We have just returned from two weeks at Las Arenas and had one of the best holidays we have ever had. Some of our party had a week but at one point there were eleven of us ranging from 66 years to 7 years old and everyone had a great time. The hotel was spotless, the bar and restaurant staff were friendly and helpful, and the location was central to other bars and restaurants if you wanted to go out. We were lucky to meet some lovely families and the kids all got on well together spending most of the time in the pool. The managers gave us a pass to the sister hotel Las Portas down the road where there were slides and a pirate ship feature for the kids so worth an afternoon there, but we all agreed that we preferred our hotel to stay in. We also went back to Tivoli World where we had had a great time five years ago but they have changed it to entry fee then wristbands when you get in and then extra tickets for certain rides so it ended up costing a fortune and we felt as if we had been ripped off so I would give that a miss. The weak WiFi at the hotel was a bit frustrating for the teenagers but they got through it! The only negative was the lack of vegetarian food as one of our party had little or no choice most nights. A separate vegetarian area or decent labelling of the dishes would be an easy remedy to this. Some of the salads were great but then ham or crabsticks were used to garnish...this could be put in a separate dish for people to help themselves then the vegetarian guests would not be nervous of tasting food in case of it containing meat.
Without doubt the best part of our holiday was Juan (Johnny) who ran the entertainment. We joined in the games every day and the quizzes/ bingo at night. He made everyone feel welcome and encouraged the kids to join in, he was really funny and his enthusiasm was fantastic. His commentaries for the kids waterpolo in Spanish and English were out of this world. We would come back to the hotel just for him so Las Arenas please make a note of this!! Thanks for a brilliant time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Arenas Hotel is located in front of the Bil Bil Castle, in the heart of Benalmadena-Costa, with shops and restaurants around. It is located in front of Santa Ana's beach and 8 kilometers from the airport. The Torrequebrada Golf Course is located approximately 2 km from the hotel.The hotel was renovated in 2004, has a main building with 7 floors and 174 rooms with views, 15 family rooms with bathroom, telephone, Wifi free, air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar and terrace. The Facilities include a lobby with 4 lifts and a reception open 24 hours a day with currency exchange desk and a café, Wifi free in common areas..The hotel has a restaurant with buffet and show cooking at lunch and dinner, room, bar and parking. Free Wifi in common areas and Internet point (surcharge).In the outdoor complex there is a swimming pool and a sun terrace with parasols and sun loungers. You will be able to play table tennis and golf (golf course 1 km away). At your disposal is a program of activities and entertainment (seasonal), with live music in the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Las Arenas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Arenas Hotel Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol
- Las Arenas Benalmadena
- Hotel Las Arenas Benalmadena