“Brilliant hotel!”
Review of Ohtels Belvedere

Ohtels Belvedere
Ranked #10 of 93 Hotels in Salou
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a holiday traveling a bit around Spain. Despite other reviews we found the staff to be incredibly friendly with a great understanding of English (and I think it's ridiculous that other reviewers are complaining about the language barrier!! How many hotels in Britain learn multiple languages to accommodate the guests??? not many. If you're in a foreign country, learning the basic phrases in that language is courtesy, in my opinion). Anyway, we got on fine speaking in English and very broken Spanish to the staff.

Our room was lovely and clean, the breakfast and dinners were always great with plenty of choice which varied with each night.

The hotel is also within walking distance of the beach and Portaventura, it's a lovely stroll to either :)

We will definitely be back on our next visit to Salou!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JoGrisaffi1
Antonio P, Director Hotel at Ohtels Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear couple,

Thank you for choosing Belvedere and sending your comments, Whole hotel staff is satisfied with the positive feeling you have about your visit.

We hope to see you soon

Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,944)

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have just returned from a weeks holiday at the Belvedere Hotel and thoroughly enjoyed my stay along with my 18 year old son and his friend. Having read the good tripadvisor reviews beforehand it confirmed my decision to book this hotel.
Having a room on a high level floor, over looking the pool was what was recommended and therefore this was one of my preferences when booking. However, arriving very late at night we had been allocated first floor rooms overlooking the stage area, of which once I took a look at them, was not happy at all so straight away went to Reception (taking a copy of my booking requests with me.) The staff that were on that night were extremely helpful and once they had seen my booking details were quick to remedy the situation and we were offered two other rooms on the fourth floor over looking the pool. I was very happy with this and we moved rooms the next day with no problem at all. ( The first rooms we were offered did have double sized beds so we were slightly disappointed when the twin rooms we ended up in, had only single beds but this was to be expected really and can't complain.)

I had booked half board and there was always a variety of different food both in the morning for breakfast and for evening meal. Breakfasts consisted of cold meats/cheese/cereals fresh fruit/pastries/toast/croissants and cooked bacon, eggs, sausage, beans etc. Fruit juices, tea and coffee. In the evening there was always plenty of salad, pasta dishes, potatoes aswell as some kind of fish and meat (even had beautiful chunks of veal and duck) and allsorts of different vegetables. There was also more simpler food items such as chicken burgers, nuggets, scampi, chips.
My son has an allergy to nuts so I needed to find out where the food came from, how it was cooked etc so on my first visit for breakfast I spoke to the friendly gentleman that greeted us every morning with a smile , who then introduced me to the manager who then took me to the head chef! Fantastic...I couldn't have been happier. Infact, I have had worse treatment in the UK, when eating out, than I did at this hotel. My mind was completely put at ease having discussed the options regarding meals and desserts in particular. Very, very helpful.

I had no problem with ANY of the staff at all. Receptionist Maria and others were always very pleasant. The housekeepers cleaned our rooms well enough, changed sheets and towels, replaced loo rolls and emptied bin in bathroom. I also noticed some staff cleaning the windows throughout the week we were there......

There is a lovely pool and plenty of sunbeds to use. Outside bar and seating area all kept very clean and tidy. There is a well organised event programme for children which takes place at various times throughout the day (shown on a big notice board inside) and the team of guys running it are fabulous. The kids loved them and it was funny to watch them do the dance routines poolside. During our stay there was water polo at 5pm for half an hour on 4 days of the week, of which my son took part in and was also good to watch.

My only criticism of this hotel would be the spa/gym. It really needs more working equipment and perhaps made a 'child free zone'. The jacuzzi nearly always had 2 or 3 children in there and it wasn't really a place to relax. Needs modernising and making more of a peaceful retreat perhaps with some gentle music playing.

I am a person who likes peace and quiet so because of the childrens entertainment it wasn't always like that......BUT it is a family hotel therefore it was expected so I have no complaints in that area.

