All reviews great hosts small square lovely hotel spanish village small hotel small balcony bed was very comfortable coffee machine bars and restaurants great shower convenient location door step lovely room top floor la fonda on arrival stayed here for nights
Reviewed 25 June 2017

We had a wonderful time at Boutique hotel Pueblo. Christine is a great host, she makes you feel at home from minute one! The room and the bed were perfect, including great airco, something you need in warm Spain! The prived authentic balcony with view of the village was the cream on the cake. We really hope to come back some day.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Roger B, Owner at Hotel Pueblo - Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

We would love to see you back and are happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

A homely, stylish and comfortable haven from which to explore Malaga. Our hosts, Roger and Christine were extremely welcoming and hospitable. Our room was spotless, spacious and had a small balcony with a sea view. Facilities were more than adequate, with a coffee machine and selection of teas in the room, and a well stocked bar fridge. The room was serviced daily. Breakfast was an optional extra, and well presented in the little lounge / dining room, while watching the world go by on the street outside. A short drive to the beach, but proximal to a myriad of restaurants and shops in the "old town", and with easy access to public transport.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Roger B, Owner at Hotel Pueblo - Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Thank you for your lovely detailed review. We enjoyed having you here and appreciate the time you took to write a review.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

Spending 5 nights in this lovely hotel and couldn't ask for a better location or more comfy room.
Large sun trap of a balcony makes for a totally relaxing evening after a day of sight seeing
Bed comfortable ,shower good ,friendly hosts- can't ask for any thing else.
Plenty of restuarants in the area.
Totally enjoyed our stay here.

Room tip: Ask for a large balcony
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Roger B, Owner at Hotel Pueblo - Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

We are really happy you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your lovely review.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

I have seen some bad reviews recently which I think is a shame.
The Pueblo I agree is more a B&B than a Hotel but we paid a reasonable price for our rooms (2) and I guess I was lucky as I had Room 1 which was a nice little double looking out over the pretty Square.
We only stayed for one night and had planned to return later in our trip but a minor medical problem prevented it.
The décor was cheerful the bed very comfortable.
Nice Bathroom which was clean and tidy.
It's not a resort hotel and doesn't pretend to be. I guess that's why we stayed there.
A few nice places to eat nearby tucked away in the small streets.
I would certainly stay again for a stopover if I am in the area.

Room tip: Room 1 - quiet and attractive. Least number of stairs
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank BrynEastSx

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your positive comments. Our aim is to give our guests a happy and comfortable stay.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

I had intended to write this the other day - only to see someone else has written a very similar review. I can assure everyone we are not in the same party or have ever met – believe it or not!

Positives are; good communication on booking and prior to arrival, clean rooms and bathroom (lovely Argentinian gentleman seeing to the rooms), large terrace overlooking a lovely Plaza, close to all the bars/restaurants in this charming town.

Negatives; did not appreciate being asked to settle in full for 2 nights on arrival, no offer of help getting my case up the stairs of the entrance on arrival, Room 6 for this first night was VERY SMALL - yes we were able to upgrade to Room 8 after a sleepless night at an extra cost! My husband is less than 6 foot tall, but his legs were over the end of the bed - and there was very little room around the bed! No one on reception as the owners lived across the road, so a rather 'dead' atmosphere and finally did not like the way I was made to feel a bit awkward for complaining about the room - to the point of being asked to take our smaller duvet into the room with the King size bed, even though it didn't fit properly, so as to reduce their laundry!! Not something I have ever experienced in any HOTEL. Also whilst the small room had a decent size bath, the bath in Room 8 was minute, even for me at 5’3’’!

Luckily we found a beautiful, luxury hotel in town, La Fonda, which despite being 30 euro per night more; included a wonderful breakfast (we had no breakfast included), swimming pool and so much more! Had we not been obliged to pay for our whole stay up front, we should have relocated there this time, but will definitely do so if we visit this delightful little town again...

Room tip: Room 8 as it has a decent size bed and overlooks the plaza.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank johnwendywoo
Roger B, Owner at Hotel Pueblo - Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Thank you for your positive comments. I will just need to explain a few of your other comments. As I had no credit card details for your booking I needed to take a payment up front. I also normally take payment as I do not put a block on the card as most hotels will. They check your card to ensure that it is valid and has funds. All payments are taken up front for the accommodation and is standard procedure our guests have no problem with this. On the website the size of the beds are listed in the rooms. Your room had a standard double bed and unfortunately as the building is over 100 years old we do have to work with what we have. I did think we had done the change in a pleasant way and we really got the other room ready for you as quickly as possible with 2 of us cleaning the room so you would not have to wait. You cannot compare a 2 star hotel with a 4 star hotel as you are not comparing “apples with apples”. The difference is €42.50 for their double room just to keep the facts right.