“Mrs ratcliffr” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ohtels Belvedere

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ohtels Belvedere
Ranked #13 of 95 Hotels in Salou
“Mrs ratcliffr”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel is lovely quick check in and drink on arrival rooms lovely and clean maid service every day if you don't want them in leave do not disturb hanger on door. Entertainment good for the kids never had to get up early for sunbed there's plenty. Staff are lovely in restaurant how ever food wasn't good did have two nice days but most of the time it was cold my little girl got a burger that was red raw and smelt awful it was off even the waitress pulled face so kinda put us off eating the selection for children wasn't good either my daughter only ate chips and rice because they just wasn't anything else other then chicken nuggets the odd days. Puddings are lovely couldn't fault them as was the salad good choice would stay here again but will eat else were definitely book again in future

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Antonio P, Director Hotel at Ohtels Belvedere, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear guest,

thanks for your visit and sending us your comments about your stay.

wishing to see you back soon

kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Glasgow
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We arrived at just after 9pm and were told we would get a meal at 10 due to the traveling. Waited in the bar until after 11 with no one telling us anything eventually gave up and just went to a shop for some snacks. When we went into our room we where disapointed with the lack of food and the air conditioning being at the door far away from the bed. Hotel reception wernt very helpful and we actually found out most details from another couple that arrived with us. Also noted that some guests got complementary drinks something that wasn't offered to us. Spent most of the time watching the entertainment from the hotel across as virtually none at this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Antonio P, Director Hotel at Ohtels Belvedere, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sending us your opinion about your stay, unfortunately you are not satisfied with it. Let me point few things about it; Cold dinners are prepared for every guest whom is arriving after 2130h when the restaurant is closing, normal buffet is available daily in this season from 18.30 till 21.30h so full buffet was available when check in in anyway the cold dinners are served in the same restaurant as you were informed when check in.
Complementary drinks are offered during the check in only if there's some line to wait for it, the way we do more comfortable the process to the new guests. Finally about the entertainment we have daily entertainment for our guest with two different programs for adults and children, between 6/7 daily activities are planned every day for each group and daily mini disco and night shows, so sincerely we can not agree with you on the lack of entertainment when a team of 4 people is doing their best to entertain all our guests.
We are looking forward to welcome you and have the opportunity to show you on first hand how enyojable the holidays in Belvedere are.

notts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived at 7-45pm booked in very quickly ,room ok nothing great, went down for meal ,restaurant (in desperate need of painting and new furniture) food very bland ,if you like chicken then this is the place for you because its on every night! Anyway we then had a couple of drinks before heading back to our room for a shower and bed .Only after 5 mins showering a guy from reception knocked on our door and told us to be quiet !The hotel is in a good area to explore the tourist side of salou but a good walk from old town .this is my 8th visit to salou and have found to my cost cheap isn't always best Pay extra and go elsewhere its just ya basic bland 3*

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank rush2112Notts
Dear guest,

Thanks for your review, we will still working hard to improve our service.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We have recently returned from a week’s holiday in Salou. We stayed half board at the Belevedere. We had a fantastic holiday on the whole but there were a few points on the hotel that was a bit of a let-down then others that were really positive.
We arrived at 11am and our rooms were not ready and they asked us to come back at 1pm, this was a little frustrating after being up all morning travelling and for our rooms not to be ready. (I had also seen on previous posts that a complimentary cocktail was given out on check in and we also saw other people being given these on different days but we were not offered these!) There was a secure room to keep all suit cases locked up in however anyone who had checked in could have had access to this room.
Check in was slow and some of the reception staff spoke very little English, the rooms were a little smaller than I had imagined and we were disappointed there was no fridge in the room, however the room was very clean, the bathroom was a decent size, it had nice large mirrored wardrobes, and a large balcony, and I must say the beds were comfortable compared to beds you normally get abroad, and the room also had air con.
We also asked for extra pillows and these were brought to us within the hour which was good.
The hotel has free WiFi in the reception areas and the rooms.
The pool area was lovely and very clean; the baby pool was nice and warmer for the little ones. There were plenty of Sunbeds at all times and there was a lifeguard on duty at all times.
The cleaners were very thorough and nice and polite, rooms were cleaned daily, the beds remade and clean towels were left. The hotel had a gym and sauna although we didn’t use these they looked nice.
The snack bar only opened on the last day we were there and we ordered some food but this was not the best at all, in fact the chicken nuggets were pink in the middle! I took them back and asked for a refund. They insisted on tasting them and they said they tasted “ok” and then they offered to put them in the fryer again and cook them for longer for me! I obviously declined and asked for a refund which they did eventually give me.
The entertainment team really tried and made an effort to get people involved in little activities they ran throughout the day. The young man who rang most of the entertainment was very friendly and brilliant with the kids on the evening’s mini disco but then I found the majority of the entertainment a little bit of a let-down with the exception of the Flamenco dances which were brilliant.
The location of the hotel was fantastic and was a 10 minute walk to the lovely beaches. If possible I would advise you request a pool view room because it was noisy from the other side due to live entertainment from another hotel. Luckily we had a pool view.
The food was one of the main disappointments in this hotel. We stayed half board. The breakfast was the best of the meals although the bacon/sausages were always swimming in grease, there was a large selection and you could have freshly made omelettes or pancakes for a short wait. The evening meal however was a let-down. With 2 young children we found there was not a great selection of kids meals and we struggled to find them something to eat as a decent meal. The food was definitely aimed and targeted more for the Spanish guests in the hotel. There was fresh joints every night which were nice but then the other main meals were always odd choices such as Rabbit or Veal etc and unfortunately getting a 6 and 2 year old to eat this was a struggle so it was the same old stuff every night, we therefore decided to eat out for the last 3 nights which was a cost we hadn’t counted on.
The main head of the canteen Antonio was very friendly and lovely with the kids however some of the waitress were a bit rude (we were even shouted at one night by a young woman for sitting on a table set up for 8 people when there were only 6 of us in our party and that we had to sit someone where else! We looked around and all the other tables were for 4 people so we said to her “can you find us somewhere else to sit” and she replied “oh just sit there then!” This was on our 4th evening there which added in our decision to eat out the final 3 nights.
On the whole this hotel has the potential to be a lot better than it is, with improve food and a little more customer service.