Overall, we had a thoroughly enjoyable experience at the Belvedere and I would definately go again.

Incidently, the bustling lively town of Salou is fabulous especially when lit up at night. Beach is an easy 10 minute walk away. Great supermarket Michaelangelos nearby. We took a trip out to Nou Camp Stadium for 35euros including transport and guide there and back (Busplanna in centre) also kids went to Portaventura 15 min walk away. Prices vary but I would definately wait until you are in Salou before buying tickets and get them when over there. At the moment, there is an offer on that if you buy 3 packets of sweets ( and show voucher on it) you can get a 20 euro discount on entry. Again prices vary but one day is 45euros....we managed to get an offer at a different sales office of 50euros for 2 days.

Great location, great beach, great hotel.....great restaurants and bars. I preferred the spanish ones but the kids liked the english ones (The Grapevine in particular) .....

Blah...blah...blah...I could go on and on.....:)

Room Tip: High floor room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Marion S

Dear Madam,
Thank you for spending your holidays with us, it was a pleasure to meet you personally and have the opportunity to help you and know your point of view about our hotel in first hand . We are glad you enjoyed your stay in Belvedere and we were able to fulfill your expectations in many respects. Regarding the spa we hope to include some improvements on it to make it more attractive for the next season.
We wish you a nice summer, looking forward to welcome you again next year.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Could management help me with a few questions? We are arrive Sunday night at approx 9.30, we do not require dinner - is it possible to request a pack lunch one day instead? Is it possible to request a non-smoking room as my child has asthma. Can we also request a pool view room? And finally do the men have to wear long trousers at dinner? I look forward to your reply.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SarahwC8806EL
Antonio P, Director Hotel at Ohtels Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear guest,

We are glad you booked with us your upcoming holidays, we wish you a nice stay. In reference to your requests as per TripAdvisor conditions we are not able to answer you trough this web page, we kindly ask you to send your requests via our official web page.
Thanks so much
Looking forward to welcome you

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My girlfriend and I may be fairly inexperienced abroad, but our idea of a quality hotel was far different to this supposed '3 star hotel'.

The first subject of scrutiny has to be the staff. Being english, and knowing that this hotel 'welcomes' (although i use that term lightly) many english people per year, I expected some way of communicating with the staff of the Belvedere a little easier, other than having to use sign language and taking ridiculous amounts of time just to explain the smaller issues that arose on our holiday. For instance, it took a good couple of minutes just to explain to one of your staff members what toilet roll was, and that we hadn't received any from the maids who are supposed to refill it. (A NOTE OF CAUTION TO ANYONE BOOKING WITH THE BELVEDERE, these maids may try to enter your room at any time; we were sleeping one morning and they tried to enter our locked room way before 9 in the morning. Your 'do not disturb' signs that you constantly go on about (which by the way we were not told about because half your staff cannot communicate sufficiently) should not be necessary that early in the morning, it is ridiculous and we were given the shock of our lives. If your hotel staff all speak decent enough english as your previous replies to certain reviewers claim, then why did it take an age just to explain the simplest of problems. However, this was just a small issue involving the language barrier compared to the issues with our room. Prior to our holiday, we had emailed your hotel asking for a pool view which is advertised as a lot quieter than a room on the other side of the hotel. IT DEFINITELY IS NOT AND FOR THAT REASON ALONE I RECOMMEND THAT NOBODY VISIT THE BELVEDERE UNLESS THE HOTEL STAFF HAVE BEEN POLITE ENOUGH TO REPLY TO ANY EMAILS YOU SEND WITH REQUESTS, WHICH THEY PROBABLY WON'T. We were not given a reply, and so arrived in Salou with the hope that this had been given to us. Myself and my girlfriend suffer from quite bad headaches/migraines, and we were given by far the worst room possible. We were directly beside the stage, and every day, from very early until very late at night, we were bombarded with unnecessarily loud music which kept us awake at night and forced us to stay out of the hotel for as long as we could during the day, which should not be the case. The same four or five songs were played on constant repeat, and we were forced to go to reception and complain. I told various staff members on many different occasions (at least 3 or 4 times) that we could not sleep and it was disrupting our holiday to the point where we did not want to be in your hotel any longer. When i asked for a possible room change or some form of solution, your staff members had a very sarcastic tone and claimed that the hotel was totally booked up until a certain date, but everyday people left and others arrived and we were still not given a different room despite there being many people leaving, with time in between others arriving for us to move room. Closing the door and putting the air conditioning on made very little difference.
The staff were also very rude at dinner and breakfast; when in the queue for dinner, i was wearing a top and one of your staff members rudely pointed me out in front of everyone and told me to change it or i could not enter. Your clothing rules are on posters on the wall and i was not wearing anything that didn't satisfy your conditions. Yet your staff member still found it necessary to be rude and ask me to change; in some of your previous replies to other people's reviews, you seem to constantly say that your staff members work hard to give us the best possible experience, and are taught how to perform every job correctly and politely, yet half your staff members cannot raise a smile; Katy was so grumpy, and she took our plates before we were even finished eating on occasion.

