“Very good for couples.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very good for couples.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

We were looked after very well and thought the staff were the best thing about this hotel. Nothing was too much trouble and it´s the only place we´ve stayed where even the cleaners are cheerful and say hello when you pass them. Everywhere was very clean and well maintained. The outside areas are lovely. Nice swimming pool and bar with sun shades and good sun beds. The room was super. Clean, big bed, nice bathroom and a decent size. I agree with all the good comments about the food and restaurant. A massive choice and extremely well presented with fruit carvings and new things to try every night. Breakfast was enough to keep us going through till dinner! Again great staff and a pleasure to dine there. The location is great and very convenient and the area of the port is lovely. We would definitely think about staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue H
MacHotels, Manager at Hotel Mac Puerto Marina Benalmadena, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
We are grateful for your fantastic review and very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Mac Puerto Marina hotel. We also wish to thank you for the nice comments about the service, cleanliness and food.

We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Hotel manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Finnish first
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

I recently visited Benalmadena for the Costa Del Folk Festival and although the event was being held in a different hotel, I'd heard good reviews of this one and with it being slightly cheaper and available on a package deal, I decided to book this instead...and what a great decision...

When I arrived to check in, the reception staff were very friendly and gave some helpful advice about the hotel, the free wifi and eating arrangements, but what really sweetened the deal for me was the complimentary glass of champagne I was treated to - a lovely welcome :)

The room itself was spacious, airy and clean, plus I had a telly - always good for those 'dead hours' during the festival! I also had a balcony, but most impressive of all, I had complimentary water, juice and beer in the mini bar - boom - winner!

I was pleasantly surprised to discover I'd booked the holiday on half board and was entitled to a dinner sitting and breakfast each day. Sadly I can't speak for the breakfast as I was too lazy to get up in time for it, but I can certainly say the evening meals were plentiful and very tasty. There was everything from soups and salads to meats and fish, and for the veggies like me there were veggie pastas, ratatouille and pizzas to name a few dishes.

If I thought the main course was tasty, the desserts were a real treat, with everything from fruit and cheese and crackers to cakes, trifles, mousse and ice-cream...I'm drooling now just thinking about them!

For me, the hotel was in a perfect location - just a five-ten minute walk from the festival venue and right on the marina, so I could have a lovely potter along when I wasn't singing or dancing along to some of my favourite bands!

The only downside about this hotel was the noise - if you're a light sleeper, then I would recommend ear-plugs. It's not noise from outside the hotel, more from other guests and the cleaners moving furniture around in other rooms.

Overall a wonderful hotel, great staff, great food and a fabulous location. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend to fellow travellers.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Pumpkin_treacle
MacHotels, Manager at Hotel Mac Puerto Marina Benalmadena, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
On behalf of the hotel staff and myself we would like to thank you very much for sharing this magnificent and extensive review of hotel Mac Puerto Marina. Thank you for taking the time to write these nice comments about the staff, rooms, food and cleanliness.
We are absolutely delighted to hear that you would stay here again and for recommending our hotel.

Hopefully in the near future we will see you again at Mac Puerto Marina.

Consett
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

from booking in to leaving first class service
I had previously rang the hotel to request a high floor with sunny balcony , when I booked in the young lady offered me a glass of champagne juice or water confirmed they had been able to accommodate my requests .On arrival to my room oh Joy large clean with mini bar TV and 2 set of double glazed doors really quiet . The on suite bathroom fully equipped also providing shampoo shower gel shower cap and soap all replenished during the holiday stay
Room cleaned and serviced daily by very pleasant house keeping staff
Restaurant very efficient we received our personal table for the holiday duration all meals buffet style the menu extensive and varied catering for all types evening waiter service excellent ,and being able to charge wine and bar drinks to room account made life very easy
Bar entertainments lounge bright airy again efficient pleasant staff
My congratulations to the hotel director and all his staff and thank you for a pleasant 21 day stay
Would I return most certainly

Room Tip: ask for a high floor with sunny outlook
1 Thank pappaConsett
Thank you very much for taking the time to share this review with us in Tripadvisor. We are glad to read that our services offered were very satisfactory and that your 3-week stay was a very pleasant one. We also appreciate the nice comments about the staff, the food and the cleanliness.

We look forward to having you again next year.

Canillas de Albaida, Andalucia, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

We spent one night in this hotel and would definitely go again. The room was nicely furnished and the beds very comfortable. First class food for dinner and breakfast (buffet). Excellent value for money and super location by the Marina.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your fantastic review, it is nice to read so much satisfaction in so little words. We are delighted that you have had a great stay at our hotel and hope that we will greet you again soon.

Best regards,

Smarden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Very impressed with this hotel and especially the staff who work here. The reception is lovely and the lady was very polite and nice when we checked in. Our room was much bigger than expected and had a very nice bathroom, also big. The balcony was very nice to have as we sat out quite a lot and enjoyed looking at the swimming pool and all what was going on outside. We were half board and thought all the food was excellent. Great selection and we never got bored as they changed the dishes on a daily basis.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank valarie F
We are grateful for your wonderful review and are also delighted that you have enjoyed staying at hotel Mac Puerto Marina. It is nice to hear such nice feedback of our services and we appreciate the comments about the staff, the rooms and the food. It sure keeps us motivated to continue to improve and to offer our guests the best posible service.

We are looking forward to your return to Mac Puerto Marina.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Returned on 22.03.2014 from a seven night stay at this hotel. Really good location and excellent staff. The hotel is kept very clean and tidy. The food was a little bit limited on choice but what choice there was, was well cooked and well presented. We were in one of the rooms overlooking the road at the front and our balcony had two sets of doors ensuring virtually total silence from passing traffic.
My only criticism would be the tiled corridors where every latecomers or early leavers would rattle along with an audible echo. I accept that this has to be the case in many hotels but it is still not nice to woken up at 3am by someone with heels clip clopping along.
All in though this hotel represented excellent value. Most amazing was the Free W-fi in every room and the welcome pack of six drinks in the room fridge.
Another small point is none of the rooms have tea making facilities so if you like an impromptu drink take your own kettle.

Room Tip: Do not be put off by the rooms overlooking the road they really are soundproofed.
1 Thank PhilLs8
Your kind review of your hotel in Tripadvisor is very much appreciated, we are happy that you have spent a nice time with us. We are lucky to be located at such a beautiful marina indeed! Thank you also for your positive comments on our staff, the food and the cleanliness.

Hopefully we see you again soon.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

My mum had stayed here before and highly recommended it so we gave it a go. We were very happy with everything about this hotel. My boyfriend and I are quite fussy eaters but the buffet had so much variety it was easy to find things we liked and the waiters in the restaurant are so nice. You get allocated a table which I think is better, and our waiter memorised our names and even what beer we drank! Lovely room with lots of space and the idea of putting welcome drinks in the fridge is great. The location is fantastic as you can just go outside and walk everywhere. Really good flat beach side walk which was ideal for a fast walk every morning to get the appetite up for breakfast! Cannot fault this hotel and worth every penny.

1 Thank Laura B
Thank you very much for your wonderful review, we are glad the hotel lived up to your expectations and appreciate your positive comments about our staff, rooms and food.

Hopefully next year we will be able to greet both your mum and yourselves at the same time.