“Warm, friendly atmosphere, great holiday”
Review of Las Arenas Hotel

Las Arenas Hotel
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The photos of this hotel do not do it justice! It is a spacious, clean modern hotel set in a brilliant location. It was out first time to the Costa Del Sol and I am glad we chose this hotel & destination. The food was delicious and you will not leave with an empty stomach!! All the staff are very friendly and attentive. Bus stops in both directions outside hotel, and the beach is literally a hop, skip and jump over the road. I would recommend this hotel especially for those preferring a nice relaxing break.

Room Tip: I would ask for an east facing room so as to get the most of the afternoon sunshine on your balcony
4  Thank Michelle W
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Las Arenas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about Hotel Las Arenas with us. It is gratifying to know that you have enjoyed the vacations.

We are very happy to know that you had a great time with us and that you enjoyed our facilities, restaurants, location and services. Also, we want to thank you for your comments about our staff, our guests are our passion and the most important to us, we work hard to bring you memorable experiences and the best vacation.

I appreciate your taking time to write in about your holiday and am delighted that you would return.

Sincerely yours,

Marketing Dptm.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,142)

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We have just returned from our first visit to the The Las Arenas Hotel (16th Feb). These are our "findings". The staff at the Hotel, from the Reception, Cleaning Staff to Restaurant Staff (and of course Richard, Our Rep) had to be the most helpful and cheerful We have come across in a long while. Our room was very clean and had a comfortable bed (any problems mentioned by another reviewer with pillows I'm sure could have been easily sorted by asking at Reception). The Restaurant was also very clean, lovely crisp white table cloths, very efficient staff and the food (both at Breakfast and Dinner) was excellent, plenty choice.
We were very lucky with the weather, so We wanted to explore the Area (by local buses). The Hotel is in a great spot for this, so with no problem at all We visited Malaga, Marbella, Mijas etc and with the Hotel being opposite the beach there is a really nice walk to the Marina. We really enjoyed Our break on The Costa Del Sol. Big Thank You to All the Staff at The Las Arenas .

6  Thank lindan625
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Las Arenas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

The entire team works very hard and with great enthusiasm to offer our guests the highest level of service and I am certain that they will be greatly encouraged by your positive feedback.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We have just arrived back from our first time at this hotel,These are our "findings" Firstly although giving it a 4 * it is probably a 3and a half.
As another reviewer has mentioned,it is on a very busy main road which spoils the terrace somewhat and very few guests spend much time out there. One way to get away from the traffic is to email the hotel direct and ask for a high room...we did this ,we also asked for one on the sunnier side, we got one on 4th floor on the shady side, so one out of two is not bad.
If I may start with the ROOMS....Always spotlesly clean..not huge but adequate the beds were probably the worst factor, very hard and pillows to match,once again I must agree with another reviewer, the towels are deffinately not 4 * more like a 2, very small and threadbare..I also feel that carpets are needed to deaden the noise from heels clacking around the hotel and bedrooms
every word can be heard as they echo through the corridors and walls even speaking in a "normal" tone.
PUBLIC AREAS.....Clean,the bars and lounge areas have what I would call "patio"chairs and NOT very comfortable we had to turn the seat backing down to make a decent amount of "cushion to sit on..There is a large room split into two...half have bar tables and basket chairs
and a large TV to watch any sport...the other half is the lounge /entertainment area, so watching sport AND the entertainment is an option..The pool area certainly needs a lick of paint,it has your usual blue plastic loungers and was FREEZING.but this is FEB.
DINING ROOM.....Far and away one of the best run and organised we have ever been to.The Maitre,de was outstanding along with ALL the dining room staff,very friendly and welcoming
We timed them on a few occasions changing the table and setting it after the diners finished....an average of 60 secs to change linen white tablecloths and lay a complete table, superb.
FOOD......Surprisingly really good, always a very good selection of meats/fish etc,a good salad bar and of course delicious sweets The breakfasts were excellent and always HOT,Because they use smaller containers for the food,it goes quicker and are replaced quicker...simple but effective.
DRINKS....I was pleasantly surprised at the cost of drinks both in the hotel and indeed the area.
pint of local beer around 3 euro and a VERY large local brandy 2.40, the coffe was to die for.In some of the local bars and restaurants a coffe and brandy 1.90 and a pint of San Miguel 1.90
They also have a happy hour in the hotel between 5-6 two for price of one..excellent value.If you like a nightcap ,order a brandy /whisky between 5-6...get 2 take one to your room for later.
After talking to a number of guests we found a great number were returning guests that stay for
a month or more Even though it has its faults I can understand why they return, it is a very friendly hotel who really welcome guests,and seem to cater for "brits"more than anyone.
To eat out there are a number of nice places around,but I recommend a small place called THE LAST RESORT...about 100 yards up the road
ENTERTAINMENT......Over all not bad, there was a quiz or bingo on for 30mnts from 8-30,and then the "main" acts, mainly different guys with a keyboard singing. A MUST SEE is a guy called Ricky and a girl singer Laura...both very good.
RECOMMENDATIONS......Take a pair of foam ear plugs Ideal to keep out traffic noise,and of course any snorer
This was my first time on the Costa del Sol in winter..it wont be my last.

