We just arrived 03.05 in the afternoon and will stay another 2,5 days so it's just our first impression but unfortunately it's not good at all. We are with a toddler 2,5 years old so to make our stay more comfortable decided to book club woody and friend to minimize waiting time and have more attention to our needs.
The first problem appeared as soon as we arrived we didn't anticipate that there is no comfortable way to get to the hotel if you arrived by train - there is no taxi/ shuttle/ whatever so only alternative was to walk with luggage and small child - not a pleasant beginning at all.
Finally getting to the reception after 15-20 minutes very tired we were standing in a line just to know that we had to go to guest service to check in there there as we booked club woody. (It would be helpful more comprehensive signs to mark where to go.)
Honestly at that moment I wanted key from the room not some special guest service. And there was no special service :) no refreshing towel, no welcome drink, nothing you can expect at a good hotel. Just a girl whose only advantage was that she speaks Russian (not really that important for us). After my remark that some way of transportation from the railway station wasn't considered by the hotel she made a grimace: you arrived by train??? Mmm. She gave us just a bit information limited mostly to what we asked and some important facts we got to know only from the experience and some other staff. (Eg that drink in minibar is included - first refill, that there a lot of limits at the park with child height even in recommended after question Sesam area and so on, limits on usage of priority pass in Sesam area, possibility to rent a stroller/car in the park, very incomplete information on restaurants and types of food available - and I don't know staff is just not informed or not interested in clients)
Wi-fi is quite slow as well and for a password we had to go to the reception.
It looks we finished with negative moments. As for positive - room impressed the child and improve the mood though tile floor I don't like with a small child. The Hotel territory is nice and pleasant.
Access to park close and easy, rides are impressive but please keep in mind that If child is under 1 m you have really poor choice (maybe about 8 attractions).
We'll add some new impressions after additional days we still have.
Andrey and Natalia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an hour from Barcelona, with direct access to the "Mediterranea" area of PortAventura Park, this Mediterranean-style hotel is a replica of a quaint fishing village, with splendid sweeping gardens and magnificent lake. De-stress after a hectic day at PortAventura Park and forget everything in this charming hamlet, very close to the sea, with its little villas surrounded by exuberant plant-life and two fantastic outdoor swimming pools. At Hotel PortAventura you will find all the necessary ingredients for a few days of relaxation, peace and, at the same time, escape and fun. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel and there is a wide range of typical authentic Mediterranean cuisine. In this hotel you feel the vitality, quality of life and healthy customs for which the towns of the Mediterranean are so famous. An authentic Costa Dorada villa where you are able to keep in shape at the gym, use the saunas, steam baths and jacuzzi and enjoy a pleasurable massage, your biggest allies after an intrepid day out at PortAventura Park. Access to PortAventura Park is unlimited and admission is included in the price of your stay. In 2015 the 20th anniversary of the opening of doors PortAventura is met and to celebrate in style with family, friends or partner, we expect you to live unforgettable moments. This year PortAventura presents the new how will offer its Soleil Cirque in the Resort, Amaluna. Furthermore, in 2016 Ferrari Land will open in Europe PortAventura resot to offer a real race track, the highest and most rapid vertical accelerator in Europe and the first luxury hotel themed for the first time in the history of the Ferrari brand, including other surprises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TravelUp, Ebookers, Odigeo, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your PortAventura Hotel PortAventura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portaventura Hotel Salou
- Port Aventura Salou
- Port Aventura Hotel
- Hotel Portaventura
- Aventura Hotel Port
- Hotel Port Aventura Salou
- PortAventura Hotel PortAventura Salou, Costa Dorada