I would like to recommend to you that you check in occasionally and see for yourself how your staff members are actually performing and treating customers, rather than just saying that they do everything brilliantly. Your claims about all of your staff speaking good english is simply false, because i spent a week there and did not have one conversation with them in which they understood what we were saying. They didn't even know enough english to explain to us how to turn the lights on or any other appliances in our room. Finally, when leaving we gave our room card into reception and instead of receiving a goodbye, or 'thankyou for staying at Belvedere', your staff simply said 'ok' and we left before our holiday was spoilt any further.

Also, the room itself was sufficient, the beds were of a very good size and it was good enough for what we wanted. However, the maids did not clean anything but the floor, the bed sheets and covers were not changed, despite your rule of changing them every 3rd night. We know that they were not changed because on two occasions, we were present in the room when the cleaning was taking place, and the sand we had in the bed from the first night after being at the beach remained all week. The bed covers were awful, we had to use blankets from the wardrobe. The view was not poolside, as we had to arch our neck just to see a bit of the pool. I would recommend a fridge that can be hired, as we could not get lunch to last the week or keep drinks cool. It was not a 3 star room.

The food was better than the room and much better than the staff. However, having to pay for drinks is appalling, and is not something that is easy to find out before you actually get to the hotel. Despite some of the food being undercooked, and my girlfriend being ill on the last couple of nights because of that, we managed to eat some of the food you offered, but i find it hard to believe that your food is of a 3 star standard, it seems more 2 star in my opinion, again despite what you write in response to other reviewers.

It is also very hard for me to read your replies to other reviews, as my experience at your hotel has told me the total opposite to what you claim. When you say that all of your staff are able to attend to any request (which my review would suggest otherwise), and when you talk about how other people enjoy the entertainment and loud music; it doesn't matter if we are the only people in your hotel who dislike the volume and lateness of the music, we still feel that as a hotel service you should be doing more to keep everyone happy. We know that hotels offer these forms of entertainment, but giving people the excuse that all hotels do it, as your staff members told us sarcastically, is not a solution and did nothing to improve our stay.
We were fully informed about the holiday and the hotel in general, and this is why we were so shocked and appalled to have these kinds of problems, which to make matters worse you could not resolve for us because you did not know what we were saying and seemed to have a generally bad attitude towards us.
I would strongly recommend that no one stay at the Belvedere, unless your idea of a good time is being unable to hear yourself speak, being prevented from sleeping, and feeling like you are not welcome. What was a lovely location and hotel in general, was hiding the true problems within.