2 Thank Kathryn P
Antonio P, Director Hotel at Ohtels Belvedere, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear guest.

Whole Belvedere staff thank you for enjoying your holidays with us and hope that you will have a good memory of your stay.
Thanks too for sending us your opinion which will be very useful to still improving our service for coming guests however i would like to point some of your comments.
The complementary drinks are offered to check in guests whom had to wait for the check in process if rooms are available, if not we kindly offer the luggage room which is 24 hours recorded by CCTV to deposit their bags while rooms are ready, check in time is 14 pm and rooms are check in earlier always possible the way new clients can start to relax and enjoy their holidays the soonest possible.
We are not offering mini fridge in the room as stated in all agencies brochures, fridge is available in the front desk only for medicines if needed.
Our pool snack bar opened the 04th of june and will be open till the end of September, offering nice selection of cocktails and fast food, we are glad that your punctual incident was solved the way you expected.
Since last weekend 06th june and attending the increase of kids visiting us from now till the end of the season we have already opened the child buffet, which is lower ( childs height) than adults one and with special food selection that child normally like, the way the kids can enjoy the dinner choosing whatever they prefer.
We are sorry that our large variety of Mediterranean food did not fulfill your expectations, many types of meat and fish are offered in one week stay as per our menus which we strictly follow.
We will still improving on your main comments always looking for the guests satisfaction, thanks for helping us.

Kettering
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

After reading some of the reviews on here I was left worried about what to expect.... I was pleasantly surprised on arrival, the reception was clean, the check in was quick and the reception staff were friendly, we went to our room which I was disapointed for a family room described as double room with cot space it was very small, no cot space, two double beds pushed together. But it was manageable. We took a walk and the hotel is in a great location very close to shops and beach and restaurants.over the week we found there was a good variety of food however it was somewhat repetitive beggars can't be choosers when your getting a variety each meal. The bar staff were amazingly friendly and I had many chats with them. Mauhammod in the restaurant was so quick it was unreal he deserves a mention he looks like a hard worker, Francesco was friendly however the rest of the restaurant staff seemed a bit rude and not good English. The hotel is clean but the large pool area was dirty with flies and cockroaches in the bottom. The entertainment team were good, I did think they could do with speaking more english as it does seem more for Spanish however towards the end of my week a new lady from holland started who was English speaking so they must be working on that. The overall opinion is it is a good hotel and if in salou I would return, it is family friendly. However I was quite angry to see a child with chicken pox in the baby pool. I heard people complaining and apparently te manager said it was not contagious as it was scanned over however it was not scanned over they was yellow puss filled spots and I raised my concerns with a lady in reception as the manager wa not in, I did leave my room number but he did not come to see me. I think I was the 3rd or 4th person to complain about it but nobody done anything about it, I'm just glad none of my children came out in any spots before we come home as we wouldn't be able to fly home. If they come out in them now it's not such a big deal. Big thumbs up to some amazing people we met though Martina and family Mandy and family Matthews family and Ellie's family xx

