Went here for 7 nights from 18th October. Firstly the room was fairly large with 2 double beds, the mattress was ok but not great & I really did not like the pillows one was hard and another lumpy and overdue being replaced. On a good note the room was clean with modern décor and contains a fridge, in room safe, flat screen TV; but only BBC 1 & cbbc in English though. Nice large bathroom, bath with overhead shower, plenty of hot water.
The grounds are really lovely and there are great looking pools; but too cold for me this time of year although I saw a couple of people braving it; in the summer it would be really good. The hotel is in a great location next to the theme park and your room door card is also the park entrance card.
Restaurant for breakfast and evening meal if on half board is good although it can get busy at times and the food reasonable with a fair amount of choice. You are given time slot cards for breakfast when booking in that range from 8.00 -10.15am we had 8.00-8.30am which seems a pretty good time to arrive for breakfast.
In the evening there was a mini disco 9.15 – 10.00pm for children and Woody was often around the hotel. No adult entertainment though.
If you wished to walk into Salou it only takes around 15 mins, lovely beach, great ice cream parlours, market day is Monday.
Would visit again maybe a different time of year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an hour from Barcelona, with direct access to the "Mediterranea" area of PortAventura Park, this Mediterranean-style hotel is a replica of a quaint fishing village, with splendid sweeping gardens and magnificent lake. De-stress after a hectic day at PortAventura Park and forget everything in this charming hamlet, very close to the sea, with its little villas surrounded by exuberant plant-life and two fantastic outdoor swimming pools. At Hotel PortAventura you will find all the necessary ingredients for a few days of relaxation, peace and, at the same time, escape and fun. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel and there is a wide range of typical authentic Mediterranean cuisine. In this hotel you feel the vitality, quality of life and healthy customs for which the towns of the Mediterranean are so famous. An authentic Costa Dorada villa where you are able to keep in shape at the gym, use the saunas, steam baths and jacuzzi and enjoy a pleasurable massage, your biggest allies after an intrepid day out at PortAventura Park. Access to PortAventura Park is unlimited and admission is included in the price of your stay. In 2015 the 20th anniversary of the opening of doors PortAventura is met and to celebrate in style with family, friends or partner, we expect you to live unforgettable moments. This year PortAventura presents the new how will offer its Soleil Cirque in the Resort, Amaluna. Furthermore, in 2016 Ferrari Land will open in Europe PortAventura resot to offer a real race track, the highest and most rapid vertical accelerator in Europe and the first luxury hotel themed for the first time in the history of the Ferrari brand, including other surprises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Alpha Holidays Limited, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your PortAventura Hotel PortAventura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portaventura Hotel Salou
- Port Aventura Salou
- Port Aventura Hotel
- Hotel Portaventura
- Aventura Hotel Port
- Hotel Port Aventura Salou
- PortAventura Hotel PortAventura Salou, Costa Dorada