I was really looking forward to staying at the hotel after seeing the pictures on the web and in some ways it didn't disappoint. The staff are brilliant and v friendly. after one day of trudging around in the rain looking for an indoor pool - we walked into arroyo de la meil to go to the ice/rink/pool only to find out from the owner of an english bar that it had closed allegedly due to 'legionairre's disease' (maybe this was a sick joke - who knows??) lovely annamaria on the desk arranged for us to go to the Riu Belplaya to use their pool - small but perfectly formed.
also enjoyed the food and the sittings...it was nice to know you had a table sorted out although it was next to the soup table and a bit annoying early evening when the soup rush was on...yes, the breakfasts are more of a scum and you do have to be quick off the mark to get fresh eggs before your dining competitors but no one leaves hungry, honest. and when you look at the prices in the resort you can hardly blame people for having seconds...or thirds...or fourths...in some cases.
On the downside, the room are dismal...the best rooms overlook the pool but they get no light and i wonder - even in the summer - if this swimming pool area remains in the shade.
also...at the rsik of sounding offensive..it needs a darned good up-grade, revamp especially the rooms and i didn't like the internal fire escape metal stairs off the main corridors as they gave the hotel the look of a prison...i kept expecting someone to start knocking a metal cup against them to rouse us all in the morn.
and take loads of mossie spray...we did but we still got a lot of nibbles. they are terrible.
but i have to say the hotel really knows how to throw a new year's party...the gala dinner, complementary wine, cava etc was FABULOUS darling. had a fantastic night which almost made up for the slight disappointment of benalmadena and torremolinos as resorts - they are slightly jaded and down-at-heel but, because of exchange rate, sickeningly expensive.
Nothing to do with hotel or lovely staff we won't be going back Some of the hotel food was great but we like to eat out and its not possible now because of euro exchange rate without weeping into your calamare.
If this region is to survive the recession it needs makover FAST and the place to start is by taking that darned Burger King sign DOWN which ruins the peurto marina's view of the sea....it's not just as eye-sore...it's heartbreakingly sad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beachfront 4-star hotel Mac Puerto Marina Benalmadena, with free WiFi, is located on the beach front and next to the marina, with its lively atmosphere and night life.The Malaga airport is also less than half an hour's drive away.This 4* hotel is ideal for breaks for couples in the Costa del Sol, offering 272 large rooms with terrace. The area of Benalmadena offers also the possibility to practice sport such as tennis, horse riding, bike renting, squash, aquatic sports, etc, but it is also well known for the 10 golf courses in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Mac Puerto Marina Benalmadena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Puerto Marina Benalmadena
- Hotel Mac Puerto Marina Benalmadena Costa Del Sol