonda and of Malaga - all just a bus ride away. Looking forward to our annual visit next year.

4  Thank RonzPerth_Scotland
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I've just returned from a six night stay at the Benalmadena Palace. First impressions were very good with a nicely decorated, light and stylish reception area. The rooms are quite spacious with nice, big balconies. Although they are clean and have everything you need, I felt that the rooms lacked character and were not as nice as some other 4 star accommodation in the area. Although we had half board, all of the rooms are apartments and are well equipped for anyone wishing to cook. For us it was nice to have a fridge and a kettle in the room.

The hotel has a lot of facilities, many aimed at families with children. We made use of the pool area and it is really nice - spacious, clean and well maintained but may be cramped in high season. The food in the hotel was excellent both in quality and selection with a varied menu throughout the stay. However, the service in the restaurant was not what I expect of a 4 star hotel - on almost every occasion, breakfast and dinner, we had to set our own table! I could not understand why the staff changed the tablecloths but did not put out knives and forks. I also think that a 4 star accommodation should use linen napkins instead of paper serviettes.

There was an entertainment programme every evening but 3 nights out of 6, this involved animal shows (parrots, reptiles and eagles) which didn't appeal to us. The only night we stayed in the bar, there were 2 very amateur singers on and the whole thing reminded me of a holiday camp! The decor and furniture in the bar also added to the image.

The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay especially on the reception. Overall, it's a good hotel but lacks the finishing touches that make a great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends