“Best view in town”

Price range: US$18 - US$41
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary, Bar, Cafe
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Blankko is a restaurant located on the Costa de Sol with a new management since May 2017, which has changed the concept of the restaurant. The privileged location of Blankko makes it ideal for any celebration, making it a unique and unforgettable experience for you and your guests. We celebrate weddings, communions, tastings, small celebrations, baptisms, dinners, company lunches ... Our cuisine is Mediterranean with high quality products. Blankko is the perfect place to relax and enjoy an exquisite menu with the Mediterranean sea at your feet. You can book on our website for any type of private event.
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

A beautiful restaurant ideally close to the main coast road if you know where to find it. Sophisticated, intelligent design and a stunning view. The manager and all the staff were open, friendly and attentive. An outdoor restaurant and bar with infinity view complete with manicured lawn, deck chairs, been bags and sun shades. The food was also very good and the cod and prawn special delicious. Perfect atmosphere when the Bob Marley was planning. Unfortunately lost it when the mothers from the nearby play group came with their children! Lunch or dinner but not school closing time might be best to visit

1  Thank Douglas H

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Have been to blankko many times for drinks as we live in the area but this was the first time we had eaten there. The venue itself is beautiful and has fantastic views over the coastline. It has a very relaxed and chilled vibe about the place, lots of comfy seating to sit and take in the wonderful scenery. They have a good cocktail menu too of which we tried quite a few! The staff were good and happy to put together a cocktail with ingredients we suggested which was nice of them.
The food itself is a little lacklustre, I expected a little more simply because the place itself is so lovely. My partner and I shared king prawn croquettes to start which were very nice but nothing special. My partner decided on the steak for his main. He loves a good steak and he wasn't that impressed with the cut itself, a tad chewy. Our friend who also opted for the steak, asked for hers to be cooked well done and it came out very rare. Needless to say the staff were happy to take it back to the kitchen. I opted for the lamb skewer which was ok if a little plain due to no seasoning or flavouring. It came with vegetables and some rice with a few raisins and pine nuts in. Shame they hadn't done something a little extra with the rice as it could have really lifted the dish. All in all an ok meal but for the price (my lamb was €17) I don't think they are in comparison with some other restaurants in the area doing better food at a cheaper price. It was all a little basic. Dont get me wrong, we don't mind paying, if its good! So we would say definitely go for drinks and a bit of chill time with friends to take in the beautiful surroundings but maybe go somewhere else after for food.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Saturday 12 July Blankko promised to “Rock You” and so they did! The venue itself is absolutely beautiful, with amazing views of the coast and North Africa, making it a unique location on this side of the coast. On arrival we were greeted by a new manageress (much needed) and escorted to our table. We started off with a bottle of cava and some aperitifs before ordering our meal. As starters I had the avocado and mango tartar salad; fresh, light, very summery and ideal to open up my appetite as I was saving myself once more for the steak. My partner went for the croquettes of prawn pil-pil of which I managed to pinch one (so much for saving myself for the steak ;-) ); smooth and not swimming in oil as you sometimes get in other places. Fillet steak with Rioja red wine and honey sauce cooked to perfection and tataki of red tuna for my more adventurous partner which she truly enjoyed. Our friends had decided on sharing Iberian ham with cheese and had opted for the hake and the lamb skewers with rice. The hake was cooked in a white wine sauce which I will definitely try next time we come back. All washed down with a couple of bottles of Ribera del Duero. Both couples shared a brownie and a carrot cake (we more like fought over them) which arrived towards the end of the opening act and then the show started.

One and a half hour of thorough entertainment with a great Freddie impersonator. He had the crowd from the word go, having them sing and dance along to all his famous songs. The crowd interaction was fantastic with him inviting some guests of a nearby table to join him on stage. The staff were very attentive at all times making sure we never had empty glasses. After the show we stayed along to have some of their famous mojitos which took us up to almost 2 a.m. We really needed somewhere like Blankko on this side of the coast. All in all a great evening with a fantastic atmosphere. We are really looking forward to returning.

4  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We ate here several times and the staff were excellent very helpful and friendly. We enjoyed the food and their house red is fab as long as you ask for it to be removed from the fridge to warm up.

It has a great view and a very nice seating area looking out over the sea. We are returning to the area in October and we will make the effort to return

2  Thank KLM820
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel we stopped at used this
Restaurant for our evening meal and I have to say what a way to be introduced to a jewel in the crown of torremuelle. The staff and the management offered the warmest of welcomes and the friendliest service I've had in a long time !! All the staff including managers made every effort to ensure our meals were delivered to our table in a good time and perfect presentation. All this and a beautiful terrace type garden to relax in after your meal you couldn't ask for any better.
Many thanks.