Room Tip: Higher floors are the only place where you will be able to sleep properly, and many of the pool side...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Stefan-Parker

Dear guest,
Thank you for your comments again; everything was answered in my previous email and answers to all your comments were given so i guess this is not the place for any conversation, it is the place where you can post a review about our establishment and you did twice already.
We are sorry we did not fulfill your expectations.
Wish you a nice time

Reviewed 10 July 2014

my self an my family (three adults and 5 children) stayed in this hotel in two rooms. The chekc was slow. On arriving to the room it was very small and unclean. Towels were torn as were the sheets on the bed. They wouldnt provide me with a glass for my room. Plastic cups were available. It was virtually impossible to get a cup of ice to bring to your room. One morning one of the children was sick and I was looking for towels and toilet rolls and was directedly quite rudely to another trolly. I tried to bring food from the restaurant (fruit and bread) another day and was insulted and staff tried to stop me (my grandson had fallen and hurt his leg and was resting). I did complain to reception and the manager. Three of the bar staff were polite and friendly. The entertainment was awfull. I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: do not go there
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ethel H
Antonio P, Director Hotel at Ohtels Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear guest,

Let us thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and sending your lines about your stay which will give us the opportunity to point some of them.
Check in process can be faster or slower depending on people check in at the same time but till 3 receptionists are working at the same time in main arrivals days. Room sizes are available in all brochures the way the client has full information before buying their trip, but we strictly follow the legislation for 3 star rated hotel. The mistake that punctually you had a torn towel which is unacceptable if happened, does not mean that all linen is in the same situation, as you can easily understand. Plastic glasses are available in all rooms, and glass ones are for consumptions in the interior bar and restaurant, as per internal rules and for the guest safety glass is not allowed in pool area that’s why is not possible to bring them outside of this two areas glass glasses. It’s forbidden to take any food outside the restaurant that’s why if you did not explain to the restaurant manager your personal situation they asked you to do not take food outside, if similar situations are previously reported to us we allow the guests to bring some food to the room till the guest feels well enough to join the rest of guests in the restaurant.
Sometimes the way to avoid misunderstandings and then feel upset because the answer you receive is not the one you want to hear is to ask or report to the staff the way we know your punctual needs and then let us find the solution to your problem according to internal rules, rules that there must be when 1000 guests are staying at the same time in our hotel .Rules must be respected and will be ourselves to make them as flexible as needed to satisfy your wishes. This is nothing extraordinary for us; this is our daily job, job that we do with the only objective of fulfilling guests’ expectations and giving a fast solution to whatever the special need would be if they are communicated to us.
We are sorry you did not find your stay as comfortable as expected because of these issues, I hope my explanation that I had not the opportunity to gave you during your stay when things would be easier to solve help you to understand few things.
Thanks
Best regards

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

It was myself and my boyfriends first visit to salou. We travelled with thomson and arrived around 9pm.

On arrival check in was quite slow. There was a lady getting trained and another lady looking a bit stressed out and confused by our paperwork which worried me slightly however was fine. There is a bit of a language barrier as no receptionist spoke good English. We were given our room number but couldn't find our room as it was not explained well. There are 2 lifts near the restaurant both take u to different sides of the hotel. We got in the first lift not realising it was the wrong one until we soon enough figured it out. We also had to come back to gey our safe key as check in was busy the receptionist actually wanted us to come back the next day after going back down but we explained we needed it that night as we were going out. I have been abroad many times and never found check in to be a problem so was a little disappointed but overall would not ruin our holiday.

The room was good for 2. We had 2 double beds pushed together 2 pillows each plenty of wardrope space, mirrors plugs, bathroom of decent size with good shower and few toiletries and a average powered hair dryer. The air con was ok very noisy at night when you are trying to sleep. There is a table and 2 chairs on the balcony. We never requested a pool view room but we got one anyways which we were happy with. I was disappointed that there is no fridge in the room or for hire but i knew there wasn't one before booking. I just realised i missed a fridge for having a water in the mornings and chilled drinks throughout the day. Maids made the beds and brought fresh towels every day. They were not in too early and on one occasion when we had a late sleep they came back later after we left the do not disturb sign on the door.

The pool was a decent size looks bigger picture in the photos though. They did inflatables (slide and climbing frame for kids) twice a week for 2hrs. There was just enough sunbeds for everyone and we had no problem at any time of day getting one which was amazing. The only negative i can say about the pool area is that adults are not allowed lilos in the pool as i preper to relax,sunbathe and keep cool in the pool.

