Up at 4.30am for an early morning flight from Newcastle to Malaga, followed by a 20 minute taxi ride to arrive at 11am (ish) and when the taxi pulled up outside and although we'd only paid £75 for 3 nights bed only, I thought we 'd been ripped off. The door was squeezed beside a small tat shop and an Asian "Massage" parlour. No we didn't try it!The rest of the shops spread out either side so there is no grand marble entrance with a Bell Boy waiting for you. I can be accused of expecting a lot but this looked poor. I WAS WRONG. Inside the receptionist sorted us out a room for 8 middle aged (we still look good though!) men to get into shorts for a lunchtime beer (we had 6) whilst the rest of our 4 rooms were getting cleaned. And cleaned they were, every day for 3 days, you don't get that in some 4 star pads! The rooms at the back of the hotel overlook the pool and are quieter, ours had 2 balconies. The pool itself is a decent size and has a snack bar, but you do pay for your beds 1.8 euros a day. The rest of the hotel is of a similar standard and I CANNOT complain (& I DO like a moan) the staff were friendly, helpful & remembered my room number for me, which is handy at 3 in the morning after a 12 hour drinking session! The location is great as its 5 minutes from the Marina, Beach or Bars. The Marina is top class if you want to avoid the louder bars in the squares and very chill out. We went to Rena's Bar near 24 hour square (I think, I had a few beers by then so memory a bit hazy) which is the Sunderland FC supporters bar and was great watching SAFC (except the result was a defeat and Di Canio got sacked). We also went to the OLD Town (Peublo) which is very quaint and Spanishiy! All in All a great Trip and MS ALAY played its part, well worth staying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartments MS Alay, were completely refurbished in 2009 and are located by the sea in front of the Benalmádena Costa Marina and alongside the promenade. It is a unique enclave which lets you enjoy your holidays on the Costa del Sol , whilst being near tourist attractions. Benalmádena Marina has received the distinguish of “Best Marina in the World” twice, an award given by specialised international magazines, it also has the Blue Flag for Cleanest Seas in Europe, thanks to the quality of its amenities and its waters.Apartments MS Alay has one bedroom apartments with ample front rooms, internal telephone, international TV, air conditioning and heating, American kitchen totally equipped with a fridge, microwave, glass-ceramic hob and a full bathroom. The one bedroom apartments also have a sofa bed in the front room.All the apartments have terraces. Ask about the supplement for an additional bed to sleep 4 people. The MS Alay studios come equipped with internal telephone, international TV, air conditioning and heating, American kitchen totally equipped with a fridge, microwave, glass-ceramic hob and a full bathroom. All the studios have terraces.Ask about the supplement for an additional bed to sleep 3 people. Check in: 14:00Check out: 12:00 CHILDREN AND ADDITIONAL BEDChildren under 2 years of age are freeAdditional beds and cots are available only on request. The Hotel has to confirm availability.No animals allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your MS Alay Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ms Alay Apartments Hotel Benalmadena
- MS Alay Apartments Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol