Things to be aware of when travelling as part of a package to this hotel:
1) We were informed at the desk that groups are 'kept together' - we recently travelled with Jet2 (UK).....all people with our party were allocated to rooms on a low floor with poor, obscured sea views or back views. When asked if we could move to a higher floor with a sea view (even if we paid a supplement), the head receptionist said that it wasn't possible and that she must keep groups together - this was very dissapointing as my mother is 70 and has visible mobility problems and we were forced to look at a wall all week - the only alternative was either overlooking a road or on a downstairs floor 2 metres from the noisy bar area - this room was level with the pool - where everyone could see into the room. I nearly cried when I saw what they gave us.
2) The clientele are 90% Russian. Good people but the obvious language barrier is a problem.
3) The dining hall is filled to capacity at dinner time - several times there were long queues at the door to be seated.
4) Food is varied but badly laid out - everyone stretching over to reach the salads (not good if you're in a wheel chair). I have travelled all over the world and the food quality in the Cala Font is about 2-3 star. Also there were flies around the soup pots some nights. Also, the margarine/butter should be next to the bread...and the sliced bread should be more near the toaster on a morning.....little things like this make a world of difference. Milk jugs would be handy too.
5) A queue forms at meal times and 80% of the time they were late opening the dining room doors.
5) Room interior is really nice - great cleaning service (and early which is great especially if you come back early as we had to do due to my mother's mobility problems). They could do with buying in a new batch of towels, however, as they were pretty grey and coarse.
6) Overall - if you are one of the lucky ones who get a room with a fabuolous sea view, I would say the hotel is 4 star...if you're looking at the bricks/road all week you will be saying it's a 3 star.
7) A message to Jet2 - include an option on your booking form so that guests can pay a supplement for the sea view rooms!!!
8) I liked Salou (espcially Cambrils for the high-end shopping)...I will return, but not to this hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cala Font Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Cala Font
- Cala Font Hotel Salou, Costa Dorada