“Close To Everything”

Ranked #73 of 94 Hotels in Salou
Dublin, Ireland
“Close To Everything”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed here recently with my boyfriend. The rooms were spacious and the pool area was lovely. The staff at reception were very helpful. We had to pay a 150 deposit which is the normal thing over here. We found the staff dealing with this quite rude. The reception in the apartments has nothing to do with the rooms etc.There's roughly a 10-15 min walk to the place that you collect your keys from. A few of the apartments have locals living in them but they don't cause any hassle. One thing I will say is they have a ridiculous rule about lilos and inflatables. There was a family there with a young enough family and the guy in charge of the pool area told them to take there lilos out of the pool even though there was no one else around but me and my boyfriend. Was a bit of a joke. On the positive side we were within ten mins walk from nearly everything and the room was spotless. Be aware they only change linen once a week but there was plenty of spare towels etc in the drawers in the bedroom. All in all not a bad place and great for the price. Check out the nearby Dubliner restaurant they're food was the best we had over there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Niamhbac

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The flat is really big – there is space for everything and everyone, enormous balcony, everything you need from kitchen utensils to ironing, except for a kettle and a hair dryer. There’s a tv with lots of spanish channels, big bathroom, the place is really safe – you need 4 keys to get in – for the 1st time it feels like a real challenge. Swimming pool is big and really nice.
We were there in September – so walking 1km to the beach was pleasant, but if you want to come in summer – bet it would be hard.
Port Aventura is in 15 min walk from the hotel on a pleasant road. You can come and go to PA or home whenever you like how many times you want (take 2-3 days ticket – you won’t regret).

No cleaning of rooms while you are there, changing of towels-sheets once a week. We came to Salou at 1pm and were only given the keys at 6!
All the furniture and household appliances is SO old – it seems like they haven’t change it or made any repairs since it was build 30 years ago, for me it seemed like I came to 1970s flat in Soviet Union in some god forgotten city. I wouldn’t say it is very dirty – but not clean at all. Shower in the bath – it’s a separate story – if you switch a little water pressure – all the water goes to the floor, if you make it more – it will fall))) that was hilarious actually.

Noise!!! So much noise! Take ear plugs! It’s the only way to sleep. Noise from cars is awful, but noise from the hotel on the other side of the road – till 2-3 o’clock is even worse – you hear this shouting in microphone and music all the time.

Value for money, what do you expect for 30 euros a night? That’s one of the cheapest place to stay in Salou and not the worst. I would definitely recommend it to people travelling on a budget or for those who came to Port Aventura for couple of days.

Room Tip: Cause I never read the booking details and bet none of you do – remember – to get the keys you nee...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Natalie N
Stockton on Tees England
Reviewed 31 October 2012

First class service and first class apartments
I did not know when I booked these apartments that we had to pick up keys 10 mins walk from apartments
(This was my fault not their fault as (On the Beach who I booked this with did not inform me)
PS do not use On the Beach who will leave you STRANDED HIGH AND DRY ON THE BEACH
Reading the information the apartments give you they do tell you about this
Luckily out transfer driver did not dump us at the apartments as I have heard of this happening to others
He made several calls on his mobile including trying a nearby hotel to help us find where the apartments office where
The hotel was also fantastic in helping us
When he found the address he then took us to get the keys
Then helped us get the keys as the next thing I found out was
I had to leave 250 Euros CASH deposit 100 euros refundable plus 25 euros non-refundable for linen
Per apartment I had booked 2 apartments
The young man on reception let me have the keys and asked me to drop the deposit money in the following morning
AGAIN
Reading the information the apartments give you they also tell you about this too
So again normally a big problem which many come across to their misfortune
Well not me
To put it bluntly from meeting the transfer driver at the airport to finally getting into our rooms was made so easy and pleasant by the driver and young man on the apartment’s reception being so helpful and polite and considerate in how they dealt with my predicament
I could not have got a better service from any one else than the one I got that night from these two Gentlemen
Now the next problem
I was told the following morning when I took the deposit money in I had to leave the apartments at 10.00am on our final day
So pick up arrange to return at 7.30pm at the apartments
What do I do?
Well again the staff where very considerate and helpful
They contacted the transfer people to rearrange the pick-up point at their offices
Where I had to telephone the transfer company with my reference booking number and they would do this
So all in all the staff at this company where excellent polite friendly and VERY helpful
They did/sorted everything out for me
Without their caring manner I would have been totally out of my depth and really stuck
So I would like to say many many thanks for the way you looked after me
Now the bit about the apartments
Well what I can say apart from the fact they are the BEST apartments I have ever stayed at
The equipment that is supplied is second to none
I have never seen better equipped apartments than these
Full size fridge real cooker (not just something with 2 rings)
A real fully working cooker
Iron/ ironing board
Kettle which some seem to say they did not have a kettle
(I always take teabags large pint mug and a kettle with me wherever I go)
It had everything you would need to fully furnish a home
So all in all I would highly recommend this company because of the first class service and first class apartments they have
I will finish the way I started
First class service and first class apartments

