We travelled in a large family group staying at the Dorada Palace for 11 nights. Half stayed in the Aparthotel and we, as two groups, stayed in the Hotel. The hotel accommodation was excellent. Large rooms, plenty cupboard and drawer space for clothes, balcony was good size with table, chairs and large dryer for clothes. Cleaning staff came in every day and changed towels, made up beds and swept floor surfaces. They work all day and kept the Hotel spotless.
I had only 2 main criticisms of the hotel - firstly food. We went half board. While we had no complaints on the breakfast choice (freshly made omelettes are great) we had more than a few nights at Supper trying to "put together" a meal ! The Salad selection was okay but when
it came to the hot food platters we felt there could have been more choice on offer. Most people raided the kiddies section for the chips on offer every night !
Entertainment - where do I begin ! I understand we were in Spain but to have the entertainment in Spanish every night with a sentence now and again thrown in English left us all wondering what was going on. We did enjoy the Animation Teams "Grease Night" when the main tape playing was in English then their talking parts were in Spanish. Made for a very amusing show !! (On the + side the animations team have a few good singing voices in their Team). Pre entertainment 9pm to 10 pm is given over to the Kids Entertainment (mainly the awards ceremony for the day then Disco). There was no entertainment for teenagers and what was on offer the rest of our stay (apart from the Balancing Act and a Singing Duo) was dire to say the least.
The Hotel accommodation and grounds including the three fantastic pools and kiddie pool, staff
friendliness and location all get a 10/10 but I would hope if I returned would find an a massive improvement in the entertainment and food choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Dorada Palace, a 4-star complex built in 1999.The hotel-aparthotel offers standard, king zize and superior rooms, also it has apartments with kitchen. Breakfast is always included. The establishment is located in Salou, close to Llevant beach, the golf courses and theme park PortAventura. Is the ideal hotel for families and couples who want to enjoy the sun and beaches of the Mediterranean sea, and the wide variety of entertainment, relaxation and fun you will find in the Costa Dorada. Free wifi in all the hotel-aparthotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel-Aparthotel Dorada Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel-Aparthotel Dorada Palace**** Hotel Salou
- Dorada Palace Salou
- Hotel Dorada Palace
- Club Dorada Palace Hotel
- Club Dorada Palace Salou
- Hotel-Aparthotel Dorada Palace Salou, Costa Dorada