First impressions weren´t great. The reception area stank of stale smoke and was pretty dark and uninviting. Reception staff were averagely friendly - not rude but not overly warm or professional either. We only stayed for one night and were put in a room on the side of the hotel facing the road. It was a good size with a kitchen area well equipped with kettle, toaster and microwave. There was also a sofa with a very small plasma tele. The shower pressure was very low and the complementary bath products were very difficult to open! Bed covers were noticeably worn, one of the bath towels was dirty with toothpaste stains and parts of the walls looked in need of a good scrub. There was a small balcony with a partial lateral view of the sea. Very noisy day and night despite double-glazed windows, due to the busy road and nearby clubs and bars. You could also hear other guests loudly through the walls. All in all, for the price you pay the quality of the accommodation is satisfactory but don´t expect much more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartments MS Alay, were completely refurbished in 2009 and are located by the sea in front of the Benalmádena Costa Marina and alongside the promenade. It is a unique enclave which lets you enjoy your holidays on the Costa del Sol , whilst being near tourist attractions. Benalmádena Marina has received the distinguish of “Best Marina in the World” twice, an award given by specialised international magazines, it also has the Blue Flag for Cleanest Seas in Europe, thanks to the quality of its amenities and its waters.Apartments MS Alay has one bedroom apartments with ample front rooms, internal telephone, international TV, air conditioning and heating, American kitchen totally equipped with a fridge, microwave, glass-ceramic hob and a full bathroom. The one bedroom apartments also have a sofa bed in the front room.All the apartments have terraces. Ask about the supplement for an additional bed to sleep 4 people. The MS Alay studios come equipped with internal telephone, international TV, air conditioning and heating, American kitchen totally equipped with a fridge, microwave, glass-ceramic hob and a full bathroom. All the studios have terraces.Ask about the supplement for an additional bed to sleep 3 people. Check in: 14:00Check out: 12:00 CHILDREN AND ADDITIONAL BEDChildren under 2 years of age are freeAdditional beds and cots are available only on request. The Hotel has to confirm availability.No animals allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your MS Alay Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ms Alay Apartments Hotel Benalmadena
- MS Alay Apartments Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol