We have just got back from a weekend away with our young daughter. We had stayed at the Hotel Caribe before, so knew how things work in a theme park hotel. This hotel is perfect for this time of year when the weather is colder and you don't need to go outside to get to your room. We stayed in Can Garbi, which is the wing to the left of the reception and had a lovely view of the pool. It was about 5 minutes walk to the room and not the easiest to find the first time, I would suggest they have more signs to the lifts.
The room was spacious and clean and the bathroom was very large. The soap dispensers was the same idea as in the Hotel caribe, and although it's not very 4 star it is more environmentally friendly.
People should realize that stars are given on facilities all round and not on bathroom freebies!
The dinner and breakfast buffets were good, not perfect, but then again, it's not a-la carte. The desserts have to get a particular mention as they were superb.
The mini disco and entertainment for kids was lovely, our child enjoyed it very much.
The check-in was as usual in these hotels, with a long queue, although there were 7/8 receptionists and the queues went relatively fast, we waited for about half an hour.
An added bonus was that our rooms were ready to move into straight away, I'm assuming that this is because of the time of year.
I have to mention that the staff were marvelous and very helpful, there were plenty of waiters in the restaurant and everyone was great with the kids.
I like how the hotel has a little 'village square' with cafes and shops, the lady in the shop in the evening was very nice.
The gardens were nice although it was raining a lot and we couldn't fully explore the hotel.
We would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an hour from Barcelona, with direct access to the "Mediterranea" area of PortAventura Park, this Mediterranean-style hotel is a replica of a quaint fishing village, with splendid sweeping gardens and magnificent lake. De-stress after a hectic day at PortAventura Park and forget everything in this charming hamlet, very close to the sea, with its little villas surrounded by exuberant plant-life and two fantastic outdoor swimming pools. At Hotel PortAventura you will find all the necessary ingredients for a few days of relaxation, peace and, at the same time, escape and fun. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel and there is a wide range of typical authentic Mediterranean cuisine. In this hotel you feel the vitality, quality of life and healthy customs for which the towns of the Mediterranean are so famous. An authentic Costa Dorada villa where you are able to keep in shape at the gym, use the saunas, steam baths and jacuzzi and enjoy a pleasurable massage, your biggest allies after an intrepid day out at PortAventura Park. Access to PortAventura Park is unlimited and admission is included in the price of your stay. In 2015 the 20th anniversary of the opening of doors PortAventura is met and to celebrate in style with family, friends or partner, we expect you to live unforgettable moments. This year PortAventura presents the new how will offer its Soleil Cirque in the Resort, Amaluna. Furthermore, in 2016 Ferrari Land will open in Europe PortAventura resot to offer a real race track, the highest and most rapid vertical accelerator in Europe and the first luxury hotel themed for the first time in the history of the Ferrari brand, including other surprises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Alpha Holidays Limited, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your PortAventura Hotel PortAventura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portaventura Hotel Salou
- Port Aventura Salou
- Port Aventura Hotel
- Hotel Portaventura
- Aventura Hotel Port
- Hotel Port Aventura Salou
- PortAventura Hotel PortAventura Salou, Costa Dorada