Never review hotels normally, but have made an exception!
2nd visit to this hotel - I loved it the first time (May 2007) and was looking forward to going back and it did not dissappoint! Amazingly a lot of the same staff were still their.
The welcome - complementary drink on arrival, much needed.
Room - basic but very clean and modern. The rooms on the main entrance side can be a bit noisy, we had one overlooking pool area - very very quiet! We have emailed both times to request pool view rooms.
Hotel - great layout, spacious reception area, pool and terrace adequate - my husband sat in the shade all day (u - shaped pool terrace which gives a couple of metres of shade from about 10am - 4pm, he is scottish and burns just looking at the sun!! He appreciated this).
Restaurant - excellent food choices (both breakfast + dinner), you can be good or naughty (their is the option of skimmed milk and low fat jams and yoghart if you are watching your figure) One morning they even served "cava" - nice!!
The bar area is good and the prices are not too bad, there is entertainment most nights, which varies!
The best part about this hotel is the staff - they make you feel like you are the only guests there - very friendly and courtious at all times, even when they are busy!
Location perfect - near the marina and the beach. Nice bars - "Murphy's Law" has a good pint of the black stuff and Monets + Caracus are also good, full of locals which I think a good sign.
Looking forward to going back very soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beachfront 4-star hotel Mac Puerto Marina Benalmadena, with free WiFi, is located on the beach front and next to the marina, with its lively atmosphere and night life.The Malaga airport is also less than half an hour's drive away.This 4* hotel is ideal for breaks for couples in the Costa del Sol, offering 272 large rooms with terrace. The area of Benalmadena offers also the possibility to practice sport such as tennis, horse riding, bike renting, squash, aquatic sports, etc, but it is also well known for the 10 golf courses in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Ebookers, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Mac Puerto Marina Benalmadena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Puerto Marina Benalmadena
- Hotel Mac Puerto Marina Benalmadena Costa Del Sol