“If I lived here this bar would be my local.........”

Plaza Espana Benalmadena
Ranked #7 of 65 things to do in Benalmadena
CHESTERFIELD
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“If I lived here this bar would be my local.........”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Spain Square is a a place you could literally spend the whole day and people watch.
If I was ever talented enough to become an author I could relax and write a novel here every day!!
Great selection of bars meals and snacks and an excellent local gift shop(not tacky).
My local would be the Manaos bar but for now its my phone screensaver.
Watch for the fresh oranges dropping on your head from the surrounding trees.

Visited May 2014

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 144 helpful votes
“a wonderful find”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Staying in the main resort of Benamadena we decided to take a trip to the old town. We stumbled accross this restaurant in the main square of the village and having looked at the specials on offer for lunch decided to stop for a bite. I had a tapas selection, selected by the owners, for €10. It was fabulous, i got unusual but fabulous and generous portions of food which were imaginatively executed, my husband got a small portion of mussels but they were amongst the best he has ever tasted and my sons got a variety of croquettes and spaghetti dishes. We also shared a selection of very tasty desserts. This is a brilliant restaurant, my only regret is that we didn't return for an evening meal. The setting amongst orange groves in the lovely square and the very attentive staff added to the overall enjoyment of the meal and the value for the quality of food was excellent. Would highly recommend.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank iseult
Benalmadena, Spain
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Sit and People watch”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

A lovely place surrounded by orange trees and a good stopping point to have a rest and a coffee or something to eat. Three good bars and a lovely restaurant.

Visited May 2013
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Beautiful hidden square”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

A very beautiful and traditional Spanish square hidden away. The square has a couple of restaurants which have a row of orange trees at the their entrances. Well worth a visit.

Visited March 2014
Cheshire
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“beautiful hidden square”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

lovely area for a relaxing lunch and drink, have returned several times. it would be easy to miss this square as it's down a quiet cobbled street in arroyo but now we know how to find it, we are glad we did

Visited February 2014