When we booked this hotel, for the price we paid (around £60 per night, half board, for 2), we were not expecting an awful lot to be honest. However, we were pleasantly surprised!!
The hotel is located in between a lovely sandy beach and a vibrant marina area, so perfect for days & nights out.
The hotel was immaculately clean, the staff were extremely polite, professional & attentive.
Having not gone half board for many years, we hadn't planned to actually use the restaurant, but thought we'd give it a go on the first night as we arrived quite late and the food was delicious!! We had breakfast there every morning, which ranged from continental to a full cooked breakfast. We ate dinner there 4/5 nights and each time we found the food to be excellent with a different option every time, with the buffet being regularly refreshed. There was food to suit every taste. The waiting staff were excellent; very quick & friendly service.
The pool and surrounding area was very clean and there was never any issues getting a sun-loungers, even late in the day. There is a pool bar but it is expensive (2.50 euros for a beaker of fanta!). No need to pack your own beach/pool towels as you can hire these from reception for just a refundable deposit of 10 euros.
The rooms were basic but kept spotlessly clean. All rooms have twin beds which are not the most comfy in the world. The aircon was awful (made noise but didn't get cold), so wouldn't like to rely on it during the summer months. There is a ceiling fan in the room, but again, very noisy. You are given a few complimentary drinks in your room on arrival which is a nice touch. Don't know how much it costs to replenish the drinks as never bothered, as there is a shop across the street.
There is a safe in the room, but you have to pay 2 euros per day to use it plus 10 euro deposit (which you of get back at the end if you keep your receipt).
The only other negative comment I would make about the hotel is that we asked to keep our room until 2pm rather than a midday check-out and they charge 40 euros, which is a bit of a rip off considering you only pay £60 for a whole night with breakfast & dinner included.
Overall a great day and would definitely recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beachfront 4-star hotel Mac Puerto Marina Benalmadena, with free WiFi, is located on the beach front and next to the marina, with its lively atmosphere and night life.The Malaga airport is also less than half an hour's drive away.This 4* hotel is ideal for breaks for couples in the Costa del Sol, offering 272 large rooms with terrace. The area of Benalmadena offers also the possibility to practice sport such as tennis, horse riding, bike renting, squash, aquatic sports, etc, but it is also well known for the 10 golf courses in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Mac Puerto Marina Benalmadena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Puerto Marina Benalmadena
- Hotel Mac Puerto Marina Benalmadena Costa Del Sol