On arrival we were informed to put our suitcases behind the reception in a locked room and go for dinner before it ended at 9.30 the time at that moment being 9.25. I am a fussy eater and could not see anything i liked so ended up having a plate of chips and paying for a sprite my boyfriend tried the chicken and did not like the sauce it was in. Next day at breakfast i tried the scambled egg which had no taste there was no cheddar cheese the toast que took about 10 mins only to realise later that afterwards it had only toasted one side. I could not find butter anywhere as it was at the salad section not with the bread or jams which annoyed me. Sausages were nice but by that time i has lost my appetite and ate elsewhere. Would have had cereal but the milk was left out on the table which put me off. I tried the food at night and did not like anything even my boyfriend who is not fussy found it average at best. The deserts were average. The standard of food was not even close to 2 and 3 star hotels i have stayed in in the past.
Tip- the bell tavern not to far from the hotel does lovely food and has great service and is run by a scottish family.
Uncle sams near burger king is also amazing, big portions great food. Its an american diner set up and busy.
We ended up spending 350 euro eating out and we were half board aswell.

Entertainment looked good for kids. There was games, dancing, foam party, small arcade, pool table and swimming pool games. The animacion team worked very hard.

The hotel is a 10 to 15 minute walk to the beach, bars and restaurants on the way down. 20 to 30 minute walk to portavenura however there are noddy trains which take you to the gate 5 min walk away, look for the train stop sign. 3 euros each way.

It rained 2 days when we were there and they closed the pool bar. The entertainment outside was off one night for that reason.

Overall the hotel was average. We had a lovely time in salou despite the issues with the hotel.
Tips for hotel -
Fridges in rooms or for hire.
Reception staff more fluent in English.
Lilos allowed in pools.
BETTER STANDARD OF FOOD with more choice and better sign posted.

Salou in general. Portaventura theme park was amazing we went on all the rides in 2 days. Water park great for kids on the small side and not much slides for adults. The beach is gorgeous but can get busy. The main nightlife is a 15 min walk away

I would definitely return to salou in the future. If the hotel improves and the price is again good i would consider a return to the hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ScotlandBeachgirl

Dear guest,
We thank you for your recent visit, we will take in consideration your review, it will help us to till improving our service and hopefully convince you to be come back.
We are looking forward

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Well, this was my boyfriend and I's first holiday abroad together (we are students who do not have much experience) and to tell you the truth we had an absolutely awful experience at Hotel Belvedere in Salou.

Checking in
As soon as we arrived, it was very unclear as to what was happening. We had to wait for over an hour to check in and people were all over the place unsure of what to do. The Hotel Staff at Reception were extremely rude and could speak very little English, thus making communication extremely difficult, made considerably worse by the fact that I had never checked in a hotel before by myself. Our rooms were ready as soon as we checked in which was quite surprise. Whilst checking in, you have to pay hotel tax which was $7 (we stayed for a week so it might be slightly more if you stay for longer) and you also have the option to pay for a safety deposit box which was over a lot of money (over $20!!). Overall, checking in was made very difficult by staff who are unable to understand much English. We were given instructions pretty much in Spanish about the hotel room and it took us a day to figure out how to turn the lights on and put the air conditioning on!!!

The Room

The Room itself was adequate - the one positive being that the bed was massive and in fact very comfortable. However, the covers were very scratchy and hurt if you have burns and thus we resorted to using the winter blankets in the cupboard as these were softer! As we were only staying for the week, the space provided in the wardrobe was big enough, however any longer and I am not sure that this space would have been good enough at all. There was not enough room for shoes however many hangers were provided. The bathroom was ok - the shower was useless and sprayed water very feebly making it difficult to get all of the shampoo out of hair and it wasn't actually a proper shower - merely one in a bath! There was no bath matt which both my boyfriend and I found made showering very difficult and there was no matt to step out onto after the shower either. You are given the basics - there is shampoo, hand wash, a hair dryer, two cups and a comb, however I would still take my own! As I stayed half board, the hotel did not provide me with lunch and therefore I had to make it myself. The issue was that the room had no fridge, any appliances or even a chopping board!!!! Everyday I had to have plain rolls which I got from the local supermarket, crisps and chocolate! I could not cook anything!!!!!! There wasn't even a microwave. Also, the tap water is not drinkable which meant that there was no fridge to keep water cold in!

