Just got back from a 7 day stay at Las Arenas. I will probably upset the fans of this hotel but I can only say what I experienced. In front of the hotel is a dual carriageway with 2 lanes in each direction and this is a very busy road, 24 hours a day. None stop, 7 days a week. Allocated room 319, a side sea view overlooking the pool. Not bad, apart from the awful stench of raw sewage. Down to reception, saw Ava (a diamond) and explained the problem. Re-allocated room 127, side room with a view of the pool wall. Not nice, but the only one available. At least it did not stink. Next day re-allocated room 205 at the front of the hotel. Seemed OK but sleep was almost impossible because of relentless road noise. Bought some earplugs, but still could not shut out the noise. The hotel itself was clean and tidy and you could not fault the staff, they were all great. Restaurant a bit disappointing, food just about OK but I ate out on 3 occasions. The bar is good, but sitting outside was like having a drink on a lay-by on the A1. Walking along the front towards the marina got me away from the traffic noise and some of the bars were OK with reasonable prices. The 'Looky Looky' men (hundreds of them) were a pest.
Overall, if you want a peaceful relaxing holiday think very hard about staying at Las Arenas. If you do, make sure you have a high up side room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Arenas Hotel is located in front of the Bil Bil Castle, in the heart of Benalmadena-Costa, with shops and restaurants around. It is located in front of Santa Ana's beach and 8 kilometers from the airport. The Torrequebrada Golf Course is located approximately 2 km from the hotel.The hotel was renovated in 2004, has a main building with 7 floors and 174 rooms with views, 15 family rooms with bathroom, telephone, Wifi free, air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar and terrace. The Facilities include a lobby with 4 lifts and a reception open 24 hours a day with currency exchange desk and a café, Wifi free in common areas..The hotel has a restaurant with buffet and show cooking at lunch and dinner, room, bar and parking. Free Wifi in common areas and Internet point (surcharge).In the outdoor complex there is a swimming pool and a sun terrace with parasols and sun loungers. You will be able to play table tennis and golf (golf course 1 km away). At your disposal is a program of activities and entertainment (seasonal), with live music in the evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Las Arenas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Arenas Hotel Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol
- Las Arenas Benalmadena
- Hotel Las Arenas Benalmadena