“GENUINE TRUTHFUL REVIEW”
Review of Ohtels Belvedere

Ohtels Belvedere
Ranked #10 of 93 Hotels in Salou
Reviewed 10 June 2014

After reading some of the reviews on here I was left worried about what to expect.... I was pleasantly surprised on arrival, the reception was clean, the check in was quick and the reception staff were friendly, we went to our room which I was disapointed for a family room described as double room with cot space it was very small, no cot space, two double beds pushed together. But it was manageable. We took a walk and the hotel is in a great location very close to shops and beach and restaurants.over the week we found there was a good variety of food however it was somewhat repetitive beggars can't be choosers when your getting a variety each meal. The bar staff were amazingly friendly and I had many chats with them. Mauhammod in the restaurant was so quick it was unreal he deserves a mention he looks like a hard worker, Francesco was friendly however the rest of the restaurant staff seemed a bit rude and not good English. The hotel is clean but the large pool area was dirty with flies and cockroaches in the bottom. The entertainment team were good, I did think they could do with speaking more english as it does seem more for Spanish however towards the end of my week a new lady from holland started who was English speaking so they must be working on that. The overall opinion is it is a good hotel and if in salou I would return, it is family friendly. However I was quite angry to see a child with chicken pox in the baby pool. I heard people complaining and apparently te manager said it was not contagious as it was scanned over however it was not scanned over they was yellow puss filled spots and I raised my concerns with a lady in reception as the manager wa not in, I did leave my room number but he did not come to see me. I think I was the 3rd or 4th person to complain about it but nobody done anything about it, I'm just glad none of my children came out in any spots before we come home as we wouldn't be able to fly home. If they come out in them now it's not such a big deal. Big thumbs up to some amazing people we met though Martina and family Mandy and family Matthews family and Ellie's family xx

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Tanyabeanz123
Antonio P, Director Hotel at Ohtels Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear family,
Firstly we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent family holidays and we are glad that independently of some minor issues you are satisfied with it.
In second place about the minor issues just let you know that we’ll work on them to still improving and offering the best service to all our guests although I would like to point some of them to do not bring some potential guest to misunderstanding.
In reference to the dirty pool area would like to inform that it’s daily cleaned in the early morning before its opening to make sure that it’s absolutely ready for the bath, none cockroaches have ever been found in the pool and was not informed to our SOS during your stay the way we could proceed, a part from that the SOS is constantly guarding the pool area and if some animal as flies could be, which in summer because of temperature are more common fall into it, he clean all the perimeter as many times as needed during the day , as well with tree leaves or anything that the wind can bring into the water.
About the child with chicken pox the management of the hotel was informed all the time about the issue and I spoke directly with some parents that came to me in my regular visits to the pool to express their concerns about it, but as I personally inform some of the parents the child was not in the contagious period of the sickness and was over it already when staying with us, the spots even if they are visibly alarming were the signal that the incubation of the sickness was finished. So a apart of calming everyone worried about it and recommend to enjoy the holidays nothing else could be done. We really care about the health of all our clients and if contagious sickness would put on risk the health of some others guests we would not allow it.
I hope my words help you to understand the way we work and proceed in some specific cases.
Thanks again and looking forward to welcome you back.
Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,945)

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Just arrived back from a fortnight`s stay our first time at this Resort we were feeling a little apprehensive after reading bad reviews before we left but mostly were thankfully unfounded. The hotel was clean in all areas, the rooms were on the small side if you had 4 to a room, Linen changed twice weekly towels daily. we were a chair missing on the balcony and within a couple of hours one was brought. The staff were friendly especially Franchesco from the restaurant! the pool was plenty big enough but beds were very close together the only down side was after a week of inflatables being in the pool the Hotel Director (we were told ) banned them so after people paying money out for these items couldn`t use them maybe a sign up somewhere could have saved a few euros. The food was repetitive as in most hotels but better quality than we have had in four star so not to bothered. The children`s animation team were brilliant with my grandchildren they were in and out of the club all day a special mention for Annah and Jato the other one Caroline according to another parent had been talking like a school teacher to a naughty class as if she had no patience so I took mine out which was a shame as it was their last day, All in all a fabulous holiday some fab evening entertainment the kids loved it will definitely return to this hotel

