Firstly when we booked our holiday we knew we were going out of season, the hotel was multi national, and that staffing was going to be at a premium. The hotel itself advertises as a 3 star establishment, and for me that is about right, it looks as if it's had it's fair share over the years and is in need of a bit of TLC here and there. But on the whole it's not an unpleasant hotel. The food on initial thoughts was thought to be bland and uninspiring (by another family) but this was the first night, the subsequent nights was found to be varied and with a chef doing chicken and fish dishes was well received.
However my main gripe was the entertainment (or rather lack of it), during the day the entertainment staff (1) was expected to cater for the multitude of multi-national patrons, the children (for which she did an excellent job).In one respect everyone seemed to be out doing day trips leaving Dorota to spend some time organising activities for the adults and children (for which was thoroughly enjoyable). However on an evening, it was advertised as a childrens disco at 9pm (bear in mind there were only 6 children during the whole holiday), if the kids weren't on the dance floor at 9pm prompt, then the Spanish dancing music was played (I don't begrudge the Spaniards this, as they were on holiday too) but I do feel, we were pushed put on the sidelines. I won''t go into the details of the 'window' incident when the 'Brits' sat outside while the dancing music was played and we wanted a window closed as it was so loud, the management let us down on that occasion.
The hotel itself however is nicely located to bus routes for Portaventura (use the little blue train bus), the beach (very clean) and has a chemist and doctor round the corner (literally).
The rooms could still do with the air con on in October (was mid 20's during the day), and on another note were always left in an immaculate condition
All in all, I would go back to Salou, would maybe go back to this hotel in another time of year for comparison, but initial expectations mean I wouldn't go back immediately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the tourist heart of Salou, only 200m. from Playa Levante and Capellans beaches. Comfortable rooms with fully fitted bathroom, balcony, telephone, satellite TV, security door lock, heating, air conditioning and optional safe-deposit box. Buffet restaurant with show cooking, national and international cuisine, bar-cafeteria with play area and TV lounge. Terrace with swimming pools (for adults and children) outdoor jacuzzi and children’s area. Day and night entertainment program. Optional services: parking, internet corner, gift shop and meeting room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Best San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best San Diego Hotel Salou
- Hotel Best San Diego Salou, Costa Dorada