Room Tip: Ask for high room on south or west side
4  Thank slug33ukuk
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Las Arenas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.

It is gratifying to know that you have received a very kind and attentive dealing on the part of the whole personnel, fact that I will make known of the whole team. It will be very well received and this encourage them to continue working so well to makegoing things better day by day.

I take note of your comments about the rooms.

We look forward to being able to welcome you again in order to reach your complete satisfaction.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Chose this holiday as a last minute cheap winter break. We were not disappointed. Excellent food, good choice and something for everybody. Would agree with other reviews that the rooms are not 4 star, towels need to be replaced. Beds were comfortable. Entertainment was mainly good, rikki was brilliant! Not to be missed. Richard the Thomson rep was very attentive and made sure things ran smoothly particularly on departure day. All in all enjoyable break and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Thatsawelcome
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Las Arenas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

I´m delighted that you have pointed out the quality of the buffet and our nightly shows where I have to agree that Ricky is the Best!!!

Once again I am grateful you have shared your experience and we hope see you again the next vacation.

Sincerely yours.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

The hotel sits on a very busy main road. The noise is continuous and impacts on both the sun terrace and the outdoor drinks terrace. The pool and sun terrace are of poor quality with no nice features. The bedrooms and bathrooms are reasonable but offer no star quality. The staff are very nice , friendly and helpful. There was a good choice of food nicely cooked. The hotel is rather dated and in need of a major refurbishment. This is really a 3 star hotel not 4 star. My wife and I enjoyed our stay so do not be put of that the star rating does not reflect its true value

1  Thank lewisscott
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Las Arenas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

We are always looking for ways to improve our product and our services; open and honest reviews from our guests is our best way to address areas which need improvement.

We look forward to having you back as our guest in the future and prove you that your feedback is very important to us and we do our best to strenghten the weaker points.

My very best Regards.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Just returned from our first visit to this hotel. We requested and were given the room of our choice. All the staff from reception to cleaning staff were pleasant and helpful. The food choice was excellent and very tasty. Nightly entertainment was good but would especially like to mention Juan who organised the in-house games, who has a great sense of humour. Could not fault it and hope to return in the future.

Room Tip: If travelling during the winter months it is best to request a room on 4th floor or above and not ov...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ald45

I would like to thank you for your lovely comments regarding your stay with us.

Our team takes great pride in making your stay as comfortable as posible, and it is nice when customers recognize the effort. I´m delighted that you have pointed out the good disposition of our staff, the quality of the buffet, cleanliness.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed the first week in February, on my own, after a gap of two years and always traveled with my late husband. It was so nice to see the same staff faces.Check in was swift and the room I requested on floor 6 was available so, just half an hour to wait (it was only 11am) and I was settled in.
The Hotel staff are always very very good, regards to Fransisco on reception, the restuarant always has plenty to choose from so no one need go hungry and the bar staff always have a smile.
The rooms are clean and the beds comfy with clean towels each day. It was nice to see the TV sets are new and now can get most English channels and not just Sky and CNN News! The only thing I would like to see the Hotel do is carpet or part carpet the halls on each floor to help eliminate the noise from shoes late at night.
I took the train from the airport to the resort which was easy. For my return I booked a transfer with Resort Hoopers to the airport. They sent a fax to the Hotel with my pick up time and a pick up point of "the bus stop outside of Hotel" Ha, there isn't one, to my rescue the Thomsons Rep, he even walked with me the morning I left. Only the bus stop in question wasn't where the Thomsons bus picked up from after all, the driver did stop for me but made it very clear to the Rep that he was wrong. Poor man lol. So, if you book a transfer with Resort Hoopers make sure you know exactly which bus stop it is.
All in all, my stay was very restfull and I enjoyed my return visit to the Hotel, I felt "safe" in the Hotel which, when you are on your own is very desirable and, I will be back in October.

Room Tip: Room 623 is pool side and very nice.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank adventuremaker
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Las Arenas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are ever so pleased that you have had a good time at Las Arenas and that you enjoyed the facilities and the food but most important that you have already decided to come back in a future holiday.

I am glad to hear that you continue to enjoy your time with us and that we were able to meet your expectations on each of your stays. Thank you for your encouraging words.

Our best satisfaction is knowing that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us and that they are looking forward to visit us again.