Our room was located in the corner of the hotel right next to the entertainment stage - too loud. All day, the Belvedere Hotel loves to whack music on extremely loud and to make matters worse they play the same songs again and again! Even with the air con on full blast and the patio door shut, the music still found a way to get into the bedroom. My boyfriend and I complained FOUR TIMES to try and change room - the people at reception barely understood what we were saying and in fact seemed to answer us back incredibly sarcastically!!Being a person who needs peace, not being able to change room at all really angered and also ruined my experience of the hotel. The entertainment also kept us up every night, continuing until midnight- even ear plugs did not keep the noise out! For this factor alone and the fact that the staff didn't even seem to care about our distress, we will certainly not be returning to the Belvedere Hotel.

The Food

The Food was average and very very oily. Every night there was the usual pasta, chicken, rice and chips with salad and veg and one night it was Italian themed and last night it was Spanish themed. Whilst this is all well and good, most of the meat seemed very very pink and undercooked and last night the meatballs upset my stomach and therefore I would try to avoid the meat if I were you. Also, being a buffet meant that many people were placing food on their plate and then putting it back again with their hands - to avoid this we found being there as soon as dinner begins is the best thing to do. Although there was a nice selection of fruit, the other puddings looked disgusting - I didn't touch any of them. Cereals were also very poor, with the only English cereal being coco pops. One thing to keep in mind is that drinks ARE NOT FREE!! My boyfriend and I repeatedly saw people enraged as they were offered drinks not realising that they actually had to pay for them, they were not cheap either!!

Dinner was made much worse as the Spanish constantly pushed and shoved in front of us!!!!! Even the waiters and waitresses were rude to us, with the exception of David!! 'Katy' I think, served us most days and she failed to crack a smile, snatching the plates from us before we were even finished! I would recommend to everyone to make sure that when you get dinner that you also get your pudding as otherwise you walk back to your table and someone else is already sitting in it! The man at the front, not David, was also very rude to my boyfriend, yelling at him as he was wearing a t shirt when everyone else in the line also was!!!!! It just seemed that if you were not Spanish, you were not welcome.

Room Service

The room was supposedly cleaned every day by the maids. I have to warn you that this is very important. The maids do not speak English and they start to clean from very early on in the morning!!! They woke us up every morning dragging their little cart up and down the corridor!! They also do not knock and luckily enough we locked the door because yesterday morning before nine in the morning they tried to get into our room!!!! We were both asleep and got the shock of our lives as we thought somebody was trying to break in, so just bear that in mind! They don't really clean, all they do is sweep the floors and make not change the beds. This meant that for the whole holiday we were not given any new sheets which sucked since we went to the beach on the first day so our sheets were all sandy! The towels can be changed daily but you have to make sure that you put them on the floor otherwise they don't get touched!!! They do smell even when washed however. Overall, I felt the maids were very rude for just barging in that early on in the morning and the fact that you were unable to communicate with them made it even worse!

Overall, we both liked the actual hotel and its location, but the staff and their lack of English (something that never crossed our minds as by booking with Thomson we believed we would have the security of the hotel staff understanding English), the oily and undercooked food and the intimidating other Spanish guests really put us off ever going again and the Belvedere Hotel is most certainly a place I would not recommend.