Room Tip: Want friendly helpful staff to give you peace of mind on holiday Then this is the company for you...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank pedro1095
Barry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2012

i would say that the only decent part of the hotel was definately the pool. it was clean and a great size that would suit people and families of all types. but considering when we booked, we asked for a room on the 1st floor or atleast on the 2nd as we had small children. instead we were up on the 5th floor. it was after holiday season so there was a lot of rooms lower than us that were empty, so was dissapointed that our only and simple request was not granted. we also had a glass table in our room? not necassary really in a family appartment, infact really quite dangerous as our youngest child was only 2 and in the stages of climbing on and over everything (which is why we wanted a low floor). we asked that day for the table to be removed, they said that was fine, but it stayed there. also a glass door???? the final straw was when my youngest had locked the bathroom door from the inside then closed the door (didnt think that was possible but there you go) so we were unable to access the bathroom and use it's facilities, therefore had to walk 15 minutes to the office at 10:30 at night to ask for some assistance but was told we have to wait till the morning. SAY WHAT???? i told him that was not possible as we have young children that would need the toilet, but was told there is nothing he could do and that we had to wait (apparantly that happens quite often in those appartments). i then asked if they could atleast give us a key to another appartment so we could use the toilets as there is not toilets by the pool or anything and he said no!! so what were we supposed to do? what we had to do was separate our family for the night and a lovely family which we befriended whilst on holiday had the 2 girls in there appartment with there kids as our 14 year old was on her period, she needed to use the toilet whenever needed. myself, my husband and our 2 other children was left to suffer. my husband held it in as long as he could but could no longer hold it so had to degrade himself by urinating in a macdonalds cup. disgusting and very very wrong. early hrs in the morning i also was desperate to use the loo so i was looking for something to put through the hole on the door knob (which was obviously done because it's happened before) i eventually used my daughters hairband and fiddled it through which finally unlocked the door. it was an absolute disgrace to have to go through what we went through especially my husband. honestly i can say, i was glad to leave!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank lisa b

Travellers are raving about these Salou hotels

IRELAND
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Arrived at our apartments at 4am having spent 1 hr driving around trying to find the Novelty apartments, where we were to collect our room key !!!!

The Rooms were;
- No Ac
Total Sweatpit !!!

- No baby cot as requested
Asked for a baby cot the following morning after arrival and showed my booking request for a cot and after much persuasion i got one for €42 for 8 nights and it was full of Pee stains!!

- Smelly dirty Bed Sheeets
I washed sheets in a 90deg was so we could sleep safely and not be ate by BUGS!!!!

- No Kettle or Toaster
When asked for the following morning we were almost roared at by receptionist in Novelty Apartments

- Rusty Fridge & Oven
I used Milton that i brought for the baby to sterilize the Kitchen utensils & Bathroom !!!!!

- BED BUG'S,ANTS COCKROACHES, MOSSIE'S & DOG'S BARKING in apartments above us !!!!!
- No Loungers
- No Reception
- No Cleaning People

Need i go on!! I defo will not be recommending these apartments to Human Habitation they would only suit the DOGS that were above us BARKING all night!!

Room Tip: Don't Choose one!!!!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank MILLASONE
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Arrived in Salou late afternoon and we tired from travelling wanting to get to our apartment as soon as possible to relax. Got Taxi from airport to the apartment. When we arrived we discovered that we had to go to a different building that was a 10 minute walk away to check in. The walk involved lots of twist, turns, side streets and having two large suitcases and hand luggage it was extremely unplessent. When we arrived the reception the staff were very unhelpfully The safety deposit boxes were also in the reception which would have meant walking there every day there and back and the reception was only open at certain times. We were still hopeful going back to the apartment but wen we got there we had to open gate after gate it was more of an apartment block people who lived there full time. Main gate key - front door key - floor your on key and apartment door key. The windows all had Bars and shutters. It was just horrible and the pool was filthy...worst place I've every stayed DO NOT GO.
Changed to a different hotel the next day.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank xTazzzzyx
manchester
Reviewed 2 November 2010

we arrived at this apartment at 11 in the moring we were told we had to collect the keys from another location we asked if they could call a taxi for us to take us there they said no phone it yourself which the taxi company couldnt understand us as we were english so had to stand around for 20 mins trying to flag one down.we finally got to the place were we were to get our keys to be told we couldnt get in our room till 5pm which was never stated on the booking details, when asked if there was anything they could do for us as we had a 3 year old and a 12 year old the receptionist told us no we just have to come back at 5pm and we had to take all our luggage with us.... 4 large suitcases 4 hand luggage, and a baby in a pram.bearing in mind there was a heatwave aswell.with just two adults to manage all of this. staff not helpful one bit very very arrogant. When we finally got given our keys we went to our apartment it looked like they had given us the worst room in the whole place the curtains were all ripped there was dirt up the walls it was disgusting when asked if we could change rooms they said no that was our allocated room even thow there were lots of empty rooms.Our rooms were not cleaned once while we were there no towels changed no beds changed.There was absolutly nothing for children to do this holiday was a disaster from day one couldnt wait to get home longest 2 weeks of our lives.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family