3  Thank june c
Antonio P, Director Hotel at Ohtels Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your confidence in us, we are glad you enjoyed your holidays. We'll work to satisfy even more you and your family in your next visit.

kind regards

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Just back after a fortnight and abit disappointed with the hotel..breakfast time was standard but the evening meal buffet was very disappointing and seemed to be repeated every other night. We were on a half board basis and by the end of day five,we were not looking forward to it so began to eat out in salou town itself. A few times we were left one clean towel for the four of us and had to ask regularly for toilet roll from reception as none was left in room. We also had one chair on the balcony and ask several times for another as most had a table with three chairs but got no joy from reception. The life guard changed his mind daily to if the children were allowed inflatables/ball games in pool and wether you needed a hair cap on in jacuzzi. The animation team were good but had very little resources to work with and evening entertainment was repeated weekly. There was also 200 or so school children for several days which were stopping at hotel and ran riot on a night time around hotel and grounds causing havoc.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Antonio P, Director Hotel at Ohtels Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your recent stay in our hotel and really appreciate your comments about it.
In reference to your comments would like to point some of them, firstly would like to inform you that the inflatables are not allowed to be in the pool as stated in the rules panel in its entrance, it’s just a safety reason because if pool is plenty of inflatables the guard is not able to control the whole pool surface as he should. Secondly the SOS does not decide if the head cap is needed or not to go into the Jacuzzi because it’s mandatory as per hygiene reasons for every guest to wear it as stated too in the rules panel stated in the spa area, so the SOS just inform the guests and tries that all our guests will meet the standards the kindest way possible.
We are sorry that our plenty choice of meals offer did not fulfill your expectations even if the variety and food quality are our musts aware of the importance for the guests satisfaction result, that’s why we strictly follow the menus plan in order the guests during their stays we’ll have the opportunity to eat plenty variety of different products and if repeated always cooked different way.
Finally we’ll note down the incidences you had with the housekeeping department in order to improve our service and do not repeat them again, we do apologize for the inconveniences it could cause you.
Unfortunately you are not fully satisfied with your stay and we will do our best to fully satisfy your expectations if coming back.
Kind regards

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I traveled on this holiday with my husband, daughter and her friend (both 17) last summer and it was faultless, apart from checking in as this took half an hour to an hour as our room were not ready, nether the less we passed the time in the hotels bar playing pool, and when we did eventually get our rooms they were spotless! We spent most of our days sat around the pool regularly getting drinks and ice creams from the bar.

At the start of the holiday I was worried about what the two teenagers would do, as i didn't want them to get bored but the entertainment team (Alfie in particular) had games of darts, jenga, water aerobics and even a foam party to keep them occupied which they seemed to really enjoy. Speaking of the entertainment team, we never really stayed around at night as there was so much to do in the centre, but on one occasion we did they had a hilarious show on with alfie and joey (the lifeguard even got involved!!) which made us all cry from laughter as it contained audience participation and was full of humour (and was mainly done in english so it was easy to understand!).

One day we decided to by a ticket from our thompson rep to go to portaventura for the day/night. This was in walking distance and it was a fun day out with rides for everybody. After we finished we walked back to the hotel to get changed and eat, and then went back at night to the theme park for more rides and a parade/firework show which was beautiful and a lot of fun.

The food was always nice and full of variety and the staff member on the door of the restaurant was always cheery and very pleasant. The pizza made was fresh and by far one of the nicest pizza's I have ever tasted, however there is a long queue for it so be prepared to wait and grab fast. During our evening meals we would even find some of the entertainers dressing up, walking around making sure everyone was okay and having a good time. Sometimes they dressed up as homer and even a drag queen which was the highlight of all evening meals!

