“Good restaurant with beautiful views”

El Mero Los Mellizos
Reserve with
El Mero Los Mellizos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 712 Restaurants in Benalmadena
Price range: US$30 - US$115
Cuisines: Spanish, International
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: El marco mas elegante para gozar de la exquisita calidad de los pescados y mariscos.En el magico Puerto Deportivo de Benalmadena que subyuga a los visitantes en las noches del verano costasoleno , El Mero los Mellizos ,ofrece las mas exquisitas especialidades de la cocina espanola realizada con mimo y maestria por su chef.Todo esto junto a la amable atencion que se presta a los clientes y a su selecto ambiente le convierten en uno de los preferidos de la Costa del Sol y hace imprescindible hacerle una visita.
uk
“Good restaurant with beautiful views”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Had a very pleasant meal here ,not fish though,but the beautiful venue really made it most enjoyable.Waiters tend to be miserable,we couldn't see why.It would definitely the view I d return for.

• Visited September 2013

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
“Overpriced, poor service and tragic food.”
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

We ordered the mixed fish platter which took a long time to arrive and then we found that it was mainly cooked within an inch of its life and completely over salted. The worse thing was the burger that was served to my 4 year old daughter which was not only raw, but completely cold inside. If I hadn't cut the burger in half, she would have eaten it raw without me even knowing. I sent the burger back to be recooked and it came back burnt and on two rounds of bread as they had run out of burger buns. I wasn't about to complain again as I was too embarrassed to do so. We ate what we could and then waited for a member of staff so that we could get the bill. Nobody visited our table for over 20 minutes. We eventually left our seats and asked the nearest waiter for the bill and unsurprisingly got charged for the whole lot, so we paid and left without leaving a tip. A sorry end to our holiday.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Lynds1981
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“overpriced and undercooked”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

i had starter and main course. the galician octopus was the worst i have ever tasted and this is my third time eating it. The previous two places i had it before was corunia in north west spain (it was delicious) and london (in a brazilian restaurant) but El Mero's was disgusting! The top layer was cooked but rubbery and not tender at all, the bottom layer was cold. They must have heated it up in a microwave. My main course was monkfish. It wasn't cooked properly. The fish should have been tender and seperated easily but with the fishknife it gave a slight pull, basically, it was underdone. the vegetables that came with it were slushy and way overcooked. Yuk! Apart from that it was a nice balcony view so my suggestion is just go there for drinks. Hmm then again, eat somewhere else, you could get it for cheaper and better quality.

2 Thank greembark
Barcelona, Spain
“The fish is a dish!”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This restaurant is part of the Los Mellizos group, who have a few restaurants in the Malaga area. I've visited a some of them and have returned several times. For me they specialise is fish, although you will also find the plate of jamon to very good here.

The location of this restaurant is fantastic, looking over the Marina. There are many tables and they can get very busy, if you prefer a quiet meal, this is probably not the place for you on a Friday night in high season.

Back to the food, they are known locally for cooking fresh fish very well, this is not your burger kind of place (they cook for a Spanish palate), a favourite of mine is pulpo a gallego (octopus with potato and paprika), they do it perfectly.

So my point being, unless you are looking for local style food, don't waste your money going here. It's true they are not cheap and if you don't appreciate what you are eating...i can see how it seems expensive. But eating perfectly prepared fish that was a few hours ago still in the ocean, is worth it for me. After all, it's a treat, not an everyday place.

Regarding the service, I have no complaints really, I can't say I'm blown away, but as with most places in Spain, it's more natural than you get in the UK. Check your bill before you pay though, it's not uncommon for it to be incorrect, but that's not specific to this restaurant, just a good tip for any busy place - they make mistakes.

Northampton, United Kingdom
“Amazing food! Not over priced”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This is by far the best food you can get in the marina, if not Benalmedena. We were recommended the restaurant by the reception staff at our hotel. We had a table on the relatively narrow balcony area, overlooking the marina. The staff weren't overly friendly but i found much worse in some British run establishments in the area.
The main thing was the food and wow, it was amazing! Sirloin cooked to perfection and with so much flavour. The fish was excellent. So fresh and tasty. Even the children's meals are far superior to any we found around. The dishes come with a nice variation of veg. None of the poor excuse for fries you get elsewhere. Two adult meals, one child's with a drink each and a couple of desserts totaled around 80 Euros. More than acceptable. You could run to a lot more if you add wine, starters etc, but you get what you pay for. Without a doubt it's worth a visit if you like quality food.