The location of the hotel is brilliant. It's two minutes away from the beach, there's small stands selling jewellry and other souveniers on a night time outside the hotel over the road. It's quite a busy road, but there's traffic lights. There's a McDonalds a few doors down on the right hand side, and other small cafes and restaurants (as we were half board). Nearby is Paloma Park which is beautiful - serene, a large lake and many different animals. You can purchase bread for $1 to feed the animals, there's terrapins in the water and chickens roaming around. It's also within walking distance of the harbour which is also well worth a visit - we walked up there almost every night. It has beautiful views and many shops, and there's fish which yet again you can buy bread to feed.
The Hotel itself is 3*+ which is a fair review. You get what you pay for, and I disagree with many of the reviews on here.
The pool was nice, could be marginally cleaner but there was a nice atmosphere, and many different nationalities.
The entertainment was often poor, with free bingo etc, but there were dancers on an evening and it was cosy and homely.
The food was adequate. There was a large selection available but many strange combinations.
I'd recommend the hotel for older people, but our party was a 38 year old, a 16 year old and a 6 year old and it suited us perfectly.
We will be returning, don't let a few bad reviews put you off!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Arenas Hotel is located in front of the Bil Bil Castle, in the heart of Benalmadena-Costa, with shops and restaurants around. It is located in front of Santa Ana's beach and 8 kilometers from the airport. The Torrequebrada Golf Course is located approximately 2 km from the hotel.The hotel was renovated in 2004, has a main building with 7 floors and 174 rooms with views, 15 family rooms with bathroom, telephone, Wifi free, air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar and terrace. The Facilities include a lobby with 4 lifts and a reception open 24 hours a day with currency exchange desk and a café, Wifi free in common areas..The hotel has a restaurant with buffet and show cooking at lunch and dinner, room, bar and parking. Free Wifi in common areas and Internet point (surcharge).In the outdoor complex there is a swimming pool and a sun terrace with parasols and sun loungers. You will be able to play table tennis and golf (golf course 1 km away). At your disposal is a program of activities and entertainment (seasonal), with live music in the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Las Arenas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Arenas Hotel Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol
- Las Arenas Benalmadena
- Hotel Las Arenas Benalmadena