Unlike most hotels, you don't have to wake up at ridiculous times to claim a sunbed as there are plenty around and by 9:30 there are still loads left, which kept my husband happy as on holidays he is used to waking up at 6am just so we can get a sunbed.

This place is wonderful and ignore the negative reviews. It is a 3 star hotel but in my honest opinion it should be a lot more than that. All the staff were friendly and ready to help. If you have an early morning flight home like we did, ask at reception if you can have an early breakfast which will allow you access to the restaurant to have food (no hot food though) before your flight home. Thank you to the staff for making this hotel a wonderful place, we had an excellent time full of smiles and laughter.

Room Tip: The rooms with the pool view are the quite ones as all entertainment stops at 11pm, so most people g...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ClaireHollo

Dear guest,

We are grateful of your nice comments and really happy because one year after you still remembering your holidays with us.

Would like to welcome you again

kind regards

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Overall very pleased with our stay, nice and clean, and well kept hotel, reception staff always happy to help and answer questions.
Bar staff very helpful and jolly, only criticism is not enough of them on busy evenings, struggled to get served, though they tried there best.

Food good, breakfast and evening meals. Great walking location to Portventura and beach

Would definitely return and recommend hotel and staff

Room Tip: Room overlooked the pool, balcony, very good
1  Thank Shaun B

Dear guest,

Thank you for sending us your comments, we are happy that overall you had a pleasant stay with us.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Regards

Reviewed 31 May 2014

just back from a 7 night stay at belvedere hotel,arrived on the 23rd may check in took about 10 min,our rooms were small but very clean,cleaners in every day,with a selection of toiletries and clean towels,staff were great,evening entertainment was ok,we went half board with plenty of choice for breakfast and evening meal,even for my 3 fussy eaters :) would deffinatley recommend this hotel,location is great to 10 min walk to portaventura and the centre of salou.will be going back next year.

4  Thank Jacqueline J
Antonio P, Director Hotel at Ohtels Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear family,

We are absolutely glad of your satisfaction with your recent stay in our hotel.

Looking forward to see you all back next year

Wish you a nice summer

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had a faultless stay here for 10 nights in April 2014. Paid a bargain £30 a night for half board.

I have nothing but praise for this hotel. The staff, facilities and above all the quality of the meals we had are outstanding. The amount of choice available is incredible. I've never seen anything like it! Practically anything you want is here. Fresh pizzas, omelettes, roast dinners, puddings, local cuisine, toasties. You name it, they cook it! We had a fantastic welcome every day here from the staff and I must give special mention to Francisco (?) who was one of the nicest people you could ever meet. I wish I knew the names of the other waiting staff. They were utterly lovely and especially good with our daughter.

The pool and stuff for children to do was great. We loved the 'Mini Disco'! De-diddly-de-de.. BYE BYE!

Our room was great, despite being on the first floor right above the bar. Once the entertainment (which was also great) ended around 11pm, it was lights out and the hotel was silent really right the way through the night. I had such a good Wifi signal for VoIP in the room and around most of Salou (the beaches, parks, Burger King, etc) that my roaming bill was slashed to zero the whole time we were here.

We had a lot of fun in the bar watching all the pensioners arriving for the free shows, never purchasing a single drink for the evening and blocking the fire exits to make sure they got the best view of the Flamenco dancing!

The only problem we had - which was in no way the hotel's fault - was using the appalling Ryanair PlusAirportline transfer service from Reus airport. What a joke. It's really bad. No signs when you arrive, no mention of where to go in the documents they email you and they were utterly clueless about when we were being picked up from the hotel for the return journey. I emailed them almost daily to ask what time was the pick-up and they didn't know. Avoid them at all costs and use the local bus - Bus Plana - which was great and cheap too.

We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank CockneyBrum
Antonio P, Director Hotel at Ohtels Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you in the name of the whole Belvedere staff for your comments, we are glad that our effort become your satisfaction.

looking forward to welcome you back soon

kindest regards