“Excellent family holiday destination- don't be put off by other reviews!”
Review of Holiday Village

Holiday Village
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Benalmadena
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Just back from a two week holiday at Holiday Village and had a great time! I have never written a review before but felt I had to on this occasion as reviews on this page had us seriously worried before our trip!

We arrived at holiday village late just before midnight! Check in was simple and quick as it was late but I know on some occasions, people need to wait a while on their room! This is because of the quick turnaround on busier days! I would not complain on waiting tho as I'd rather ensure the room was being cleaned! Don't forget this can happen at hotels in the UK and Ireland as well if you arrive early afternoon!

We had initially booked self catering but upgraded on arrival! This costs approx £40 per adult pet day and £23 per child! If you upgrade on your first day you can get an extra 10per cent discount!
I would recommend all inclusive as the hotel isn't really convenient to proper supermarkets unless you jump on the bus!!
You can order snacks from the pool bar and book into the Italian and Mexican at nights if you are self
catering tho! And then jump on the bus or take a taxi to benalmadena for dinner if ya wAnt to get out and about!

The all inclusive food is definitely of 4 star quality! The buffet restaurant in the hotel serves breakfast and dinner and then a buffet lunch is served in the restaurant in Beach Club restaurant! Some people don't seem to be aware of the buffet lunch and just eat the pool snacks which is really just chips, pasta, burgers, toasties, hotdogs etc!!
There is ample amount of dishes to choose from at the buffets and I would say that some peole lack the ability to create a meal from the range available and so choose to moan about what there is to choose from!! These same people prob cook processed oven meals at home and don't know what good fresh food is!!

Entertainment is totally geared towards families specifically the kids and the entertainment team are actually one of the most professional I have come across in all my years of going on Spanish holidays!!

Kids clubs are great and there are several sessions throughout the day for an hour and a half each! The activities are planned and structured and you can pick what suits your child best!! My son normally went to one session per day!

Ref the sickness that some people have faced- none of us got sick! Didn't really hear of many people getting sick so don't panic!! I think there is as much chance of you getting sick at home or anywhere else on holiday as there is here!! There are plenty of maids about cleaning the place day and night! Its some of the guests that are unhygienic not the hotel!!!

You'll enjoy this holiday if you want a family complex with lots for kids and are happy to relax

• Stayed: July 2011
7  Thank chiccod

CHECK-IN.
Me and my family went to this hotel from 28th june until july 12th, when we arrived the check in was good and quick no problems at all, when you do arrive ask for your vouchers for pool towels which are free to use around the pool so save space in your suitcase take a old credit card to use for deposit for your room no money will be taken of your card but it will save you 100 euros in cash which you can use on spending money instead.
HOTEL.
The hotel i would say is nice and the staff are friendly and helpfull if you need anything, but does need some refurbishments within areas around the hotel inc your rooms the are looking warn but are clean and there is plenty of room and a double pull out bed and 2 three quarter beds.
RESTRAUNT.
BREAKFAST, well not sure how to put this breakfast is brilliant and a wide selection of foods for all.
DINNER / SNACKS , is basic at the self serve area is burgers, chicken nuggets,toasties and hotdogs, MY TIP go over road to the beach club food is far better and a wider range.
TEA, well this is where it all goes wrong food is shocking in my opinion and my families foods is bland and if you like pork well you will be well away.
ENTERTAINMENT.
Was brilliant day and night all worked hard for long hours and kept all thge kids entertained.
KIDS CLUBS AND CRECHE
These are very safe and are brilliant for the kids once again theses staff work hard all day on this note for scott one of the kids club staff he was brill.
ALL INCLUSIVE.
This is not the case you have to pay for icecreams apart from small tubs, crisps.
SHOP ON SITE
This is very exspensive try take bits with you if you can etc washing powder nappies juice.

I Think i have covered everything apart from one thing which i think it is important.
SICKNESS.
My 2 year old came down sick in the second week of our holiday, my feelings are the problems lies with the Air conditioning which is ducted around the whole building i feel this is where the problem lies as soon as we turned the airconditioning off my son became well again but one night it was so hot that we turned it back on and he became very sick again within an hour we was advised my firstchoice staff the leave it of and they hired us some fans for the room. Are room was 555 and we had at least 6 cases of sickness within this block of rooms for floor 3,4,5.
If you are going to this holiday village just take precausions such as hand gels and be prepared to leave the aircon off but it does get hot in the rooms.

Hope this as helped i have tried to be honest as i read the reviews and i was out of my mind when i was taking my family there please let me know if this review helped many thanks for reading.

12  Thank Dave M
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Facilities great especially for kids. Unfortunately there is a violent vommitting/diarohea bug in the complex. First choice deny it. Every second family had a similar story. Two of our 3 kids were hospitalised, one overnight for gastro. "Noro" bug is in hotel. My wife and 3 kids spent week 2 vommitting, etc. Ruined whole holiday. Hotel mgt admit there is a "small" problem. Its a dangerous place for kids from this point of view. No credible proactive measures being taken by first choice or hotel to control the bug.

