“Fantastic food”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This restaurant should be rated a lot higher. All the local people recommend this one. We always have the sole which is the best I've ever tasted. The service is always excellent. I go to this place at least once a month. It is quite hard to find, but if you are in the centre of arroyo de miel, standing next to the statue of a waiter, go down the side and through the precinct, where the shops and bars are, at the bottom on the opposite side of the road, there is an apartment building which is gated, you go through the gate into the car park, and the restaurant is there.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

I am beginning to think people either do not know about this lovely restaurant or they are keeping it for themselves.
Second visit to El Mirador and both times have been excellent. From the flagship Sole which is deboned at your table, to the little touches, like a sherry to start, the green salad as a palate cleanser between the starter and main and the potatoes served with bits of bacon and onion. It is all of the highest quality. Was not able to have a pudding, big shame, but I was nicely full.
Thoroughly enjoyed the evening I spent here and it makes a nice change from sitting on the seafront. Yes it does take a little bit of seeking out and even on a weekday evening making a reservation is advisable.
If you arrive early, I suggest a pre meal drink in ‘Anabels’ which is just across the road.

Reviewed 2 September 2011

Only the two of us plus 6 girls from Sweden - rather empty for a Thursday evening.

Starter was grilled goatcheese with tomatpuré marmelade - excellent and surprisingly good.

For maincourse we decided for pork steaks - mistake.
Thin and dry and served with triple cooked vegetables was nothing spectacular.

Reviewed 24 March 2010

I believe that there is some confusion going on here, the restaurant famed for its sole is at C/ Blas. Infante in Edif. El Mirador not at Calle Bellavista. I have tried to point this out to Tripadvisor to no avail. I know nothing of the Calle Bellavista restaurant.
The restaurant I know is family owned and was opened by (cousins?) Juan & Antonio in the 1970s. In recent years Juan has retired but Antonio remains in the kitchen as good as ever! The nex t generation is there to assist and do so well.
Besides the Sole, the Pez Espada is also excellent. To be fair the entire menu is great.
Service is friendly and helpful. Children are welcomed.
Over the many years that I have eaten here I have noticed many familiar faces... Clearly they enjoy it enough to keep coming back!

1  Thank Kildress
Reviewed 24 September 2009

Declined a starter as we heard a small salad was served before each main along with a small sherry and we may not have enough room to enjoy the sole as much if we had a starter.
The sole (2 each person) was delicious and not a bone to be seen, veg was different but also delicious and french fries or sauteed potatoes was served by waiters dressed as such and who were extremely helpful. Having declined a starter I had a huge helping of homemade tiramasu which was mmmmmmmmmmmm delightful all washed down with a bottle of house red. I did not pay but heard no complaints about the cost from my friends..They visit the restaurant each time they are in Arroyo.

1  Thank nosilasdnalwen