“Excellent 3 star hotel”
Review of Ohtels Belvedere

Ohtels Belvedere
Ranked #10 of 93 Hotels in Salou
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and the standard is reliably high on all ocassions.The staff are friendly,helpful and happy.The hotel is in a good loacation 20 minutes walk to port aventura,10 minutes to the sea.The food is very nice and a good choice for all ages and tastes.Salou has plenty of bars within walking distance and all offer something for everybody.I would stay again as it is a nice safe hotel in a good location,but remember it is a 3 star hotel but a very good one.

Room Tip: High rooms are the best
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
David J, Director Hotel at Ohtels Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Dear family,

Thank you very much for your comments. They show us you had a good time with the Belvedere family.

As you may imagine, this is our main target, the satisfaction of all our guests, and when we can read comments like yours we know we have to follow the same path to improve.

Thank you again for your opinions and we hope to see you back next summer.

Kind regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,945)

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel from 29 June - 06 July 2013 with my 5 year old son.

Staff: Overall Great, with one exception! They made every effort to speak with my and my son in English as we knew very little Spanish. Reason for 4* and not 5 --> One of the dining room staff gave us into trouble for sitting at a table with four seats during breakfast - might i note that the dining room only had a few other couples in it at this point i.e. There was no family of four waiting to be seated!

Entertainment: The entertainment was mainly in Spanish. Myself and my son, as mentioned above, know no Spanish but we still had a good time. You get out what you put in so if you are not willing to be involved and have fun - then you probably wont!The entertainment staff worked really hard and always made an effort to say Hello if they saw you around the hotel. The pool inflatables were also a source of great entertainment !!

Rooms: Clean and tidy. Room Service came every day to clean our room but as we weren't very messy I usually just left the Do Not Disburb sign on the door and would ask her to swap towels over when i saw the cart in our hallway. We had a room at the side of the hotel and I found that this was particularly noisy in the evenings as partygoers from nearby places were out and about and killing some particularly good karaoke songs !!

Food: The food was very repetitive. We were half board and are both quite fussy eaters so found that we tended to eat out quite a lot. We didn't try very much as we are not adventurous eaters but everyone else seemed to enjoy the hotel food. There is always fresh fruit at meal times and the hotel will make you a "packed lunch" if you are going out for the day.

Other guests: There were a lot of French & Spanish families at this hotel. This wasnt a problem but my son did find himself getting a bit lonely at times as there was little interaction with others his age due to language barriers. It was 5 days before he "found a friend" to play with.

Location: Central to beach; shops and Portaventura.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryl L

Dear Cheryl,

Thanks a lot for investing some of your time to write down some words on your stay with us. We are very proud you had a good stay and we will try to solve those small things than can occur, but that can also be easily solved.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you back next summer.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel the last week of August and first week of September. It was our first holiday aboard together, and were very excited. Although reading some of the reviews I was a little apprehensive, but once on arrival those worries were put to rest pretty quickly. The staff were friendly, helpful and spoke English which helped a lot, as my Spanish is very rusty. The room was fantastic, we had an amazing view looking over the pool and it caught the sun perfectly as well. Plenty of room for the two of us in the room, bed was comfy and was always kept clean by the staff. The food was good, although my boyfriend was quite picky about certain foods especially sea food night which the hotel held, but I enjoyed the food there was a variety which suited to me. I think if you have a picky taste you may struggle however with this food. The location of the hotel was the amazing, walking distance to EVERYTHING! We had portaventure tickets and the park was only 15 minutes walk away which was amazing, plenty of Irish and English bars around as well, we spent a lot of time in the Dubliner, which I would recommend for cheap enough drink and great entertainment every night after 9pm. The beach was fantastic, only five minutes up the road, was always packed though because of the amazing weather so I wasn't surprised and enjoyed going in the late afternoon. Over all this holiday was perfect for us, we got everything we paid for, it was an amazing hotel I am surprised it is only three stars to be honest but aw well. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone! Its for sure a 4*+ in my head to be honest.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room which over looks the pool! Great view and you catch the sun perfectly after...
4  Thank Rachel B
David J, Director Hotel at Ohtels Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you very much for your comments.

Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel from 27th August until 7th September this year.Neither my wife or I can make any complaints about the hotel ,from the evening we arrived until the afternoon we left ,we experienced nothing but courtesy and great service from every member of staff we dealt with ,from Reception staff ,dining-room staff,chamber-maids .every one was excellent.Our room was adequate for our needs,we had a pool-side room which led to a great veranda view for the Evening entertainment ,which we both found varied and enjoyable.This is a very family-orientated hotel ,and the Entertainment staff in particular worked their collective socks off to please everyone ,and the Mini-Disco in the evening was particularly enjoyable to watch the little children dance about so enthusiastically.The food was on the whole lovely ,and the Dessert themselves were beautifully presented.My wife and I enjoyed a Day Trip to Barcelona to visit the Camp Nou stadium(for me) and a couple of hours shopping(for her).We were back in Salou by about 8pm ,and for 32 Euros this is a great value trip.Salou itself we found to be a lovely resort with plenty to occupy our time...Cap Salou ,which we drove through en-route to Barcelona looks very scenic and we will visit Cap Salou ourselves on our next visit.My wife and I both had a lovely time on this ,our first visit to Salou...We will certainly return next year and as for The Belvedere Hotel ,my wife Janice won't stay anywhere else....High praise indeed...

Room Tip: A poolside room at the left-hand of the hotel gives a great view of the Entertainment stage
1  Thank Charlie D

Dear Charlie,

Thank you very much for your words. It is a pleasure for us that your stay was so good. We work very hard for the satisfaction of our guests, and comments like yours make all our efforts worthwhile.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

was a bit apprehensive as we always go 4* and all inc this hotel is 3* and half board their was no need to worry this was a great hotel lovely staff and great food with different theme nights in the resteraunt the desserts were to die for and were made to a high standard.
their was a 10 minute walk to the town centre where their are plenty of bars, one in particular the black bull what a lovely couple ste and sue are they make you feel very welcome and vicky works her socks off a great quiz every night and bingo with prizes upto £500

1  Thank LiverpoolKatie

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. As far as food is concerned, the satisfaction of our guests has become one of our main targets, so it is a pleasure to realise that you really enjoyed it.

We hope this positive experience make you choose our hotel again for a future holiday.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

we a family of 5 have just returned from 2 weeks in salou, our family consists of 2 teenager boys and a toddler. The hotel belvedere is a excellent hotel and we enjoyed every moment of it. The service we experienced was excellent the room was a little on the small side but thats what we expected has its only used for sleeps, our room was cleaned every day and towels were changed when needed. The food was lovely, plenty of choice the staff worked really hard,if food was running low it was quickly replaced,tables were cleared promtly, and the man who greeted at the dining hall was a lovely kind man who took time out to speak to you and the children. I did not have any issues with other guests. The pool was was fine and we managed to get sunbeds everyday. The entertainers did there best to entertain guests, we did not get chance 2 see them on a evening has there is alot to do away from the hotel. You have the town close by lots of shops and bars and places to eat lf you wanted to, we didnt need to eat out. With thomson we had a two week pass to portventura which was excellent value for money, We picked this hotel because of the reviews and was pleased to be able to write a good one to. Overall you could not wish for a better hotel and really deserves to be a 4 star.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sarah g
David J, Director Hotel at Ohtels Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear Sarah,

Thank you very much for all your comments. There is not much to add to your comments, but a big big thank you. Well, just one suggestion, the next time you come to Salou, if you decide to choose Belvedere again, just manage to stay at night and watch our shows, because the entertainment team work hard to make all our guests spend a good time, and we guarantee some laughters.

Thank you again for your words and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Myself, my girlfriend and my mother and father stayed at the Belvedere Hotel from the 28th of August to the 4th of September. We found that it was located in the perfect location, a ten minute walk away from the beach and also the nightlife. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. We went for the bed and breakfast option and we found there was a wide variety of both cooked food and cold buffet food, probably best to go to breakfast a little early as after 9:30 it gets rather busy. The rooms are rather small. We were lucky enough to have two double beds in each of our rooms, there was plenty of wardrobe space to hang your clothes up. The rooms are cleaned everyday and the towels are replenished daily. The swimming pool is a decent size but rather cold, took me a few attempts to get in. There are many sunbeds and there was never a problem getting one, although many get reserved early morning by the use of towels. The pool side bar was priced reasonable and there's various drinks and food options.The hotel is perfect for any families with young kids with loads of entertainment during the day and night, it probably isn't recommended for couples who are after a relaxing hotel as it can be noisy at times.

Overall, we had a fantastic stay and would definitely return in the future.
Id fully recommend visiting The Grapevine bar where you can purchase a pint of San Miguel for one euro fifty, and the full English breakfast is the perfect hangover cure.

1  Thank BenSpencer93

Dear Ben,

Thank you very much for your comments. We try our best to offer you a high satisfaction during your stay at the Belvedere, and it looks our efforts are rewarded with opinions such as yours.

Once more, thank you and we hope to see you back next year.