Room Tip: Cleaner on weekdays was great. Weekend cleaner was lazy and very grumpy. Room half cleaned on week...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank FPT_11
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We went all inclusive here for 1 week in July and on arrival thought the hotel looked brilliant, nice and clean. The apartment was spacious and clean, but on the 2nd day our daughter got poorly and then my partner and then me so we only had 2 days when we were ok to use the facilities.We are not sure what made us ill but a few other people were also ill so we think there was something going around, The food was below average for a 4 star and I am a vegetarian and there was hardly anything for me. The meat was also under cooked.

The pool areas are lovely but there are not enough sunbeds to cater for everyone.

Our Daughter is 2 and did not feel there was enough stuff geared towards this age group, there is a creche there but it was too young for our daughter and a lot of the toys in there didnt work or were broken.

Overall we would not go back and I would not recommend this hotel

3  Thank kerryannwilliams
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We stayed here 28/06-05/07 with our 10 and 7 year old.
I've never written a review before but after reading all the negative ones I nearly cancelled our holiday and so glad that we didn't.
We arrived at approximately 10am and check- in took about 5mins, we then went went straight to our room. We paid extra for a select room, fab views. Didn't get the tea and coffee and after asking 3 times we gave up and helped ourselves to some from the restaurant!
The room was nice, cleaned every day,sheets changed etc. Didn't have any nasty smells or pidgeon poo as I had previously read about.
The food in restaurant was lovely, lots to choose from and freshly made omelettes and back bacon every morning whilst you waited and same again in the evenings with good quality steak etc.
food over at the beach club was also good, lots of lovely salads.
The snack bar ( salads,burgers,hotdogs,chips,nuggets,fresh fruit,yoghurts etc) at the pool
was good too, there was a member of staff constantly topping it all up with freshly cooked
food and generally keeping it all clean.
All the pools were brill and there was always beds available throughout the day, despite people reserving them at stupid o clock.
All the sun beds were jet washed each day,the bins around the pools were emptied all the time but lots of people couldn't be bothered to use them and left plates full of food next to their sun beds and then moaned about the pidgeons, probably the same people that couldn't be bothered to put swim nappies on their babies then moan when the pool had to close all afternoon! The life guards were good but it was a shame they closed the pools so early. Clean towels were available every day from the lifeguards with the vouchers that you
get when you first check-in.
The entertainment was brilliant, all the staff worked do hard day and night.
My kids only wanted to go to the chocolate party (4 euros each) and they had a fab time but the other activities looked brill, all the other kids looked like they were having a ball!
We had a really good holiday but probably wouldn't go back but that's only because we like to visit different places so please don't be put off by all the bad reviews, I often wondered if we were staying at a different hotel to the one described by so many people on here.
If you do fancy something different, we went into the marina one night and ate at a lovely place called pinoccios lounge bar, food was amazing and stupidly cheap.

8  Thank PaddingtonLee
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Myself, partner, 3 children and in-laws (11 of us in total, 5 kids) stayed in this hotel from 12th-19th June 2011 and could not fault it. Apart from on arrival, it took over 6 hours to get our 2 free bottles water put into our fridge and someone to help us work out how to erect the sofa bed as a few straps were missing!!!!!!!! I had the sickness bug on the second day and although it knocked me for 6 it did not ruin my holiday! The kids had a totally fantastic time, we were able to put my 2.5 yr old and 1 yr old in the creche which gave us a break! Food was fine, beach club was excellent! Would recommend the Mexican, yum and massive portions! Italian was a bit bog standard and service was slow! Wish we'd stayed 10 days! Reps were totally great and there was always something to do! I was very sceptical after reading some reviews on here! Rooms could do with a wee bit of updating but all in all it was a great week!!! Will definitely do a holiday village again!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank sambo178
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We went here on the 21st June 2011,we did have 2nd thoughts after reading some reviews,but there was nothing to worry about the place is great,the food was lovely with lots of choice if anybody says there wasnt enough choice there is something wrong with them.The staff in the hotel are lovely and work so hard to make sure everything is right for you,the entertainment staff do an excellent job,dixey,dave,becky,richard and the new girl was good,louise and lisa were really lovely and so cheerful and helpful hope to meet them again sometime,we took our grandchildren 13 & 10 they really enjoyed it the kids clubs r a must,the beach club is excellent,the good thing u dont need to take towels u can get them there we didnt have to put a deposit down and was allowed to change them when u wanted,we would defo go back and jayne who is part of the holiday vacation club is lovely and she talked us into looking round the Polynesia hotel it was gorgeous no pressure on u but we got a late check out room for free and the kids got 10 euro each and a free ring at beach club.So i would defo reccommend this place to all.My only criticism would be the rooms need updating but thats it was a brill holiday.

Room Tip: we had room 059 overlooked the sea and crazy golf,1st fllor it was great very spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family