Room Tip: Higher floors will have less noise. A pool side view will bring you noise from the hotel itself but...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eeeeel
Antonio P, Director Hotel at Ohtels Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your stay and for sending your review about it , we are sorry we were not able to fulfill all your expectations despite of the hard job we daily do to offer our clients the most comfortable stay possible.
As we are not agreeing in many of your affirmations would like to point them to do not confuse some other clients, most of them because unfortunately seems you got some wrong information in origin when booking our hotel for the holidays which made your expectations were others, expectations we are not able to reach anyway because of the type of establishment we are.
Firstly would like to inform you that every single member of the front desk staff are speaking English, some of them with higher skills than others but all of them are able to attend any request and give you any explanation you may need during your stay so I cannot understand what you really mean that they gave you the instructions in Spanish.
Secondly and in reference to the payment you did in arrival as mentioned in some other replies is just the local touristic tax everyone must paid on arrival as you should be informed when buying your trip. Maximum of seven euros per person independently on how long your stay will be. Also the safety boxes is a service we offer to the guests which we highly recommend to use which is not included in the price you paid to your agency and that the hotel decide to charge for it and also all brochure contain the information about which services or equipment we have or which we have not, the way you cannot expect a minibar in the room and then you will find out there’s not.
Room sizes and equipment fulfill strictly the Spanish legislation for the hotel category we are, as a hotel that we are and not a touristic apartment we do not have a kitchen and of course no one kitchen items in the room the way you can cook yourself mainly because is absolutely forbidden. The hotel supply you with the meal services you contracted, in your case half board so your lunch was not included in the price. Let you know that for a higher price the hotel supply anyone who contract it with full board which means breakfast, lunch and dinner, even if not contracting it you are welcome to the restaurant for the lunch where you can enjoy the buffet for the price of 10€ per person, also the pool bar is open during lunch time for everyone but mainly for half board guests who wants to have some snack.
Entertainment in the hotel is much more appreciated as well pool view rooms for most of the guests staying with us, people really enjoy the night shows sitting out in the terrace profiting the nice temperature the area has during the summer, activities are running during the day with one main break during lunch time and always ending by midnight. About your room change we are sorry we cannot offer it to you but occupancy and availability did not allow us to do it if not do no doubt that we will have not any problem to do it if it will help the guest to feel more comfortable.
Concerning the food we feel sorry if you did not find in our extended variety anything interesting for you, all our food follow strict procedures to offer our guests proper food, none intoxication regarding our food have been detected in years which means not during your stay too of course, so adjudge to our meatballs your sick when having half board contracted is under our point of view audacious and unfair moreover absolutely untruth. Tongues are provided for each type of meal and if punctually someone will use their hands of course we cannot avoid it even if we control they are used by everyone, but that’s mainly a common sense and politeness rule that the hotel has not much to do about it. As you may noticed we are not an all inclusive hotel and none of our guests have this board which means once more that you were not correctly informed, the drinks are not included in your package it means that if you order some drink needs to be paid. We do not force, is part of our service offer the drinks menu which contains the available drinks with their own prices to the clients. Some dress code as graphically stated and easily visible in the restaurant access is requested for dinners, for example men clients wearing tank tops are kindly asked to change their clothes, t-shirts as you mentioned are allowed, so the staff member was just kindly asking you to follow the dress code nothing on the personal side.
Politeness and right attitude towards others has nothing to do with client’s nationality, when thousand clients stays at the same time in an international hotel as we are, the common sense, the respect towards others and mainly an open mind are the musts to relax and enjoy your holidays which is the main objective of everyone, just care about how nice is life on holidays and forget the small issues should be the only worry.
Finally about your room comments just inform you that sheets are changed every 3rd night of stay, bath mat, 1 big towels and 1 hand towel is provided per guest and changed whenever the guest wish if leaving them of the floor, if hanging them means that the client wants to use one more time and will help us to respect the environment as explained in the stickers in the bathrooms. If not wanted to be disturb for the cleaning service just need to hang outside your door the hanger “do not disturb “ the way the maids will know you are inside your room.
I hope my detailed explanations clarify you the way things are done and how the things work not only in our hotel, mostly in all resort hotels. We highly recommend before booking any accommodation in the future to be fully informed about all details the way you will book the type of accommodation you are looking for and avoid misunderstandings.
Once more thank you