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Tanyabeanz123
Antonio P, Director Hotel at Ohtels Belvedere, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear family,
Firstly we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent family holidays and we are glad that independently of some minor issues you are satisfied with it.
In second place about the minor issues just let you know that we’ll work on them to still improving and offering the best service to all our guests although I would like to point some of them to do not bring some potential guest to misunderstanding.
In reference to the dirty pool area would like to inform that it’s daily cleaned in the early morning before its opening to make sure that it’s absolutely ready for the bath, none cockroaches have ever been found in the pool and was not informed to our SOS during your stay the way we could proceed, a part from that the SOS is constantly guarding the pool area and if some animal as flies could be, which in summer because of temperature are more common fall into it, he clean all the perimeter as many times as needed during the day , as well with tree leaves or anything that the wind can bring into the water.
About the child with chicken pox the management of the hotel was informed all the time about the issue and I spoke directly with some parents that came to me in my regular visits to the pool to express their concerns about it, but as I personally inform some of the parents the child was not in the contagious period of the sickness and was over it already when staying with us, the spots even if they are visibly alarming were the signal that the incubation of the sickness was finished. So a apart of calming everyone worried about it and recommend to enjoy the holidays nothing else could be done. We really care about the health of all our clients and if contagious sickness would put on risk the health of some others guests we would not allow it.
I hope my words help you to understand the way we work and proceed in some specific cases.
Thanks again and looking forward to welcome you back.
congleton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Just arrived back from a fortnight`s stay our first time at this Resort we were feeling a little apprehensive after reading bad reviews before we left but mostly were thankfully unfounded. The hotel was clean in all areas, the rooms were on the small side if you had 4 to a room, Linen changed twice weekly towels daily. we were a chair missing on the balcony and within a couple of hours one was brought. The staff were friendly especially Franchesco from the restaurant! the pool was plenty big enough but beds were very close together the only down side was after a week of inflatables being in the pool the Hotel Director (we were told ) banned them so after people paying money out for these items couldn`t use them maybe a sign up somewhere could have saved a few euros. The food was repetitive as in most hotels but better quality than we have had in four star so not to bothered. The children`s animation team were brilliant with my grandchildren they were in and out of the club all day a special mention for Annah and Jato the other one Caroline according to another parent had been talking like a school teacher to a naughty class as if she had no patience so I took mine out which was a shame as it was their last day, All in all a fabulous holiday some fab evening entertainment the kids loved it will definitely return to this hotel

3 Thank june c
Antonio P, Director Hotel at Ohtels Belvedere, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your confidence in us, we are glad you enjoyed your holidays. We'll work to satisfy even more you and your family in your next visit.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Just back after a fortnight and abit disappointed with the hotel..breakfast time was standard but the evening meal buffet was very disappointing and seemed to be repeated every other night. We were on a half board basis and by the end of day five,we were not looking forward to it so began to eat out in salou town itself. A few times we were left one clean towel for the four of us and had to ask regularly for toilet roll from reception as none was left in room. We also had one chair on the balcony and ask several times for another as most had a table with three chairs but got no joy from reception. The life guard changed his mind daily to if the children were allowed inflatables/ball games in pool and wether you needed a hair cap on in jacuzzi. The animation team were good but had very little resources to work with and evening entertainment was repeated weekly. There was also 200 or so school children for several days which were stopping at hotel and ran riot on a night time around hotel and grounds causing havoc.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Antonio P, Director Hotel at Ohtels Belvedere, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your recent stay in our hotel and really appreciate your comments about it.
In reference to your comments would like to point some of them, firstly would like to inform you that the inflatables are not allowed to be in the pool as stated in the rules panel in its entrance, it’s just a safety reason because if pool is plenty of inflatables the guard is not able to control the whole pool surface as he should. Secondly the SOS does not decide if the head cap is needed or not to go into the Jacuzzi because it’s mandatory as per hygiene reasons for every guest to wear it as stated too in the rules panel stated in the spa area, so the SOS just inform the guests and tries that all our guests will meet the standards the kindest way possible.
We are sorry that our plenty choice of meals offer did not fulfill your expectations even if the variety and food quality are our musts aware of the importance for the guests satisfaction result, that’s why we strictly follow the menus plan in order the guests during their stays we’ll have the opportunity to eat plenty variety of different products and if repeated always cooked different way.
Finally we’ll note down the incidences you had with the housekeeping department in order to improve our service and do not repeat them again, we do apologize for the inconveniences it could cause you.
Unfortunately you are not fully satisfied with your stay and we will do our best to fully satisfy your expectations if coming back.